Why this game will be worse than H4

Because as it stands in all betas, usually things don’t change very much. The reality is that while there’s a huge amount of time left until H5, it will not be spent on anything more than DLC or refinements. If you want to argue that this isn’t the truth go pick up Business 101 for Dummies and figure out why what I said is true.

The game will be 90% or more of what we are seeing in the beta. That is scary. It’s a game I don’t want to play. It’s a game that will lose population, and have virtually no competitive scene. It will be like Halo 4 : A colossal disaster.

Do you know why? Halo got its reputation off competitive gameplay, and granted it still will have fans who simply buy it for campaign and casual matchmaking like BTB and for custom games and forging, that type of population it’s the staying market. The people who stay on a game after 3 months are competitive players. Any competitive player, if you’ve actually played on a competitive level, will probably tell you this game needs things taken out and things added in for favorability to other games.

As it stands I’m Semi-Pro (which doesn’t mean much because in my opinion the ranking system doesn’t reflect individual skill), and because I’m semi pro I get paired up with other semi-pros usually. The gameplay isn’t competitive even at the semi-pro level. I can probably imagine the Pros will have even worse gameplay. Currently almost every match is riddled with people who will be shot 3 times and thrust to cover. Never does any killing happen unless you’re outnumbered. In a 1 on 1 situation though thrust is a giant crutch and you’ll never be killed no matter how good someone’s shot is as long as you hover near cover and can thrust to it when you’re weak. This happens in all my fights and it’s not competitive. Sprint also helps with the problem, but isn’t the problem itself because I find sprint to be balanced. Thruster is basically the nail in the coffin. This game will never be competitive and thruster holds it back completely. Another major competitive problem I find is that “Gandhi” hopping is impossible with most layouts because the ground pound button is on the crouch button. Another major competitive problem is that all the power weapons have been nerfed severely. Sniper rifle has 0 aim assist and a much higher time between shots. The Hydra is so bad of a power weapon I can’t put it into question for what is supposed to be a heat-seeking rocket launcher, and the Prophets Bane and energy sword are useless when someone can thrust backwards and shoot at the same time, as well the lunge distance is only melee distance.

There’s tons of things this game does to try and lower the skill gap. Making terrible power weapons, giving enemy callouts as a new vocal radar, telling people when power weapons come, making the Automatic weapons balanced with the Precision weapons (which is a terrible decision), and the list literally can go on for a very long time.

This game will never be competitive until all of this is changed.
That won’t happen because Betas are 90% of the final game and to think the game will take such extreme changes in its final development stage is absurd.
The community that stays on games are competitive players. They won’t stay just like they didn’t stay for Halo 4.
The game’s population will drop, again. Just like it did with Halo 4, and just like it did with MCC because of MM issues.
I predict this will be the last big Halo, and the final nail in the coffin. There may be more Halos, but no one will play them. Half of the population from Halo 4 will be here to buy Halo 5. Even less people will stay on this game.

lol

If only 343i would revert back to arena settings, with equal starts and emphasis on map control, controlling power weapons, and team coordination.

Oh. That’s exactly what happened.

If a ton of stuff won’t be changed before release… in my eyes, that’s a good thing.

Lol, i’ll grab my popcorn and watch this thread go…

OK man, thats great, bu this beta is 10x the game 4 was. so… k.

> 2533274907934539;3:
> If only 343i would revert back to arena settings, with equal starts and emphasis on map control, controlling power weapons, and team coordination.
>
> Oh. That’s exactly what happened.
>
> If a ton of stuff won’t be changed before release… in my eyes, that’s a good thing.

exactly… this.they got what they asked for. but they don’t like it. maybe if they have such a good idea of what people want they should go out, start a studio with their like minded stuck in the past people and make a game of their own that is a carbon copy of halo 2 or 3’s mechanics with upscale graphics. and if, IF, it knocks the ball out the park on sales and if, IF, it’s population stays around for a year or more, then they have earn’t themselves the right to say they know whats best. but they won’t/can’t. i give up putting forth arguments for and against each mechanic, because which ever side i try defend the other always reverts to either the “change happens adapt or go play the game you want this game to be because it hasn’t gone anywhere” or the “you just aren’t a real fan and must be bad at the game” ignorant -Yoink- that both sides come out with i hall simply tell the people who want halo 3 ver2 to go make halo 3 ver2 and see if it works. and the most amusing part is -Yoink!- would probably help them with their drive to support indie studios…

so, start a studio, go to -Yoink!-, get on their indie developer list and make halo 3 ver2. LET US ALL SEE HOW WELL YOU DO!

to be honest some stuff is right, but alot of it oh so wrong, if they named this something other than halo id buy it, but guess what it says halo, and guess what this isnt halo at all.

