Why Warzone Firefight Is Awful!

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

Played 5 games of it
It was F****** Atrocious.
The original Firefight was so good because 4 players as a intimate, tight group actively had to work together to help each other out and keep each other alive, to preserve the live pool.
A very deep Scoring encouraged you to stay alive as your spree upped your multipier, multikills earned you multipliers. All the medals that earned a bonus. That was important!
No skulls? What The -Yoink-. 343, do you, have, ANY, understanding of what made great parts of Halo so amazing. The adding of Skulls every round then the set skulls where what made the gameplay stop getting stagnant in a game. The skulls changed how you had to deal with some opponents, it made every round feel a little more challenging.
Not only that, you time each round. The Firefight experience was about the survie as long as you can, the endless waves as long as you can (in Odst, not so much Reach matchmaking). With timed rounds and a finite time limit its about blasting through it as fast as you can to get your req points and thats it.
You’re “Warzone Firefight” feels shoehorned, it doesn’t feel considered, it feel like you made it to shut people up. I personally feel, you should Delay it’s release, play ODST Firefight for a week, and realise why we enjoyed that, and try to emulate that. If you want to tie the Req system to it, fine, I kind of enjoy that part actually, I can use what ever I want instead of pulling out my usual warzone tools. That was ok.
I shouldn’t be getting this feeling from the BETA. I should be feeling hyped for the full thing, and focusing on little bugs, but That isn’t my focus, because you realesed the equivelent a glorified mod for your beta.
You completely missed what made Firefight so popular, congratulations.

Opinions, opinions, opinions…

> 2535471595119823;2:
> Opinions, opinions, opinions…

Those are facts, not opinions. They are presented with my opinions mixed in. It is FACT that a lower player count is easier to coordinate and allow for supporting your teammates

It is a FACT skulls made the gameplay more diverse, intresting and constantly shook up the challenge. And made the combat more challenging without just mindlessly spamming more enemies or bullet sponege enemies in a round.

It is a FACT that A scoring system that relies on multikills and sprees for multipliers inherently makes you want to stay alive and actively as many enemies as possible, and that finite lives also encourages you stay alive.

Rather than address the issues with a mode that declared itself as “Firefight” in anyway, and how it doesnt actually create an experience close to what made Firefight amazing and a deep, Cooperative Halo PvE experience. You would rather tell me “it my opinion” and accept the half -Yoinked!- thing you’ve been given.

Skulls… meh. 343i will turn the grunt birthday party on for you bro. The only way that works for this game is if they randomly select one skull at the time the map is picked. They could easily make ARENA firefight with a small squad. This is WARZONE firefight. Also I feel you should rename this thread “Unicorns cry tears made from Elton John songs”

Are you trolling or actually serious?

so skulls is what made firefight fun? I might possess i different view on on firefight, it was not about surviving as long as possible (which was honestly pretty simple with 4 players) but just to goof around and kill AI. It was never meant to be a hardcore mode, just kind of something to do. Then again Im not a huge firefight fan, wave based modes are a bore, even with the arcade elements reach included. The rounds were basically the same thing every time as well, kill everyone, no real objective no real way to mix things up, now dont get me wrong thats basically what this is as well but at least there is an attempt to make it different every time.

The current form of firefight is not a poorly made one, or really even a bad one, its just different then previous iterations, and not really by much. Do i think a live limit should be added? Sure, I can also see the amount of rounds being extended some just not a lot. Honestly, in older firefights once you got to round 10 the game felt like a chore more then fun. Oh and one more thing there really is no difference between 4 and 6 players (yes i know there is a difference of 2, hush now) but you do still work together to take down some of the mobs and bigger enemies (i see more people riding together in a worthog in this mode then in normal firefight).

Don’t like it? It’s not even the final product. They have plenty of time to tweak it juuuuussst right.

“Remember when I told you to shut your mouth? Consider that a standing order.”
-Buck 2k09

Will never understand why some want the same game just repackaged and resold to them.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> Will never understand why some want the same game just repackaged and resold to them.

