Why this game is more disapointing than Reach

Because there is such an amazing game underneath all the overlapping small issues that it could potentially be the best Halo game of all time.

“A diamond covered in crap” is the best way to describe this game. It is still better than Reach because reach was just a “polished turd” at the end of its lifetime.

I think there are too many casuals fighting to make this game solely for themselves. Us competitive players just want ranked and social. Casuals seem to want all the playlists for themselves and so we are left with nothing.

I don’t know if 343 will fix even half the issues in this game. I’ve already accepted that Halo has ditched its hardcore fanbase for the CoD players.

Maybe a miracle will happen and there will be two different types of playlists for two different types of players one day.

If I had to describe this game in two words, it would be “so close…”

> I think there are too many casuals fighting to make this game solely for themselves. Us competitive players just want ranked and social. Casuals seem to want all the playlists for themselves and so we are left with nothing.

We’re playing the game that shipped, Halo 4. Casual, competitive, these terms mean nothing. Either you like the game or you don’t.

> > I think there are too many casuals fighting to make this game solely for themselves. Us competitive players just want ranked and social. Casuals seem to want all the playlists for themselves and so we are left with nothing.
>
> We’re playing the game that shipped, Halo 4. Casual, competitive, these terms mean nothing. Either you like the game or you don’t.

Agreed. There is no label for players anymore. You run around and shoot at people in hope of them dying before you do, and then in turn you getting as much xp as you possibly can. There is no competitive or casual. You just play the game. If you don’t like the way it is running right now, then you don’t like it.

> > > I think there are too many casuals fighting to make this game solely for themselves. Us competitive players just want ranked and social. Casuals seem to want all the playlists for themselves and so we are left with nothing.
> >
> > We’re playing the game that shipped, Halo 4. Casual, competitive, these terms mean nothing. Either you like the game or you don’t.
>
> Agreed. There is no label for players anymore. You run around and shoot at people in hope of them dying before you do, and then in turn you getting as much xp as you possibly can. There is no competitive or casual. You just play the game. If you don’t like the way it is running right now, then you don’t like it.

That IS casual. That’s like the basic definition of casual gameplay, which is exactly the only type of gameplay this game delivers on well.

Slayer pro is the most comptetive thing right now.

I went 38-8 in that playlist. I cant do that well in the other playlists because of the randomness and abundance of power weapons.

I think labels are often misconstrued but can be used in circumstances. Many players feel like the addition of ordnance drops and power weapons (Think: Binary Rifle) have casualized Halo, and they have a strong argument. It’s definitely a far-cry from the days of Halo 1 on Blood Gulch.

There’s a lot fair points against Halo 4, and I feel that many people “complaining” are not entirely wrong. There are some significant issues, some of which are personal preference, and some are annoying.

I.E: Generating Light (Forge) is just dumb. Bad decision.

The addition of ordnance is a more preferential thing. It’s kind of cool, but does feel very Call of Duty-escque at heart.

> > > I think there are too many casuals fighting to make this game solely for themselves. Us competitive players just want ranked and social. Casuals seem to want all the playlists for themselves and so we are left with nothing.
> >
> > We’re playing the game that shipped, Halo 4. Casual, competitive, these terms mean nothing. Either you like the game or you don’t.
>
> Agreed. There is no label for players anymore. You run around and shoot at people in hope of them dying before you do, and then in turn you getting as much xp as you possibly can. There is no competitive or casual. You just play the game. If you don’t like the way it is running right now, then you don’t like it.

No, you are both completely and utterly wrong. And I’m guessing you are both casual players as well.

Look at yourselves. You are denying ranked and social playlists because you want all for yourselves. You are, by definition, greedy. There is a big portion of this community that would love competitive gametypes with weapons on map, respawn time, less random factors, etc.

If you want casual gametypes with ordinance drops, instant respawns, and boltshot off spawn, just stick with social.

Why can’t we get at least a few playlists that have more competitive settings that the competitive community wants and appreciates.

You don’t see me trying to disband all social gametypes. I want regicide and infinity slayer to stay. People enjoy them so they should stay. People also enjoy classic slayer and objective where weapons spawn on the map, respawn time is 10 seconds, and you spawn with the same loudouts.

Evolution of a game is adding in new and cool features, not removing features that people cherished.

This game would be best with a variety of playlists that pleases the two different types of gamers: casuals and competitives. Those who want less serious gameplay (like you two), stick with social. Those who want a more competitive and skillful game, stick with ranked.

Why not? Why must one side win and the other lose? Why can’t we both be winners?

> Slayer pro is the most comptetive thing right now.
>
> I went 38-8 in that playlist. I cant do that well in the other playlists because of the randomness and abundance of power weapons.

Slayer Pro is just a stripped version of infinity slayer. There are still random weapon spawns and the maps still lack substance.

I think Slayer Pro should be replaced with Classic Slayer. Either AR or BR starts, resupply is default, weapons spawn on map in set intervals, and there is no ordinance.

Just simply changing those three options would probably increase its playlist population 10 fold.

its really funny when we say oh lets be fair and have both playlist for competetive and casual players and all the casual players run in here defending it like competitive is so bad… i’m sick of playing cod. i want to play halo 4 not black ops 4.

I don’t believe that most sane people would agree that Halo 4 is worst than Reach. This thread equals FAIL!!!

> I don’t believe that most sane people would agree that Halo 4 is worst than Reach. This thread equals FAIL!!!

I never said it was worse. It is just more disappointing.

I could tell Reach was bad in the beta. Halo 4 looked so good, even when I played it earlier this summer. I didn’t expect there to be such terrible gameplay mechanics and removal of features.

Someone watched the Halo Council Thanksgiving Roast…

The game has no focus. That’s the problem. It’s inconsistent, it has missing parts and it has broken bits.

> Someone watched the Halo Council Thanksgiving Roast…

I sure did and I agree with every point.

The game is good. I definitely wouldn’t give it less than an 8/10. But the multiplayer could be so much better with just several small changes.

The #1 thing 343 can do right this second is recognize the split in the community. There are two types of players: the casuals who play the game for fun and don’t care for the competitive spirit, and the hardcore competitive players, who loved the sportsy feel that Halo 2 and 3 had.

Neither side has to be dominant. Just split the playlists into Ranked and Social, give the casuals what they want in social and give the competitive players what they want in ranked.

Then, everybody is happy, nobody is mad, more people buy DLC, more people are hyped for Halo 5, 343 makes more money.

Problem solved.

stop complaining like a little girl and play the damn game halo four will always be the best halo game just play it!!!

stop complaining like a little girl and play the damn game halo four will always be the best halo game just play it!!!

little girl dont complain play it you probably suck at it

halo four is great dont complain

My main two complaints:

-Chief sucks. I’ve always wondered what it’d be like if he were played as in Reach. Halo 4 answered that question

-MP balancing is in campaign as well. Disappearing guns, sidearms, vehicle boarding, taking forever to get out of a vehicle, shield stun time/shield recharge wait time (which is obviously implemented to make MP more noob friendly)

I would actually say Reach was a “Diamond in the Rough”. It was an excellent game, but because some people couldn’t be bothered to play something different and fought for a TU to make the game Halo 3 then give up on it before even giving it some love.

I found Halo 4 underwhelming. Feels like there was constant conflict between people who wanted to make Halo 4 the exact same game all over again, and people who wanted to make a new Halo game.