Why was Forging by team color scrapped?

It made so much more sense to select “Red” or “Blue” or whatever color you wanted. This whole “Attacker” “Defender” “3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8” thing seems counter-intuitive.

Perfect example: Grifball is set up in Forge with one team being the Attackers and one team being the Defenders. We all know that’s not how it really goes down. So why isn’t it just “Red” and “Blue” for the team assignments? Why isn’t that even an option?

Have you ever forged H3? I believe that attacker and defender and 3, 4, 5… came from H3. I believe red, blue, etc. is Reach specific…

> Have you ever forged H3? I believe that attacker and defender and 3, 4, 5… came from H3. I believe red, blue, etc. is Reach specific…

I know that, but the color coding set up was so much more user friendly.

I like how the teams have a mascot now, plus we have cyan team which is awesome.

> > Have you ever forged H3? I believe that attacker and defender and 3, 4, 5… came from H3. I believe red, blue, etc. is Reach specific…
>
> I know that, but the color coding set up was so much more user friendly.

You are correct. I did not answer your question. I think that they felt that attacker and defender made more sense. Perhaps 343i thought Bungie took a wrong turn. I don’t know why? I think only 343i can tell us that.