Why vote for Countdown?!

I cant belive this is the most voted map i have ever seen in any lobby… And worst of all, i hate it → HATE it-.-

No cool weapons, just shotgun and sword… and alot of camping noobs around every corner. Ofc i win the games, but after that, countdown have 5 out of 8 votes in the lobby again and we start… on the same lame map.

Im not a quitter, so i play it till i win, but srsy… Do you guys like it?

If so (I guess you do) why? What is the fun in camping with CC weapons:/ ?

I think you would perhaps benefit from joining a clan.

Clans tend to vote in force and more often than not get what they are after.

If you are interested please sign up on-

www.xfactor-gaming.com

> I cant belive this is the most voted map i have ever seen in any lobby… And worst of all, i hate it → HATE it-.-
>
> No cool weapons, just shotgun and sword… and alot of camping noobs around every corner. Ofc i win the games, but after that, countdown have 5 out of 8 votes in the lobby again and we start… on the same lame map.
>
> Im not a quitter, so i play it till i win, but srsy… Do you guys like it?
>
> If so (I guess you do) why? What is the fun in camping with CC weapons:/ ?

i hate it
i hate
i

Believe it or not, you and your 90,000+ clones aren’t the only ones that play Halo: Reach.

I personally think it is a great map, but that’s just my opinion :wink:

I like it because its symmetrical, but the close quarters power weapons do take out the fun.

And to be fair EVERYONE camps. Thiose that say they don’t are LIARS

If you grab a sniper rifle on a map and go to the designated sniper points you are camping. If you are running around killing but then wait for the contact you just saw on your radar to come around the corner then you are camping.

And for those who say it’s not strategic I say what is not strategic about holding a strategic location?

> I like it because its symmetrical, but the close quarters power weapons do take out the fun.

Indeed :confused:

> And to be fair EVERYONE camps. Thiose that say they don’t are LIARS
>
> If you grab a sniper rifle on a map and go to the designated sniper points you are camping. If you are running around killing but then wait for the contact you just saw on your radar to come around the corner then you are camping.
>
> And for those who say it’s not strategic I say what is not strategic about holding a strategic location?

You have right, i camp… but when i talking about campers, im talking about the ones that is on one spot half the game (around that little dark corner) with the sword. I cant camp for that long, i need to go around to see if i can find some fights :stuck_out_tongue:

LoL. Too many people try to be the sniper IMO. I am a close quarters soldier. Shotgun, Sword and hammer are my thing secondary is heavy weapons so…

> LoL. Too many people try to be the sniper IMO. I am a close quarters soldier. Shotgun, Sword and hammer are my thing secondary is heavy weapons so…

Hehe, i go for the weapon im closer to :stuck_out_tongue: If that is the shotgun i ofc take it, but the sniper is my fav weapon :wink:

In Rumble Pit im on 1# place with sniper kills on HTR.com… with that in mind, im on 2# place with the sword… so i use that alot too :slight_smile:

I play alot with my Clan mates and we know each others strengths and weakness’ so we just call the weapon we are going for and get as many power weapons as possible and own people.

> I play alot with my Clan mates and we know each others strengths and weakness’ so we just call the weapon we are going for and get as many power weapons as possible and own people.

If you have all the Power Weapons on the map, the other team is doomed to lose :slight_smile:

That’s tha plan lol. But even in that case of the enemy are skilled enough then they can still win.

> That’s tha plan lol. But even in that case of the enemy are skilled enough then they can still win.

true, but they need to be good then :wink:

Because it’s better than Sword Base.

> Because it’s better than Sword Base.

A Sword Base is fine too.

> > Because it’s better than Sword Base.
>
> A Sword Base is fine too.

Meh. I prefer Countdown and between those two choices will always vote Countdown.

> > > Because it’s better than Sword Base.
> >
> > A Sword Base is fine too.
>
> Meh. I prefer Countdown and between those two choices will always vote Countdown.

Then Forge up Sword Base.

> And to be fair EVERYONE camps. Thiose that say they don’t are LIARS
>
> If you grab a sniper rifle on a map and go to the designated sniper points you are camping. <mark>If you are running around killing but then wait for the contact you just saw on your radar to come around the corner</mark> then you are camping.
>
> And for those who say it’s not strategic I say what is not strategic about holding a strategic location?

You and I have different views on camping. If someone is crouching in a corner somewhere waiting for people to run by, they are camping. If they are running around the map and encountering people in different areas of the map, they are not camping. I highlighted a section that is not camping at all, but posting up and ambushing. Please be aware of the difference. I do not camp, and I am not a liar.

Keep in mind, however, that I will also not give up the break room on Swordbase while I have the lead. But in the process of doing so, I’m checking all the entrances and working with my team to focus on where the pushes are coming from. That’s known as map control, also not camping.

OT: Countdown is a nearly symmetrical map that offers no one team a distinct advantage over the other based on spawn location. It forces teams to rely on their individual skill and teamwork to control weapons and the map more than an asymmetrical map. That’s why I vote for it.

Countdown and Uncaged are about the only good maps in Reach IMO.

> > > > Because it’s better than Sword Base.
> > >
> > > A Sword Base is fine too.
> >
> > Meh. I prefer Countdown and between those two choices will always vote Countdown.
>
> Then Forge up Sword Base.

…Why? It’s just personal preference on my part. It’s not like I’ll rage quit if SB comes up but I simply prefer Countdown.