Sprint still ruins the game ( i really shouldn’t have to explain this, halo is a run and gun game, halo 4 and 5 and even reach where a sprint everywhere and then stop and shoot game)

Smartscope makes aiming harder and more irritating ( i really dont see how people dont get this, in every other halo you can see whats below your reticle making awareness easy, but nope now you can look at your SHINY GUN isnt it so COOOOOOOOOOOOL)

Skill jumps are just gone completely now

the art style is strange and none of the weapons are recognizable as halo anymore

Even if nothing changes the game will still be better than Halo 4 ever was.

> 2533274800913490;7:
> to be honest some stuff is right, but alot of it oh so wrong, if they named this something other than halo id buy it, but guess what it says halo, and guess what this isnt halo at all.
>
> Sprint still ruins the game ( i really shouldn’t have to explain this, halo is a run and gun game, halo 4 and 5 and even reach where a sprint everywhere and then stop and shoot game)
>
> Smartscope makes aiming harder and more irritating ( i really dont see how people dont get this, in every other halo you can see whats below your reticle making awareness easy, but nope now you can look at your SHINY GUN isnt it so COOOOOOOOOOOOL)
>
> Skill jumps are just gone completely now
>
> the art style is strange and none of the weapons are recognizable as halo anymore

This is very Halo. It feels alot like Halo 3, with evolved mechanics. Its as Halo as it gets.

Sprint doesnt ruin the game at all and is perfectly balanced, seriously, get over the sprint thing, sprinters dont recharge shields, land an easy head shot on them, cut them off, make a call out to your team theres a sprinter with no shield. Done.

Smartscope actually works alot better than i expected, i was dreading it at first, but from the beta it feels natural and doesnt feel out of place
skill jumps are not gone, they’re still there, theyre just there in a different form.

> 2533274874708699;1:
> Because as it stands in all betas, usually things don’t change very much. The reality is that while there’s a huge amount of time left until H5, it will not be spent on anything more than DLC or refinements. If you want to argue that this isn’t the truth go pick up Business 101 for Dummies and figure out why what I said is true.
>
> The game will be 90% or more of what we are seeing in the beta. That is scary. It’s a game I don’t want to play. It’s a game that will lose population, and have virtually no competitive scene. It will be like Halo 4 : A colossal disaster.
>
> Do you know why? Halo got its reputation off competitive gameplay, and granted it still will have fans who simply buy it for campaign and casual matchmaking like BTB and for custom games and forging, that type of population it’s the staying market. The people who stay on a game after 3 months are competitive players. Any competitive player, if you’ve actually played on a competitive level, will probably tell you this game needs things taken out and things added in for favorability to other games.
>
> As it stands I’m Semi-Pro (which doesn’t mean much because in my opinion the ranking system doesn’t reflect individual skill), and because I’m semi pro I get paired up with other semi-pros usually. The gameplay isn’t competitive even at the semi-pro level. I can probably imagine the Pros will have even worse gameplay. Currently almost every match is riddled with people who will be shot 3 times and thrust to cover. Never does any killing happen unless you’re outnumbered. In a 1 on 1 situation though thrust is a giant crutch and you’ll never be killed no matter how good someone’s shot is as long as you hover near cover and can thrust to it when you’re weak. This happens in all my fights and it’s not competitive. Sprint also helps with the problem, but isn’t the problem itself because I find sprint to be balanced. Thruster is basically the nail in the coffin. This game will never be competitive and thruster holds it back completely. Another major competitive problem I find is that “Gandhi” hopping is impossible with most layouts because the ground pound button is on the crouch button. Another major competitive problem is that all the power weapons have been nerfed severely. Sniper rifle has 0 aim assist and a much higher time between shots. The Hydra is so bad of a power weapon I can’t put it into question for what is supposed to be a heat-seeking rocket launcher, and the Prophets Bane and energy sword are useless when someone can thrust backwards and shoot at the same time, as well the lunge distance is only melee distance.
>
> There’s tons of things this game does to try and lower the skill gap. Making terrible power weapons, giving enemy callouts as a new vocal radar, telling people when power weapons come, making the Automatic weapons balanced with the Precision weapons (which is a terrible decision), and the list literally can go on for a very long time.
>
> This game will never be competitive until all of this is changed.
> That won’t happen because Betas are 90% of the final game and to think the game will take such extreme changes in its final development stage is absurd.
> The community that stays on games are competitive players. They won’t stay just like they didn’t stay for Halo 4.
> The game’s population will drop, again. Just like it did with Halo 4, and just like it did with MCC because of MM issues.
> I predict this will be the last big Halo, and the final nail in the coffin. There may be more Halos, but no one will play them. Half of the population from Halo 4 will be here to buy Halo 5. Even less people will stay on this game.

