Why toggle is a great thing

As of now probably half of the maps 343i have made have incorporated sprint and the other abilities. That is near guaranteed at this point. There really isn’t much we can do to get those maps re-tuned to satisfy bare bones gameplay, but you can at least be guaranteed a much more robust custom games mode.

With the more complex forge system hopefully being made by 343i and the high amount of custom gametypes and toggle features there will plenty of new gametypes to come be created.

I feel that Halo 5 will likely make up for its flaws with the custom and campaign modes that they are working on. The community creators have much more to work with compared to Halo 3 and 4 back on the 360. Forge and customs on Halo: MCC and Halo 5 in my opinion will offer a huge amount of content over time, and I thought I would point that out to the community.

Don’t most of you see the positive outcomes from all of these changes?

As to how 343i can improve and encourage community creations well I made an old post a while back listing ideas. here

Yes it’s mostly positive however the toggle should be for turning sprint on instead of off. Catch my drift there?

All the maps are all designed around sprint an on top of that we might get 1 no sprint playlist (if were lucky) Telling us to go play Custom Games isn’t going to change the fact all the maps are huge, we shouldn’t have to forge non-sprint maps to enjoy the game.

DcIhNaGv3z wrote:

"There needs to be a matchmaking playlist dedicated to community made content, along with a streamlined means for promoting user content to said playlist. Ideally, there would be a means of reviewing/ranking user content, so that good content is promoted to the top of the matchmaking probability, and bad content make less frequent. Maybe even a robust user feedback system, so individuals can provide feedback on what and why something is wrong with their map/gametype.

I think this would really breath a lot of life into the game, and with an active community, there would be an endless supply of new maps.
I think forge is a great idea, but without support from the matchamking system, 90% of user content goes unused, unseen, unappreciated. What is the point of spending countless hours building your “perfect” map if no one ever sees it?

Forge is an untapped gold mine. I hope H5 taps it."

They’re good changes but they don’t really make the game worth buying.

Perhaps if forge mode is absolutely amazing…but I’m skeptical.

> 2535460843083983;4:
> DcIhNaGv3z wrote:
>
> “There needs to be a matchmaking playlist dedicated to community made content, along with a streamlined means for promoting user content to said playlist. Ideally, there would be a means of reviewing/ranking user content, so that good content is promoted to the top of the matchmaking probability, and bad content make less frequent. Maybe even a robust user feedback system, so individuals can provide feedback on what and why something is wrong with their map/gametype.
>
> I think this would really breath a lot of life into the game, and with an active community, there would be an endless supply of new maps.
> I think forge is a great idea, but without support from the matchamking system, 90% of user content goes unused, unseen, unappreciated. What is the point of spending countless hours building your “perfect” map if no one ever sees it?
>
> Forge is an untapped gold mine. I hope H5 taps it.”

I made a post a while back asking 343i to use their Halo Channel and heavily incorporate community maps and gametypes into it. The Halo Channel allows you to vote on it and Halo MCC can link to the Halo Channel so the ability is there. Halo 5 could really be dynamic if the Halo Channel was able to influence it more through community input and if most of the input was done through the Halo Channel then 343i could easily tally it and use it for future Halo projects and playlist updates.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/35592e0955d54b8aa9be62cd7300d0f5/topics/use-this-app-effectively-343i/ae15b21b-0bbc-469a-8d05-8be7d76d04e3/postsThis is the link to my previous post on the Halo Channel before it released.

> 2533274819302824;5:
> They’re good changes but they don’t really make the game worth buying.
>
> Perhaps if forge mode is absolutely amazing…but I’m skeptical.

Have fun with the mcc

> 2533274819302824;5:
> They’re good changes but they don’t really make the game worth buying.
>
> Perhaps if forge mode is absolutely amazing…but I’m skeptical.

customs and forge, but after seeing how poorly Halo 4 managed that I’m not holding my breath.

> 2533274809464609;3:
> All the maps are all designed around sprint an on top of that we might get 1 no sprint playlist (if were lucky) Telling us to go play Custom Games isn’t going to change the fact all the maps are huge, we shouldn’t have to forge non-sprint maps to enjoy the game.

You should if the game comes with sprint and you don’t like sprint. They want sprint in their game so it’s going to have it. At least they are trying to balance or change it as much as possible while keeping it in there.

And you won’t have to do anything the comunity will go off like they always do and created a ton of great maps.

Toggle seems great at first, but to a game that is focusing on eSports, toggle can be very bad. Now that there’s a sprint toggle, it’s a fear of the great divide. New players to Halo jumping into vanilla Halo 5 using sprint and all the other abilities, then if HCS doesn’t use sprint… HCS will be hard for players to get into because of it being different from vanilla. The ultimate decision 343 has to make is… will HCS use sprint or not? I say they should. Besides, we have yet to see the final iteration of sprint.

> 2533274794648158;10:
> Toggle seems great at first, but to a game that is focusing on eSports, toggle can be very bad. Now that there’s a sprint toggle, it’s a fear of the great divide. New players to Halo jumping into vanilla Halo 5 using sprint and all the other abilities, then if HCS doesn’t use sprint… HCS will be hard for players to get into because of it being different from vanilla. The ultimate decision 343 has to make is… will HCS use sprint or not? I say they should. Besides, we have yet to see the final iteration of sprint.

Competitive gaming and sprint going together is an oximoron.