Why was the DMR put into Halo 4?

If I may recall, many people quit playing Halo because of the DMR.

Now you put it in Halo 4 (pretending it’ll be like Halo 3), and yet the DMR (most hated weapon) is still there, and it’s more powerful than any other starting weapon…

I wish I could use the laser rifle…but no…DMR is better…

also…the boltlock pistol…stronger than anything…wtf…? It can kill someone from ~5 feet away…matches up with a shotgun, and scattergun.

> If I may recall, many people quit playing Halo because of the DMR.
>
> Now you put it in Halo 4 (pretending it’ll be like Halo 3), and yet the DMR (most hated weapon) is still there, and it’s more powerful than any other starting weapon…
>
> I wish I could use the laser rifle…but no…DMR is better…
>
> also…the boltlock pistol…stronger than anything…wtf…? It can kill someone from ~5 feet away…matches up with a shotgun, and scattergun.

It’s a game aimed at noobs. That’s why. Noobs=big game sales.

people hated dmr bloom not the dmr itself. the boltshot’s range is way to far but the fact that it needs to charge and has a long reload time make it more fair.

Everyone secretly loved the DMR, you should be asking “why was the BR put in Halo 4?” instead. It sucks, it always sucked, the only reason they brought the BR back was because people wouldn’t shut up about it.

Then they realize the DMR is superior and use it anyway after crying for years trying to get it back.

> people hated dmr bloom not the dmr itself. the boltshot’s range is way to far but the fact that it needs to charge and has a long reload time make it more fair.

Not at all…

When I call in/pick up a scattergun/shotgun I expect at close range to be superior than…a boltshot…

Also, this can be countered using one of the armor mods D: But I dun use it cause im too in love with the Plasma Pistol! Long Live Coives!

dmr was the predecessor to br also, so it doesn’t follow the lore either.