Why was the H2BR raised to a level 5 req?

This makes no sense to me. It was perfect as a level four really. I mean are you going to tell me that the H2BR is on par with other level five reqs like dying star and oathsworn? It really should be put back as a level four. Some of these req changes sure are annoying.

It’s vastly superior to the magnum and the BR. I’m assuming it was to reduce the skill gap since better players dominate with it.

It’s also a loadout, not a power weapon, so its not a one-time use like the dying star or oathsworn. You keep respawning with it.

> 2533274816788253;1:
> This makes no sense to me. It was perfect as a level four really. I mean are you going to tell me that the H2BR is on par with other level five reqs like dying star and oathsworn? It really should be put back as a level four. Some of these req changes sure are annoying.

No, it’s not on the level of the Star or Oathsworn. That’s why it is a loadout weapon that costs 0 REQ energy. But it is essentially aimbot mode and deserves to be classified in a higher power tier as a result.

Basically, what Heavies said.

I think it had to do with the fact that its a loadout weapon and the other loadout options at REQ level 4 pale in comparison. Personally, I never minded it being at REQ level 4; though, I did think they should have adjusted many other loadout weapons down in value. Basically, adjust around it instead of adjusting it.

I agree with the others here, way more easier to use, faster kill time, more accurate and more stable thant the BR or Magnum. I’m glad that it got bumped up a level and personally were it up to me I’d throw it up to 6 among other cheese weapons that deserve a increse in level. Tactical + Gunfighter Magnum combo from level 3 to the end FTW.

Dying Star is pretty bad in terms of killtime. Barbed Lance has more ammo and kills a lot quicker than Dying Star. Furthermore to add insult to injury the H2BR can easily get a perfect kill against a Dying Star if both users start shooting at the same time resulting in a trade.

I still disagree it’s not that devastating as a weapon. But guess another reason why not to play warzone unless it’s turbo anyways.

It wouldn’t be so annoying if they H5BR didn’t feel like such crap to use. Are you hiring a badyoink burst fire rifle or framing up a house with a nail gun…tough to tell the difference really.

> 2533274874385787;5:
> I agree with the others here, way more easier to use, faster kill time, more accurate and more stable than the ##### BR or Magnum. I’m glad that it got bumped up a level and personally were it up to me I’d throw it up to 6 among other cheese weapons that deserve a increse in level. Tactical + Gunfighter Magnum combo from level 3 to the end FTW.
>
> Dying Star is pretty bad in terms of killtime. Barbed Lance has more ammo and kills a lot quicker than Dying Star. Furthermore to add insult to injury the H2BR can easily get a perfect kill against a Dying Star if both users start shooting at the same time resulting in a trade.
[/quote]
Some clarifications on Time-to-Kill (TTK) numbers:
>
> - Barbed Lance (Light Rifle) - optimal (ADS) TTK = 0.85 seconds - Blood of Suban (Carbine) - optimal TTK = 1.00 seconds - Rain of Oblivion (Carbine) - optimal TTK = 1.00 seconds - Barbed Lance (Light Rifle) - optimal (hipfire) TTK = 1.15 seconds - Light Rifle - optimal (ADS) TTK = 1.16 seconds - Dying Star (Light Rifle) - optimal TTK = 1.17 seconds - (gunfighter) Magnum - optimal TTK = 1.20 seconds - Carbine - optimal TTK = 1.21 seconds - Light Rifle - optimal (hipfire) TTK = 1.23 seconds - (tactical) Magnum - optimal TTK = 1.40 seconds - (standard) Magnum - optimal TTK = 1.45 seconds - H5BR - optimal TTK = 1.47 seconds (pre-updates the H5BR use to have an optimal TTK of 1.32) - H2BR - optimal TTK = 1.47 seconds - DMR - optimal TTK = 1.51 secondsThe H2BR isn’t actually faster to kill than the H5BR or Magnums, but it is much easier to use than the H5BR and an argument can be made that it’s more forgiving than the Magnums because its aim assistance covers a greater range of distance.

It was mentioned in a community update.

> As mentioned above, there were quite a few loadout weapons that were clearly under or over performing, so we wanted to adjust them so that they could all have their time to shine. This means lowering the REQ Level of the underperforming weapons and increasing the level of ones that were outclassing other options at that same level.
>
> - Battle Rifle 3 -> 2 - Magnum Extended Mag 2 -> 3 - Halo 2 Battle Rifle 4 -> 5 - DMR 6 -> 5 - Recon DMR 6 -> 5 - Sentinel DMR 6 -> 5 - Hybrid DMR 6 -> 5 - Morph DMR 6 -> 5
[/quote]
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/duty-in-battle.

The H2 BR is a hot load out. There is a debate with the DMR though now as that dropped to 5. It really depends on your common distance of engagement really.

My takeaway from the change was that they were trying to promote weapon diversity. After all there are 35 other BRs to choose from, but everyone uses the same 4. Also goes to show how bloated the weapons sandbox is.