Lol, you may actually be right about that first bit. That’s just the way it’s gonna go with anything microsoft is involved with, pretty sure they have some secret dlc quotas for their AAA game developers. Campaign looks promising though, may save the franchise this time because it will be bigger and better than any of the previous ones.

> 2533274874708699;1:
> Because as it stands in all betas, usually things don’t change very much. The reality is that while there’s a huge amount of time left until H5, it will not be spent on anything more than DLC or refinements. If you want to argue that this isn’t the truth go pick up Business 101 for Dummies and figure out why what I said is true.
>
> The game will be 90% or more of what we are seeing in the beta. That is scary. It’s a game I don’t want to play. It’s a game that will lose population, and have virtually no competitive scene. It will be like Halo 4 : A colossal disaster.
>
> Do you know why? Halo got its reputation off competitive gameplay, and granted it still will have fans who simply buy it for campaign and casual matchmaking like BTB and for custom games and forging, that type of population it’s the staying market. The people who stay on a game after 3 months are competitive players. Any competitive player, if you’ve actually played on a competitive level, will probably tell you this game needs things taken out and things added in for favorability to other games.
>
> As it stands I’m Semi-Pro (which doesn’t mean much because in my opinion the ranking system doesn’t reflect individual skill), and because I’m semi pro I get paired up with other semi-pros usually. The gameplay isn’t competitive even at the semi-pro level. I can probably imagine the Pros will have even worse gameplay. Currently almost every match is riddled with people who will be shot 3 times and thrust to cover. Never does any killing happen unless you’re outnumbered. In a 1 on 1 situation though thrust is a giant crutch and you’ll never be killed no matter how good someone’s shot is as long as you hover near cover and can thrust to it when you’re weak. This happens in all my fights and it’s not competitive. Sprint also helps with the problem, but isn’t the problem itself because I find sprint to be balanced. Thruster is basically the nail in the coffin. This game will never be competitive and thruster holds it back completely. Another major competitive problem I find is that “Gandhi” hopping is impossible with most layouts because the ground pound button is on the crouch button. Another major competitive problem is that all the power weapons have been nerfed severely. Sniper rifle has 0 aim assist and a much higher time between shots. The Hydra is so bad of a power weapon I can’t put it into question for what is supposed to be a heat-seeking rocket launcher, and the Prophets Bane and energy sword are useless when someone can thrust backwards and shoot at the same time, as well the lunge distance is only melee distance.
>
> There’s tons of things this game does to try and lower the skill gap. Making terrible power weapons, giving enemy callouts as a new vocal radar, telling people when power weapons come, making the Automatic weapons balanced with the Precision weapons (which is a terrible decision), and the list literally can go on for a very long time.
>
> This game will never be competitive until all of this is changed.
> That won’t happen because Betas are 90% of the final game and to think the game will take such extreme changes in its final development stage is absurd.
> The community that stays on games are competitive players. They won’t stay just like they didn’t stay for Halo 4.
> The game’s population will drop, again. Just like it did with Halo 4, and just like it did with MCC because of MM issues.
> I predict this will be the last big Halo, and the final nail in the coffin. There may be more Halos, but no one will play them. Half of the population from Halo 4 will be here to buy Halo 5. Even less people will stay on this game.