Because they would prefer to have the same fun again over having no fun. It’s quite simple to understand

> 2533274846706692;9:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > Will never understand why some want the same game just repackaged and resold to them.
>
>
> Because they would prefer to have the same fun again over having no fun. It’s quite simple to understand

Well why did they stop playing it if it was fun? What is stopping them from playing it now? Let those of us who like new experiences in gaming have our fun.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> Will never understand why some want the same game just repackaged and resold to them.

Nostalgia. People always think things from the past are better than the current situation. How else do you explain how so many people all of a sudden love Reach and think it is by far the greatest Halo game?

I played a few rounds of WZFF yesterday and had a blast. I feel that the timer really adds some urgency on sone rounds. I’m sure some things will get tweaked before the actual release and the mode will be better.

> 2533274816788253;10:
> > 2533274846706692;9:
> > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > Will never understand why some want the same game just repackaged and resold to them.
> >
> >
> > Because they would prefer to have the same fun again over having no fun. It’s quite simple to understand
>
>
> Well why did they stop playing it if it was fun? What is stopping them from playing it now? Let those of us who like new experiences in gaming have our fun.

Have you considered that ODST firefight isn’t available on the Xbox One, and that is a huge factor for people who no longer own 360’s. And people expect a new iteration to be more fun than the last, that’s why they stop playing the old one

I could be wrong, but I don’t recall them promising to make a firefight of the same sort as in ODST. It’s literally no even kind of the same thing. They obviously aren’t trying to make it the same. If you had any expectation that they would, I would say that’s on you. That’s like all those who flipped a lid cuz H3 was different from H2. Like…duh

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

> 2533274846706692;12:
> > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > 2533274846706692;9:
> > > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > > Will never understand why some want the same game just repackaged and resold to them.
> > >
> > >
> > > Because they would prefer to have the same fun again over having no fun. It’s quite simple to understand
> >
> >
> > Well why did they stop playing it if it was fun? What is stopping them from playing it now? Let those of us who like new experiences in gaming have our fun.
>
>
> Have you considered that ODST firefight isn’t available on the Xbox One, and that is a huge factor for people who no longer own 360’s. And people expect a new iteration to be more fun than the last, that’s why they stop playing the old one

THIS

> 2533274912668840;13:
> I could be wrong, but I don’t recall them promising to make a firefight of the same sort as in ODST. It’s literally no even kind of the same thing. They obviously aren’t trying to make it the same. If you had any expectation that they would, I would say that’s on you. That’s like all those who flipped a lid cuz H3 was different from H2. Like…duh

Exactly!!! Tell me again which Halo was like the last one??? Oh yeah EVERY Halo game brought changes to gameplay, mechanics, weapons, and game modes.

It’s called WARZONE firefight for a reason. It’s not traditional firefight.

I like it. 9/10 in my opinion

I love when people expect a finished product from a beta.

> 2535410901623492;14:
> > 2533274846706692;12:
> > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > > 2533274846706692;9:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;8:
> > > > > Will never understand why some want the same game just repackaged and resold to them.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Because they would prefer to have the same fun again over having no fun. It’s quite simple to understand
> > >
> > >
> > > Well why did they stop playing it if it was fun? What is stopping them from playing it now? Let those of us who like new experiences in gaming have our fun.
> >
> >
> > Have you considered that ODST firefight isn’t available on the Xbox One, and that is a huge factor for people who no longer own 360’s. And people expect a new iteration to be more fun than the last, that’s why they stop playing the old one
>
>
> THIS

Well that is their fault for getting rid of their Xbox 360.

> 2533274912668840;13:
> I could be wrong, but I don’t recall them promising to make a firefight of the same sort as in ODST. It’s literally no even kind of the same thing. They obviously aren’t trying to make it the same. If you had any expectation that they would, I would say that’s on you. That’s like all those who flipped a lid cuz H3 was different from H2. Like…duh

The name firefight comes with some general expectations from the fan base, and when the things that are expected aren’t there, it isn’t a proper version of firefight or what made it fun. I for one like playing Warzone firefight, it is a nice change from killing enemy Spartans, but it’s just nothing compared to previous iterations in my opinion.