Why was the army not invited to VOI?

So I was reading Glasslands and found out that the UNSC army was the only military branch not invited to the memorial, Why?! As shown in Reach the army fought as hard as the marines did, why were they not even mentioned on the memorial, or even invited to the ceremony?!

people are -Yoinks!- that’s why.

That’s actually a great question. You’ve got me stumped.

I believe it was because of a rivalry between the Navy and the Army, the Navy believed that it had done all the hard work during the war and that the Army was useless in pushing back the covenant.

So they didn’t invite the Army to the memorial, despite the fact that all should have been able to attend . . .

Don’t take my word for fact though, someone else feel free to prove me wrong, I’m just going by memory.

> I believe it was because of a rivalry between the Navy and the Army, the Navy believed that it had done all the hard work during the war and that the Army was useless in pushing back the covenant.
>
> So they didn’t invite the Army to the memorial, despite the fact that all should have been able to attend . . .
>
> Don’t take my word for fact though, someone else feel free to prove me wrong, I’m just going by memory.

Yeah I remember in Reach a army trooper mentions this rivalry.

Because Lord Hood was secretly a yoink who hated the Army.

> Because Lord Hood was secretly a yoink who hated the Army.

I don’t think it was Lord Hood, wasn’t it some other power that refused them invites?

Well the rivalry between the Navy and Army is honestly stupid at this point.

1. The Covenant wanted to wipe out ALL humans. Now the Storm seem to follow that goal.
  2. Previously, and once again, the Insurrectionists were the enemies.
  3. If it’s not obvious, they’re on the same team.

It’s stupid and childish. Any military that fosters this attitude should seriously step back and see how immature it is. Fictional military or not.

My only other theory that is that perhaps the Army had their own memorial, just somewhere else. The Navy DID do most of the fighting at Voi itself, but the Army may have a memorial somewhere else.

Also, wasn’t the UNSC most successful on the ground? You would think the Army plays a much larger role on the ground. The Navy got it’s -Yoink- kicked in space a lot.

> > Because Lord Hood was secretly a yoink who hated the Army.
>
> I don’t think it was Lord Hood, wasn’t it some other power that refused them invites?

“Curiously, the UNSC Army was the only military branch of the UNSC not invited to the memorial ceremony by Admiral Hood, something Admiral Parangosky found “-Yoink- rude”.”-from the Halopedia.org/the good, reliable Halopedia.