It shocks me how many people need their hands held while playing. If you can’t take someone 1v1 then you are just a plain bad player. Why would you want the sniper to have more aim assist? Its an extremely powerful weapon in the right hands. You are asking for them to make it even more powerful. The prophets bane is also crazy powerful. I have lost count of the amount of triple kills I have earned with it. I’m sorry but you really need to rethink your tactics because you are playing the game wrong.

> 2602973356072471;9:
> > 2533274800913490;7:
> > to be honest some stuff is right, but alot of it oh so wrong, if they named this something other than halo id buy it, but guess what it says halo, and guess what this isnt halo at all.
> >
> > Sprint still ruins the game ( i really shouldn’t have to explain this, halo is a run and gun game, halo 4 and 5 and even reach where a sprint everywhere and then stop and shoot game)
> >
> > Smartscope makes aiming harder and more irritating ( i really dont see how people dont get this, in every other halo you can see whats below your reticle making awareness easy, but nope now you can look at your SHINY GUN isnt it so COOOOOOOOOOOOL)
> >
> > Skill jumps are just gone completely now
> >
> > the art style is strange and none of the weapons are recognizable as halo anymore
>
>
> This is very Halo. It feels alot like Halo 3, with evolved mechanics. Its as Halo as it gets.
>
> Sprint doesnt ruin the game at all and is perfectly balanced, seriously, get over the sprint thing, sprinters dont recharge shields, land an easy head shot on them, cut them off, make a call out to your team theres a sprinter with no shield. Done.
>
> Smartscope actually works alot better than i expected, i was dreading it at first, but from the beta it feels natural and doesnt feel out of place
> skill jumps are not gone, they’re still there, theyre just there in a different form.

oh i got over it, by deciding not to buy halo 5 and before you say i suck at halo 5, im perfectly good at it, positive KD and i hit onyx rank in 1 day of playing. And you know what im not exactly sure whats wrong with it but it doesnt hold my attention at all. The halo 3 beta i couldn’t put down, played it every day nonstop till the beta ended, same with halo reach beta, but halo 5 beta, so far ive played it maybe 2 days, i come back whenever there is an update and play for a tiny bit before popping in either call of duty AW, or halo mcc

Just here for the lol

this beta is good for only one reason. Seeing if it plays well and if you’d like to own it. People who liked halo 4 will want halo 5 and some people may think this game has all the old style of halo like map control which was really only existent in halo ce. Halo 2 is more like weapon control hence why Br starts got popular as one team could just hold a position on the map and never drop a decent weapon causing it to respawn on the map.

Halo has been fun as it always left the player with choices, travel map by teleporters, man cannons, vehicles ect. Use power ups to take a slight advantage.

halo 5 seems to limit choices on the map to sprint here and there, clamber here and never stop moving due to wide never ending spaces…kind of gets boring quick if choices are limited.

People can can agree or disagree with this game but it all comes down to will or will you not support this game. I only want to continue the story as multiplayer from this beta got boring and more frustrating the more I play it. I’m liking halo ce on tmcc. The main reason is knowing what to expect. When you play someone the pistol will work the same land 3 good shots and that target is dead or land five shot and they are dead. Br in the beta as it stands is pot luck blast half the clip they target may still be moving and do exactly the same next go and you land 4 burst kill.

Halo 5 will be exactly like all new titles sell well have a massive 1st month then drop. how fast of a drop depends on how entertaining the game can be. For now only having one or two weapon on the map worth fighting for will get old, not to mention you are indicated to it, you don’t get decisions and choices basically run around with what you spawn with and maybe get time to use a power weapon. All and all this game is all about making money in initial sales that’s it.

its so sad people cant let go of the past.

Halo 5 is pretty frikken great right now. My only complaint is the Breakout mode need a bit of polish. But I guess thats why this beta is happening.

I honestly think you just hate it because its not EXACTLY like Halo 2. Which sounds like a personal problem.

I look forward to playing this regularly once it ships.