> 2775209234672000;7:
> > 2533274874385787;5:
> > I agree with the others here, way more easier to use, faster kill time, more accurate and more stable than the ##### BR or Magnum. I’m glad that it got bumped up a level and personally were it up to me I’d throw it up to 6 among other cheese weapons that deserve a increse in level. Tactical + Gunfighter Magnum combo from level 3 to the end FTW.
> >
> > Dying Star is pretty bad in terms of killtime. Barbed Lance has more ammo and kills a lot quicker than Dying Star. Furthermore to add insult to injury the H2BR can easily get a perfect kill against a Dying Star if both users start shooting at the same time resulting in a trade.
[/quote]
Some clarifications on Time-to-Kill (TTK) numbers:
> >
> >
> > - Barbed Lance (Light Rifle) - optimal (ADS) TTK = 0.85 seconds - Blood of Suban (Carbine) - optimal TTK = 1.00 seconds - Rain of Oblivion (Carbine) - optimal TTK = 1.00 seconds - Barbed Lance (Light Rifle) - optimal (hipfire) TTK = 1.15 seconds - Light Rifle - optimal (ADS) TTK = 1.16 seconds - Dying Star (Light Rifle) - optimal TTK = 1.17 seconds - (gunfighter) Magnum - optimal TTK = 1.20 seconds - Carbine - optimal TTK = 1.21 seconds - Light Rifle - optimal (hipfire) TTK = 1.23 seconds - (tactical) Magnum - optimal TTK = 1.40 seconds - (standard) Magnum - optimal TTK = 1.45 seconds - H5BR - optimal TTK = 1.47 seconds (pre-updates the H5BR use to have an optimal TTK of 1.32) - H2BR - optimal TTK = 1.47 seconds - DMR - optimal TTK = 1.51 secondsThe H2BR isn’t actually faster to kill than the H5BR or Magnums, but it is much easier to use than the H5BR and an argument can be made that it’s more forgiving than the Magnums because its aim assistance covers a greater range of distance.
[/quote]
Huh, I remembered the killtimes completely wrong then, it’s been quite a while since I last looked at them and I play on so bad connections in WZ that I flipped the TTKs of BRs and Magnums. With the Dying Star I forgot to clarify that if you don’t get a headshot you get perfected while the Dying Star’s shot still lingers before exploding.
> >
> > I still seem to forget that the H5BR and H2BR have always had the same killtimes. Oh well, that’s what you get for not checking the actual values and relying on your gut feeling after thousands of expanded WZ games that completely warped my perception of the TTKs. Thanks for the reminder on the actual TTKs.
> >
> > But yeah, everyone can agree that the H2BR is definitely the easier one to use.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> I still disagree it’s not that devastating as a weapon. But guess another reason why not to play warzone unless it’s turbo anyways.
>
> It wouldn’t be so annoying if they H5BR didn’t feel like such crap to use. Are you hiring a badyoink burst fire rifle or framing up a house with a nail gun…tough to tell the difference really.

I couldnt agree more. This late in the game these changes did not need to happen.

So now your telling me i can req my blood @ lvl 4 before the H2Br? Hmmm, balance you say eh

It really needs to be a higher tier req because of that intense bullet magnetism. It is now the same level as the very similar H5 BR with laser sight.

343i did not think the smartest move would be to revert the entire sandbox (mainly H5BR) to its pre-November 2017 state. You know, a time during which nearly the entire playerbase had no complaints about the weapons. So, whether it was for ego reasons or something else entirely stupid, they decided to screw over the rest of the weapons by messing with their REQ levels.

I have to agree on this one… H2br, that was the all time stupid change they’ve done yet. Change the br to level 2 then don’t give scope’s till the next level up. The only scope that makes a difference is the long shot. Hmmmm… guess 343 employees are bored and have nothing better to do.

> 2533274843446007;15:
> I have to agree on this one… H2br, that was the all time stupid change they’ve done yet. Change the br to level 2 then don’t give scope’s till the next level up. The only scope that makes a difference is the long shot. Hmmmm… guess 343 employees are bored and have nothing better to do.

I had such a good WZ routine down. Clear base > equip extended mag pistol & rush middle base. Hit lvl 4 > H2BR. Hit lvl 6 > H2BR & DMR. It was great & flowed well withe how the games progressed. Now I have to run around with the pistol for half the game until I can get the H2BR. We don’t really get to use it in many other modes, why not let us get it earlier on in WZ games, probably one of the only fun weapons to use IMO.

Being forced to use the Pistol over & over again in every game mode gets tiresome.

