Why use the BR now?

DMR, has exactly the same damage output as it now, but also has 15 shots on it, which means you’ll be able to kill up to 3 people with it with the BR you can’t, is more accurate, being single shot means it can’t have any spread, which means its able to kill people across the map.

So is there any GOOD reason to use the BR now?

[deleted]

> ROF and recoil.

DMR has higher ROF.

BR is supposedly better at closer range but I don’t know how yet…

Faster RoF in mid range combat which is essentially like 75% of all combat situations in Halo.

BR is the better option at mid-range. It’s more likely someone shooting a BR will hit all 3 bullets than someone w/ a DMR not missing one b/c of bloom. However, if you’re skilled w/ the DMR and can hit all your shots you’ll likely win w/ a DMR over a BR at mid-range.

Skilled players will likely go DMR full time while less skilled players will go BR during small-med sized maps.

There is no logical reason to use the BR now, which is a sad ending for what was such an amazing gun.

[deleted]

> There is no logical reason to use the BR now, which is a sad ending for what was such an amazing gun.

How so? The BR will be so much better to use at mid range.

The BR is the BR. simple logic.

Halo Reach -Yoink- detected

Im glad that they put both in the game, it was something i have wanted sense i heard about reach. now im not forced to use the DMR which i could never get the hang of fully,Not a bad weapon by any means, i just prefer a three shot burst over a single shot.

> > There is no logical reason to use the BR now, which is a sad ending for what was such an amazing gun.
>
> How so? The BR will be so much better to use at mid range.

Firstly, nice name Mr Disappoint.

Secondly, The DMR and Carbine have faster kill times, higher ROF and can kill the same or more people with 1 clip.

Thirdly: When it comes to mid range I can’t see any evidence that the BR is better than the DMR or Carbine

Unfortunately it looks like the BR has become the worst of the 3 guns so it really needs to be buffed.

Well we haven’t seen much gameplay of the DMR yet. The two guns probably work completely different at different ranges.

Solution: Make the BR 4-shot and decrease RoF a tiny bit.

> BR is supposedly better at closer range but I don’t know how yet…

I’m not worried about it because we still have 11 other weapons we haven’t even seen yet.

> DMR, has exactly the same damage output as it now, but also has 15 shots on it, which means you’ll be able to kill up to 3 people with it with the BR you can’t, is more accurate, being single shot means it can’t have any spread, which means its able to kill people across the map.
>
> So is there any GOOD reason to use the BR now?

Yes

Yes, there is a reason.

But for now, how about you try to remember that this was still an early build. Things, including weapons, are still being tuned.

well it must still be useful since in almost every multiplayer gameplay vid that’s been released everyone usually uses the BR over DMR