> 2533274950604834;11:
> > 2533274874708699;1:
> > Because as it stands in all betas, usually things don’t change very much. The reality is that while there’s a huge amount of time left until H5, it will not be spent on anything more than DLC or refinements. If you want to argue that this isn’t the truth go pick up Business 101 for Dummies and figure out why what I said is true.
> >
> > The game will be 90% or more of what we are seeing in the beta. That is scary. It’s a game I don’t want to play. It’s a game that will lose population, and have virtually no competitive scene. It will be like Halo 4 : A colossal disaster.
> >
> > Do you know why? Halo got its reputation off competitive gameplay, and granted it still will have fans who simply buy it for campaign and casual matchmaking like BTB and for custom games and forging, that type of population it’s the staying market. The people who stay on a game after 3 months are competitive players. Any competitive player, if you’ve actually played on a competitive level, will probably tell you this game needs things taken out and things added in for favorability to other games.
> >
> > As it stands I’m Semi-Pro (which doesn’t mean much because in my opinion the ranking system doesn’t reflect individual skill), and because I’m semi pro I get paired up with other semi-pros usually. The gameplay isn’t competitive even at the semi-pro level. I can probably imagine the Pros will have even worse gameplay. Currently almost every match is riddled with people who will be shot 3 times and thrust to cover. Never does any killing happen unless you’re outnumbered. In a 1 on 1 situation though thrust is a giant crutch and you’ll never be killed no matter how good someone’s shot is as long as you hover near cover and can thrust to it when you’re weak. This happens in all my fights and it’s not competitive. Sprint also helps with the problem, but isn’t the problem itself because I find sprint to be balanced. Thruster is basically the nail in the coffin. This game will never be competitive and thruster holds it back completely. Another major competitive problem I find is that “Gandhi” hopping is impossible with most layouts because the ground pound button is on the crouch button. Another major competitive problem is that all the power weapons have been nerfed severely. Sniper rifle has 0 aim assist and a much higher time between shots. The Hydra is so bad of a power weapon I can’t put it into question for what is supposed to be a heat-seeking rocket launcher, and the Prophets Bane and energy sword are useless when someone can thrust backwards and shoot at the same time, as well the lunge distance is only melee distance.
> >
> > There’s tons of things this game does to try and lower the skill gap. Making terrible power weapons, giving enemy callouts as a new vocal radar, telling people when power weapons come, making the Automatic weapons balanced with the Precision weapons (which is a terrible decision), and the list literally can go on for a very long time.
> >
> > This game will never be competitive until all of this is changed.
> > That won’t happen because Betas are 90% of the final game and to think the game will take such extreme changes in its final development stage is absurd.
> > The community that stays on games are competitive players. They won’t stay just like they didn’t stay for Halo 4.
> > The game’s population will drop, again. Just like it did with Halo 4, and just like it did with MCC because of MM issues.
> > I predict this will be the last big Halo, and the final nail in the coffin. There may be more Halos, but no one will play them. Half of the population from Halo 4 will be here to buy Halo 5. Even less people will stay on this game.
>
>
> It shocks me how many people need their hands held while playing. If you can’t take someone 1v1 then you are just a plain bad player. Why would you want the sniper to have more aim assist? Its an extremely powerful weapon in the right hands. You are asking for them to make it even more powerful. The prophets bane is also crazy powerful. I have lost count of the amount of triple kills I have earned with it. I’m sorry but you really need to rethink your tactics because you are playing the game wrong.

You infer incorrectly. I’m not a bad player. Semi-Pro with a 2.0 KDR.
I’m pointing out that 1v1s take forever. I don’t say I can’t handle them. I say that the style of gameplay is not competitive and usually requires 2 people to kill someone because of the get-away tools given.
I also don’t say that I am unable to get kills with sniper/prophets, I say that they’ve nerfed all power weapons to lower the skill gap.

I dislike people like you who try and find a deeper meaning past what I say explicitly. Inferring I’m a bad player, or that I’m not good so that’s my motive of complaining. It’s not.

