Why Warzone is Halo 5s Greatest Strength

Halo 5 has been a controverial entry in the franchise at best with many people arguing about things like sprint, spartan abilities, maps, campaign, an the REQ system. In my opinion Halo 5s basic 4v4 modes are the worse we have seen in Halo thus far, big team is OK but nothing great, and campaign is well…nevermind that. I want to say what I think is great about Halo 5 and that is Warzone. While I despise the REQ system (though to 343s credit they have improved it in some ways like awarding daily win packs) I love Warzone as a whole. The idea of fighting AI while fighting other players on a large scale is something I always dreamed of in Halo and now it is here. Granted Warzone has alot of problems ranging from the sometimes pay to win games, (where the whole enemy team has oni wasps and you just have a basic assault rifle) kill farming, (I know this has been reduced by lessening the amount of players that can party up) and a few other minor things but overall i have to say I like Warzone, I like the REQ variants for power weapons, I like how there have been new weapons and vehicles added in, and I love the intense games where the score is almlst tied and both teams ignore each other and just try and kill the last boss…it is chaotic and fun in a good way. Also the recent addition of Warzone Firefight Heroic is amazing, I never liked legendary because I felt like I got spawnkilled too much and I had to use alot of REQs when I didn’t really want to. I think Heroic Firefight is the perfect PVE gamemode for Halo as of now. I hope other people enjoy it too and 343 will put it into the next game unlike what happened to Invasion and Dominion (RIP), and add more stuff to it loke the turrets from dominion to help protect bases (also could be added to regular warzone), a revive system, more vehicles (spceter, falcon, ect), and bigger maps (imagine a scarab boss and pelican REQs!). Comment your opinions below and please be respectful to each other even if you disagree.

Because you can spawn a cool REQ, instantly die, and then go buy another pack?

I love Warzone. It has a very unique appeal: do whatever you want with what you have. Within this you can choose how you want to play from tons of options. I like the idea of bases being guarded by turrets. If they don’t implement the automated turrets from dominion, I wouldn’t mind seeing marines manning chaingun turrets or something. As for more bosses, I would like to see scarabs and kraken on larger maps.

Please separate that into paragraphs. More people will read it if it’s not a wall of text.

> 2533274976607648;2:
> Because you can spawn a cool REQ, instantly die, and then go buy another pack?

If you read my post I adressed that, I said that heroic is good because in heroic that does not happen.

> 2533274978562759;3:
> I love Warzone. It has a very unique appeal: do whatever you want with what you have. Within this you can choose how you want to play from tons of options. I like the idea of bases being guarded by turrets. If they don’t implement the automated turrets from dominion, I wouldn’t mind seeing marines manning chaingun turrets or something. As for more bosses, I would like to see scarabs and kraken on larger maps.

I don’t see how they could implement a kraken and personally I don’t want them to, I never liked them. A scarab and turrets would be nice to see though.

Halo 5 has been a controverial entry in the franchise at best with many people arguing about things like sprint, spartan abilities, maps, campaign, an the REQ system.

In my opinion Halo 5s basic 4v4 modes are the worse we have seen in Halo thus far, big team is OK but nothing great, and campaign is well…nevermind that.

I want to say what I think is great about Halo 5 and that is Warzone. While I despise the REQ system (though to 343s credit they have improved it in some ways like awarding daily win packs) I love Warzone as a whole. The idea of fighting AI while fighting other players on a large scale is something I always dreamed of in Halo and now it is here.

Granted, Warzone has alot of problems ranging from the sometimes pay to win games, (where the whole enemy team has oni wasps and you just have a basic assault rifle) kill farming, (I know this has been reduced by lessening the amount of players that can party up) and a few other minor things but overall i have to say I like Warzone, I like the REQ variants for power weapons, I like how there have been new weapons and vehicles added in, and I love the intense games where the score is almlst tied and both teams ignore each other and just try and kill the last boss…it is chaotic and fun in a good way.

Also, the recent addition of Warzone Firefight Heroic is amazing, I never liked legendary because I felt like I got spawnkilled too much and I had to use alot of REQs when I didn’t really want to.

I think Heroic Firefight is the perfect PVE gamemode for Halo as of now. I hope other people enjoy it too and 343 will put it into the next game unlike what happened to Invasion and Dominion (RIP), and add more stuff to it loke the turrets from dominion to help protect bases (also could be added to regular warzone), a revive system, more vehicles (spceter, falcon, ect), and bigger maps (imagine a scarab boss and pelican REQs!).

Comment your opinions below and please be respectful to each other even if you disagree.