> 2533274826044245;16:
> > 2533274843446007;15:
> > I have to agree on this one… H2br, that was the all time stupid change they’ve done yet. Change the br to level 2 then don’t give scope’s till the next level up. The only scope that makes a difference is the long shot. Hmmmm… guess 343 employees are bored and have nothing better to do.
>
> I had such a good WZ routine down. Clear base > equip extended mag pistol & rush middle base. Hit lvl 4 > H2BR. Hit lvl 6 > H2BR & DMR. It was great & flowed well withe how the games progressed. Now I have to run around with the pistol for half the game until I can get the H2BR. We don’t really get to use it in many other modes, why not let us get it earlier on in WZ games, probably one of the only fun weapons to use IMO.
>
> Being forced to use the Pistol over & over again in every game mode gets tiresome.

Agreed… the damn pistol is what 343 is pushing I guess…No logic, no one complained about the h2 br being over powered that I’ve ever seen on the forums being at level 4… Idiots, fix something that’s not broken. Senseless crap just gets my goat… Sorry. I guess there’s no oversight on any project with 343.

> 2533274843446007;17:
> > 2533274826044245;16:
> > > 2533274843446007;15:
> > > I have to agree on this one… H2br, that was the all time stupid change they’ve done yet. Change the br to level 2 then don’t give scope’s till the next level up. The only scope that makes a difference is the long shot. Hmmmm… guess 343 employees are bored and have nothing better to do.
> >
> > I had such a good WZ routine down. Clear base > equip extended mag pistol & rush middle base. Hit lvl 4 > H2BR. Hit lvl 6 > H2BR & DMR. It was great & flowed well withe how the games progressed. Now I have to run around with the pistol for half the game until I can get the H2BR. We don’t really get to use it in many other modes, why not let us get it earlier on in WZ games, probably one of the only fun weapons to use IMO.
> >
> > Being forced to use the Pistol over & over again in every game mode gets tiresome.
>
> Agreed… the damn pistol is what 343 is pushing I guess…No logic, no one complained about the h2 br being over powered that I’ve seen being at level 4… Idiots, fix something that’s not broken. Senseless crap just gets my goat… Sorry.

Very true. I wonder if the pistol is more liked then the classic br, Im very curious to see if the pistol is pushed in infinite as well, I personally hope it isn’t. But thats just me.

> 2533274826044245;16:
> > 2533274843446007;15:
> > I have to agree on this one… H2br, that was the all time stupid change they’ve done yet. Change the br to level 2 then don’t give scope’s till the next level up. The only scope that makes a difference is the long shot. Hmmmm… guess 343 employees are bored and have nothing better to do.
>
> I had such a good WZ routine down. Clear base > equip extended mag pistol & rush middle base. Hit lvl 4 > H2BR. Hit lvl 6 > H2BR & DMR. It was great & flowed well withe how the games progressed. Now I have to run around with the pistol for half the game until I can get the H2BR. We don’t really get to use it in many other modes, why not let us get it earlier on in WZ games, probably one of the only fun weapons to use IMO.
>
> Being forced to use the Pistol over & over again in every game mode gets tiresome.

It’s just like you said, it’s such a fun weapon to use. I hated waiting for level 4 because I always wanted it at 3, but I totally understood why it was 4 and it motivated me to get to 4 faster. I don’t get it, the people working on the game right now just seem to want to take away some of the few things that made the game purely fun (as opposed to clinical with a perpetual e-sports -Yoink!-) in favor of completely unneeded changes. You would think that they would leave major things alone in a game that has caused so much of a hubbub within the community. Guess one can only post on forums to create buzz and wait for the next major hardware update so that Halo 5 gets a revisit.

> 2533274824050480;19:
> > 2533274826044245;16:
> > > 2533274843446007;15:
> > > I have to agree on this one… H2br, that was the all time stupid change they’ve done yet. Change the br to level 2 then don’t give scope’s till the next level up. The only scope that makes a difference is the long shot. Hmmmm… guess 343 employees are bored and have nothing better to do.
> >
> > I had such a good WZ routine down. Clear base > equip extended mag pistol & rush middle base. Hit lvl 4 > H2BR. Hit lvl 6 > H2BR & DMR. It was great & flowed well withe how the games progressed. Now I have to run around with the pistol for half the game until I can get the H2BR. We don’t really get to use it in many other modes, why not let us get it earlier on in WZ games, probably one of the only fun weapons to use IMO.
> >
> > Being forced to use the Pistol over & over again in every game mode gets tiresome.
>
> It’s just like you said, it’s such a fun weapon to use. I hated waiting for level 4 because I always wanted it at 3, but I totally understood why it was 4 and it motivated me to get to 4 faster. I don’t get it, the people working on the game right now just seem to want to take away some of the few things that made the game purely fun (as opposed to clinical with a perpetual e-sports -Yoink!-) in favor of completely unneeded changes. You would think that they would leave major things alone in a game that has caused so much of a hubbub within the community. Guess one can only post on forums to create buzz and wait for the next major hardware update so that Halo 5 gets a revisit.

Your right. The catering towards the competitive playlists & competitive side seems way too one sided atm. The rest of the casual community who enjoys btb & WZ are kinda left scratching our heads. Like you said, we can only post on the forums hoping for the best.