Why was ODST a compensation?

Hello again my friends,

It has only been a couple months prior to this date since we have received the compensation pack from 343 Industries regarding the horrific online failures of matchmaking within the Master Chief Collection, but why exactly did they offer ODST in the mix if they know that backwards compatibility would be launching come holiday 2015? It almost seems as if they wasted their time and effort on the project, also considering a very large portion of the Halo player base do not play or even care for a spinoff title such as the game. 343 could of made more H2A maps with certain affinity for crying out loud. For im not saying i do not like ODST, as i enjoy the story of it very much including the games beautiful soundtrack, but im bringing this topic up because it almost seemed pointless. As a computer coder and developer a little bit myself i know it is very damn well hard to port games. 343 may of done this all to bring the 2009 shooter early to us fans because December 2015 is a longtime away and they needed to bring an apology to us fans, but they may of been able to do something better.

What do yall think, why did 343 bring us ODST? Leave your replies down below and have a beautiful day!

It runs on the same engine as Halo 3 and was probably alot easier to port than have certain Affinity make new maps.

> 2535460563992418;1:
> Hello again my friends,
> It has only been a couple months prior to this date since we have received the compensation pack from 343 Industries regarding the horrific online failures of matchmaking within the Master Chief Collection, but why exactly did they offer ODST in the mix if they know that backwards compatibility would be launching come holiday 2015? It almost seems as if they wasted their time and effort on the project, also considering a very large portion of the Halo player base do not play or even care for a spinoff title such as the game. 343 could of made more H2A maps with certain affinity for crying out loud. For im not saying i do not like ODST, as i enjoy the story of it very much including the games beautiful soundtrack, but im bringing this topic up because it almost seemed pointless. As a computer coder and developer a little bit myself i know it is very damn well hard to port games. 343 may of done this all to bring the 2009 shooter early to us fans because December 2015 is a longtime away and they needed to bring an apology to us fans, but they may of been able to do something better.
> What do yall think, why did 343 bring us ODST? Leave your replies down below and have a beautiful day!

Probably because Buck plays a heavy role in Halo 5: Guardians. For those who either never played ODST or just got into gaming this generation, it was a way to introduce them to the character. Just my thoughts.

Backwards compatibility doesn’t make games 1080p at 60fps. That’s one of the main points of the Master Chief Collection.

And 343i probably didn’t all know that backwards compatibility was coming. Not when they started looking into ODST, at least.

> 2533274907934539;4:
> Backwards compatibility doesn’t make games 1080p at 60fps. That’s one of the main points of the Master Chief Collection.
>
> And 343i probably didn’t all know that backwards compatibility was coming. Not when they started looking into ODST, at least.

That’s my theory as well. I imagine they learned about BC late in the process, which is why they didn’t port firefight: we will get it with BC.

On the back of the New Blood novel, and the reveal that Buck has a huge part in Halo 5, it makes sense. It allows the players, new and old to get to know Buck (again). Remastering the game in the same 1080p, 60fps is of much higher value than the backwards compatibility would be, especially for newer players who might not have played ODST. It was a smart move and nice gesture, I’ve really enjoyed replaying it with its fancy new frame rate and resolution.

It makes more sense than you think, with backwards compatibility you have to already own/buy the 360 version but this way you 1. Get the game for free/5 dollars (While retail ODST is around $20). 2. It’s been buffed to 1080p while 360 is not. 3. Since Buck is important to Halo 5’s story it’s pretty smart to give out the game he’s featured in to make sure as many people as possible know who he is.

Also worth adding that Certain Affinity have their own projects to work on, so getting their time to make more maps would be hard. MCC was originally only supposed to ship with 4 die to the time it took for them to build, until they pushed for 6 and made it. Relic was chosen as it had already been concepted and was pretty much a next-in-line map

I’ll also add that free multiplayer maps as compensation doesn’t make much sense when the multiplayer has/had so many problems. Campaign is quite a bit more dependable.