Why was bloodgulch hated so much in Reach?

And why do people oppose it’s return in future halo games? It played pretty well in 1 & 2. And I thought it played well in reach, though I mostly played dlc anniversary maps for BTB and left after 343 removed all dlc.

The DMR and high weapon to vehicle damage broke the map.

It only sucks in Reach because the vehicles are made of paper and it is a vehicle map.

I can’t tell you the number of times my team left the vehicles and just focus fired DMRs at enemy vehicles resulting in 5second deaths of said vehicles at tops.

I’m opposed to its return because it is the most overdone map in the history of ever. Seriously, Bloodgulch has a had a full and successful life, but it’s time to lay it aside.

The DMR. That’s it. It broke the map completely. Everyone spawning with mini-Sniper Rifles in a huge, very open map will never, ever work.

-Bad vehicle physics
-A starting weapon that can see cross map
-It wasn’t that great to begin with
-It was a messy mixup of Coagulation and the original Blood Gulch

It was not fun at all in Reach.

> -Bad vehicle physics
> -A starting weapon that can see cross map
> -It wasn’t that great to begin with

I’ve been sick of the gultch for a long time. 10 years is a long time to play a lot of remakes of the same map, that were never all that different from the original.

But it didn’t help that Reach kinda ruined it with the little bumps that sent your warthog into the air, and that if you got hit with a DMR, you turned into Maverick doing barrel rolls. I think that was the nail in the coffin for me and Blood Gultch.

BG in Reach simply just didn’t succeed due to the Anti-evereything DMR.

Why would one simply pick up a fuel rod gun, when he/she has a DMR?

> And why do people oppose it’s return in future halo games? It played pretty well in 1 & 2. And I thought it played well in reach, though I mostly played dlc anniversary maps for BTB and left after 343 removed all dlc.

Because Blood Gulch sucks, it’s overly remade, it’s like having the same old PBJ for every meal, every day, every week, every month, every year for your life.
You could of never had a PBJ, and then after 3 years of this, you’d hate it.

Meh I still like Hem in Reach, it’s nowhere near as good as BG or Coag but its just as you guys say; the gameplay doesn’t work with it.

Little things make it harder or less exciting than previous versions. No Banshees, no sniper ammo, teleporters in wrong positions, no rocket launcher or ammo…

Though having said that… Hem gets picked 9 times out of 10 every time it turns up in BTB. So surely some people like it.

> The DMR and high weapon to vehicle damage broke the map.

couldnt have said it better myself. if they went back to AR starts with DMR pick-ups the map would have been worth it

> > And why do people oppose it’s return in future halo games? It played pretty well in 1 & 2. And I thought it played well in reach, though I mostly played dlc anniversary maps for BTB and left after 343 removed all dlc.
>
> Because Blood Gulch sucks, it’s overly remade, it’s like having the same old PBJ for every meal, every day, every week, every month, every year for your life.
> You could of never had a PBJ, and then after 3 years of this, you’d hate it.

That’s very true, and that’s the reason why for the most part I dislike remakes. Once the novelty of the remake wears off then it’s just the same old map that you played for several years in a previous Halo game.

This is kind of why I’m non-plussed by the Valhalla remake Ragnarok. My instant reaction was “Oh nice it looks identical!” but now my reaction is “Oh dear it looks identical…”. Valhalla was never a great map to begin with and we spent 2 years or so playing it in H3, so its a bit anti-climactic to know that we’ll be playing on a shot-for-shot remake until H5 comes out in a few years time…

> Though having said that… Hem gets picked 9 times out of 10 every time it turns up in BTB. So surely some people like it.

I think that’s because everyone wants to snipe on it. I have seen a lot of people drop/TK/Boot if they don’t get the sniper in the first rush.

It’s always been a vehicle focused map, but had DMR spam and Armor Lock noobs that made people afraid to actually drive vehicles. Combine that with people jetpacking to unfair sniping vantage points who could see the entire map and the teleporters being placed in horribly camp-able spots (they did change the TP exits on Reach), and it just wasn’t as fun. We needed a classic BTB game mode for Blood Gulch with reduced infantry-to-vehicle damage.

It felt as though they took Blood Gulch and stretched it. It takes much longer to cross than it did in Halo 1 and Coagulation in Halo 2.

> It felt as though they took Blood Gulch and stretched it. It takes much longer to cross than it did in Halo 1 and Coagulation in Halo 2.

We just had lower default speed not a bigger map.

Because it sucks that bungie couldn’t even make us a new BTB map. And the population of reach slowly getting worse and worse game play wise, i just cant stand this map. Ever wanted to stick a fork in your eye every time you get a certain map? Hemorrhage is that map for me.

It was horribly tested to begin with, we started off with Scorpion tanks which were deadly in the right hands.

Then we switched to Wraits which were still deadly in the right hands, and once you lost your Sniper rifle or the Plasma Repeater, you would just be spamming your DMR at it until it was gone, rinse and repeat for the whole game.

The DMR wrecked the map.