> 2533274831446536;15:
> its so sad people cant let go of the past.
>
> Halo 5 is pretty frikken great right now. My only complaint is the Breakout mode need a bit of polish. But I guess thats why this beta is happening.
>
> I honestly think you just hate it because its not EXACTLY like Halo 2. Which sounds like a personal problem.
>
> I look forward to playing this regularly once it ships.

tell the counter strike community to let go of the past, because it sure seems that even the developers cant and they managed to get a 300k population count that stays steady. and if they added “modern” fps features the community would promptly leave and play the older games. You can innovate without changing what made halo halo. Its ridiculous and im not having any of it. And infact yes ill hold on to the past, because the future has shown me that modern gaming is all about making as much money as possible while releasing broken software. So yea ill go back to the -Yoinking!- past

> 2533274907934539;3:
> If only 343i would revert back to arena settings, with equal starts and emphasis on map control, controlling power weapons, and team coordination.
>
> Oh. That’s exactly what happened.
>
> If a ton of stuff won’t be changed before release… in my eyes, that’s a good thing.

Don’t refute his arguments or anything…

> 2533274800913490;17:
> > 2533274831446536;15:
> > its so sad people cant let go of the past.
> >
> > Halo 5 is pretty frikken great right now. My only complaint is the Breakout mode need a bit of polish. But I guess thats why this beta is happening.
> >
> > I honestly think you just hate it because its not EXACTLY like Halo 2. Which sounds like a personal problem.
> >
> > I look forward to playing this regularly once it ships.
>
>
> tell the counter strike community to let go of the past, because it sure seems that even the developers cant and they managed to get a 300k population count that stays steady. and if they added “modern” fps features the community would promptly leave and play the older games. You can innovate without changing what made halo halo. Its ridiculous and im not having any of it. And infact yes ill hold on to the past, because the future has shown me that modern gaming is all about making as much money as possible while releasing broken software. So yea ill go back to the -Yoinking!- past

Yeah, its true, the Counter Strike community is very unique in that it can keep that going.

But did you ever notice that Halo’s popularity was dwindling around Halo 3? Well, it was. Halo is a great franchise, but it cant keep Halo 2 levels of success by repeating the same formula over and over. Bungie and Microsoft both realized it and made the decision to change it to keep it fresh, but more importantly, relevant.

Clearly, if Halo’s old formula was so perfect, where were you guys when the popularity was dipping? Why didnt you guys keep it from changing?

You know why? Because it needs to evolve. And it is.

I guess you can stick with Halo MCC and live in the past.

> 2533274831446536;19:
> > 2533274800913490;17:
> > > 2533274831446536;15:
> > > its so sad people cant let go of the past.
> > >
> > > Halo 5 is pretty frikken great right now. My only complaint is the Breakout mode need a bit of polish. But I guess thats why this beta is happening.
> > >
> > > I honestly think you just hate it because its not EXACTLY like Halo 2. Which sounds like a personal problem.
> > >
> > > I look forward to playing this regularly once it ships.
> >
> >
> >
> > tell the counter strike community to let go of the past, because it sure seems that even the developers cant and they managed to get a 300k population count that stays steady. and if they added “modern” fps features the community would promptly leave and play the older games. You can innovate without changing what made halo halo. Its ridiculous and im not having any of it. And infact yes ill hold on to the past, because the future has shown me that modern gaming is all about making as much money as possible while releasing broken software. So yea ill go back to the -Yoinking!- past
>
>
> Yeah, its true, the Counter Strike community is very unique in that it can keep that going.
>
> But did you ever notice that Halo’s popularity was dwindling around Halo 3? Well, it was. Halo is a great franchise, but it cant keep Halo 2 levels of success by repeating the same formula over and over. Bungie and Microsoft both realized it and made the decision to change it to keep it fresh, but more importantly, relevant.
>
> Clearly, if Halo’s old formula was so perfect, where were you guys when the popularity was dipping? Why didnt you guys keep it from changing?
>
> You know why? Because it needs to evolve. And it is.
>
> I guess you can stick with Halo MCC and live in the past.

halo 3 had a population count of 300k after 2 years, and was still going strong after cod 4 released . It doesn’t need to have a bajillion people playing it, the whole world doesnt want to play halo and that is fine, but 300k is nothing to scoff at and call a dwindling popularity. the biggest drop halo 3 had was the transfer to halo reach, and even reach had 900k still playing after a year. have you seen the utter drop halo 4 had, its down right embarrassing and i see halo 5 going the same way at this point.