Why was Halo 4 called a love story?

Some memes said that it’s better than twilight.

Because everytime a man and a woman expresses closeness to one another, especially in video games, films, or books, the internet goes crazy and automatically jumps to “OMG they’re in love!”. I for one have never perceived that notion and always saw their closeness as nothing more than siblings. Something like a brother and a sister always looking out for one another.

> 2533274809226598;2:
> Because everytime a man and a woman expresses closeness to one another, especially in video games, films, or books, the internet goes crazy and automatically jumps to “OMG they’re in love!”. I for one have never perceived that notion and always saw their closeness as nothing more than siblings. Something like a brother and a sister always looking out for one another.

understandable very smart good

That’s a subjective notion. I don’t consider Halo 4 a love story at all.

Even if Halo 4 isn’t a love story, it’s STILL a better love story than Twilight.

> 2533275019357130;4:
> That’s a subjective notion. I don’t consider Halo 4 a love story at all.

aight me neither

> 2535409531498059;1:
> Some memes said that it’s better than twilight.

Because is the most Halo games story speaker Master Chief and Cortana with some emotional part

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535406417205447;7:
> > 2535409531498059;1:
> > Some memes said that it’s better than twilight.
>
> Because is the most Halo games story speaker Master Chief and Cortana with some emotional part

bruh

> 2535409531498059;1:
> Some memes said that it’s better than twilight.

Well, it showed us the relationship between chief and cortana. Which was never romantic, but you know, the internet.

I see.

I don’t think Master Chief is physically able to love and he realizes that Cortana isn’t basically a love story. He was close to her, and Cortana (as a perfect AI) could feel something to him, but I think that Master Chief wanted to save Cortana as her “battle mate” and of course because he was taught that protecting Cortana is a priority to UNSC.
I would say that Master Chief sees Cortana as a friend

> 2535426874383005;11:
> I don’t think Master Chief is physically able to love and he realizes that Cortana isn’t basically a love story. He was close to her, and Cortana (as a perfect AI) could feel something to him, but I think that Master Chief wanted to save Cortana as her “battle mate” and of course because he was taught that protecting Cortana is a priority to UNSC.
> I would say that Master Chief sees Cortana as a friend

Heresy. They are probably best friends.

> 2533274809226598;2:
> Because everytime a man and a woman expresses closeness to one another, especially in video games, films, or books, the internet goes crazy and automatically jumps to “OMG they’re in love!”. I for one have never perceived that notion and always saw their closeness as nothing more than siblings. Something like a brother and a sister always looking out for one another.

I think that this is spot on. I never once interpreted their relationship and romantic and feel like one has to ignore the entirety of the story of halo up until that point minus the perceived -Yoink!- of each character in order to even consider the romantic option , and even there one is a holographic AI and the other is a frankensteined future cyborg - completely incompatible physically.

I dont know of any longtime fans who mistook the scene but I have had at least 3 friends ask me if Cortana and MC were a “thing” after playing Halo 4 which always caught me off guard.

> 2535409531498059;12:
> > 2535426874383005;11:
> > I don’t think Master Chief is physically able to love and he realizes that Cortana isn’t basically a love story. He was close to her, and Cortana (as a perfect AI) could feel something to him, but I think that Master Chief wanted to save Cortana as her “battle mate” and of course because he was taught that protecting Cortana is a priority to UNSC.
> > I would say that Master Chief sees Cortana as a friend
>
> Heresy. They are probably best friends.

Well best friends… not some kind of romantic couple.