Edited version of the OP. :point_up_2:

:relaxed:

> 2533274870717152;7:
>
> Halo 5 has been a controverial entry in the franchise at best with many people arguing about things like sprint, spartan abilities, maps, campaign, an the REQ system.
>
> In my opinion Halo 5s basic 4v4 modes are the worse we have seen in Halo thus far, big team is OK but nothing great, and campaign is well…nevermind that.
>
> I want to say what I think is great about Halo 5 and that is Warzone. While I despise the REQ system (though to 343s credit they have improved it in some ways like awarding daily win packs) I love Warzone as a whole. The idea of fighting AI while fighting other players on a large scale is something I always dreamed of in Halo and now it is here.
>
> Granted, Warzone has alot of problems ranging from the sometimes pay to win games, (where the whole enemy team has oni wasps and you just have a basic assault rifle) kill farming, (I know this has been reduced by lessening the amount of players that can party up) and a few other minor things but overall i have to say I like Warzone, I like the REQ variants for power weapons, I like how there have been new weapons and vehicles added in, and I love the intense games where the score is almlst tied and both teams ignore each other and just try and kill the last boss…it is chaotic and fun in a good way.
>
> Also, the recent addition of Warzone Firefight Heroic is amazing, I never liked legendary because I felt like I got spawnkilled too much and I had to use alot of REQs when I didn’t really want to.
>
> I think Heroic Firefight is the perfect PVE gamemode for Halo as of now. I hope other people enjoy it too and 343 will put it into the next game unlike what happened to Invasion and Dominion (RIP), and add more stuff to it loke the turrets from dominion to help protect bases (also could be added to regular warzone), a revive system, more vehicles (spceter, falcon, ect), and bigger maps (imagine a scarab boss and pelican REQs!).
>
> Comment your opinions below and please be respectful to each other even if you disagree.
>
>
>

>
> Edited version of the OP. :point_up_2:
>
> :relaxed:

Yeah sorry I didn’t even think to seperate things by paragraph. Will do that for all future posts.

> In my opinion Halo 5s basic 4v4 modes are the worse we have seen in Halo thus far,

I’m going to disagree and give that title to Halo 4.

> 2533274824807326;8:
> > 2533274870717152;7:
> >
> > Halo 5 has been a controverial entry in the franchise at best with many people arguing about things like sprint, spartan abilities, maps, campaign, an the REQ system.
> >
> > In my opinion Halo 5s basic 4v4 modes are the worse we have seen in Halo thus far, big team is OK but nothing great, and campaign is well…nevermind that.
> >
> > I want to say what I think is great about Halo 5 and that is Warzone. While I despise the REQ system (though to 343s credit they have improved it in some ways like awarding daily win packs) I love Warzone as a whole. The idea of fighting AI while fighting other players on a large scale is something I always dreamed of in Halo and now it is here.
> >
> > Granted, Warzone has alot of problems ranging from the sometimes pay to win games, (where the whole enemy team has oni wasps and you just have a basic assault rifle) kill farming, (I know this has been reduced by lessening the amount of players that can party up) and a few other minor things but overall i have to say I like Warzone, I like the REQ variants for power weapons, I like how there have been new weapons and vehicles added in, and I love the intense games where the score is almlst tied and both teams ignore each other and just try and kill the last boss…it is chaotic and fun in a good way.
> >
> > Also, the recent addition of Warzone Firefight Heroic is amazing, I never liked legendary because I felt like I got spawnkilled too much and I had to use alot of REQs when I didn’t really want to.
> >
> > I think Heroic Firefight is the perfect PVE gamemode for Halo as of now. I hope other people enjoy it too and 343 will put it into the next game unlike what happened to Invasion and Dominion (RIP), and add more stuff to it loke the turrets from dominion to help protect bases (also could be added to regular warzone), a revive system, more vehicles (spceter, falcon, ect), and bigger maps (imagine a scarab boss and pelican REQs!).
> >
> > Comment your opinions below and please be respectful to each other even if you disagree.
> >
> >
> >

> >
> > Edited version of the OP. :point_up_2:
> >
> > :relaxed:
>
> Yeah sorry I didn’t even think to seperate things by paragraph. Will do that for all future posts.

OK!

Little tip: You need a new paragraph every time you make a new point. :relaxed:

> 2533274976607648;2:
> Because you can spawn a cool REQ, instantly die, and then go buy another pack?

That only happens if you suck.

> 2533274824807326;1:
> In my opinion Halo 5s basic 4v4 modes are the worse we have seen in Halo thus far

More curious on why you think this. (I think 4 was, then reach, then this though ill keep it at the same level as 3 cause they both have/had huge issues)

As to the warzone parts, ya it has its pluses but the general imbalance of the mode is not that enjoyable, at least for me. They did fix a lot of the issues with general AI difficulty though they still are a side note in the general mode. Its a fun mode every once in a while but its not its greatest asset. That will go to forge, it is easily one of the most in-depth map creators given to a games community (i know there are others) and its has allowed for some great community maps, modes, and now wth the addition of a custom game search (oh praise the lords) an ability to increase the connection between the player base.

In the end warzone is a decent addition, not something completely new in gaming but unique to halo itself. Its not ground breaking however, and is easily overshadowed by the forge and custom games systems.