Why this amount of hate for Halo 5?

How can you be disappointed with such a great game? The game may not be finished but when is any game on this new generation? You can’t expect everything to be there at launch. The game is so much fun to actually play. I feel like the challenge this game has provided is amazing, and I am quite unsure of the amount of deadlines everyone is talking about? I am a Halo Vet and have been playing since the tail end of Halo 2, these deadzones just don’t fit for me. I can move my stick oh so slightly and i’ll have a problem. I mean this game is just fun, are you upset because it’s something new? Do you really not enjoy the game? Why not? What is there not to love? The game feels exactly the same as Reach did and Reach was one of the better Halo games. Is it because you are afraid to try something new? I swear guys give the game a month and you’ll be saying that was really judgmental of me to say I hated this game.

The reason there is so much “hate” is because everybody who love the game are playing it and the few people who whine come on here to express their opinions hoping to find like minded people. As it always has been.

> 2533274850045020;1:
> The game may not be finished but when is any game on this new generation? ]

That’s not a good thing even if it is a common practice in the industry. Makes me a bit sad that the last full, complete game I bought was Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

And evil Cortana is -Yoinking!- stupid.

> 2533274812652989;3:
> > 2533274850045020;1:
> > The game may not be finished but when is any game on this new generation? ]
>
>
> That’s not a good thing even if it is a common practice in the industry. Makes me a bit sad that the last full, complete game I bought was Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
>
>
> And evil Cortana is -Yoinking!- stupid.

How was it stupid? She was rampant at the end of Halo 4 and now in her crazed mind wants to “save the universe” in the only way she can see. I originally was apposed to having Cortana in Halo 5 (before it came out obviously) but the way they did it was pretty perfect.

> 2533275007895929;4:
> > 2533274812652989;3:
> > > 2533274850045020;1:
> > > The game may not be finished but when is any game on this new generation? ]
> >
> >
> > That’s not a good thing even if it is a common practice in the industry. Makes me a bit sad that the last full, complete game I bought was Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
> >
> >
> > And evil Cortana is -Yoinking!- stupid.
>
>
> How was it stupid? She was rampant at the end of Halo 4 and now in her crazed mind wants to “save the universe” in the only way she can see. I originally was apposed to having Cortana in Halo 5 (before it came out obviously) but the way they did it was pretty perfect.

Except that she was not rampant by Halo 4’s end as shown by her interaction with Chief. She went out on her own terms by helping stop the Didact and save Chief with what little life she still had, a much better fate than most AIs get. Yet Halo 5 says the Didact’s ship went into slipspace, which is never shown in Halo 4, and she found the Domain and cured her rampancy. Yet we can see that is a lie and now she is just some obsessive villain holding a gun to the head of the galaxy ready to use Forerunner death machines to force everybody to do as she says. If that is the best way Cortana can see to save the galaxy then that is pretty pathetic. One would also think that with her access to Forerunner history she would see that ruling the galaxy in an iron fist dooms her to failure since that is partly why they failed as a civilization to stop the Flood. Nope.

At least the much larger majority enjoy the game rather than just complain about every little detail of it.

> 2533274812652989;5:
> > 2533275007895929;4:
> > > 2533274812652989;3:
> > > > 2533274850045020;1:
> > > > The game may not be finished but when is any game on this new generation? ]
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s not a good thing even if it is a common practice in the industry. Makes me a bit sad that the last full, complete game I bought was Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
> > >
> > >
> > > And evil Cortana is -Yoinking!- stupid.
> >
> >
> > How was it stupid? She was rampant at the end of Halo 4 and now in her crazed mind wants to “save the universe” in the only way she can see. I originally was apposed to having Cortana in Halo 5 (before it came out obviously) but the way they did it was pretty perfect.
>
>
> Except that she was not rampant by Halo 4’s end as shown by her interaction with Chief. She went out on her own terms by helping stop the Didact and save Chief with what little life she still had, a much better fate than most AIs get. Yet Halo 5 says the Didact’s ship went into slipspace, which is never shown in Halo 4, and she found the Domain and cured her rampancy. Yet we can see that is a lie and now she is just some obsessive villain holding a gun to the head of the galaxy ready to use Forerunner death machines to force everybody to do as she says. If that is the best way Cortana can see to save the galaxy then that is pretty pathetic. One would also think that with her access to Forerunner history she would see that ruling the galaxy in an iron fist dooms her to failure since that is partly why they failed as a civilization to stop the Flood. Nope.

To be honest we never see what happens to the Composer other than bits of it floating in space. And Rampancy as she explains is an A.I. thinking herself to death, so curing it would just be, in a way, stopping her from overthinking everything. Which is possible for her to “get stuck on the wrong thought” leaving her somewhat insane. And I wouldn’t say she’s a villain, more that she is currently misguided which is the same believe Chief had during the campaign seeing as how he tries (and fails) to talk her out of it. And ruling the galaxy with an iron fist didn’t really badly effect Forerunners, the flood is what brought down their empire not the way they chose to hold the Mantle of responsibility and rule the known universe.

I personally love this new installment! I would just say we are experiencing a Darwinism effect. Everything will be fine in a month

> 2533275007895929;7:
> > 2533274812652989;5:
> > > 2533275007895929;4:
> > > > 2533274812652989;3:
> > > > > 2533274850045020;1:
> > > > > The game may not be finished but when is any game on this new generation? ]
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That’s not a good thing even if it is a common practice in the industry. Makes me a bit sad that the last full, complete game I bought was Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > And evil Cortana is -Yoinking!- stupid.
> > >
> > >
> > > How was it stupid? She was rampant at the end of Halo 4 and now in her crazed mind wants to “save the universe” in the only way she can see. I originally was apposed to having Cortana in Halo 5 (before it came out obviously) but the way they did it was pretty perfect.
> >
> >
> > Except that she was not rampant by Halo 4’s end as shown by her interaction with Chief. She went out on her own terms by helping stop the Didact and save Chief with what little life she still had, a much better fate than most AIs get. Yet Halo 5 says the Didact’s ship went into slipspace, which is never shown in Halo 4, and she found the Domain and cured her rampancy. Yet we can see that is a lie and now she is just some obsessive villain holding a gun to the head of the galaxy ready to use Forerunner death machines to force everybody to do as she says. If that is the best way Cortana can see to save the galaxy then that is pretty pathetic. One would also think that with her access to Forerunner history she would see that ruling the galaxy in an iron fist dooms her to failure since that is partly why they failed as a civilization to stop the Flood. Nope.
>
>
> To be honest we never see what happens to the Composer other than bits of it floating in space. And Rampancy as she explains is an A.I. thinking herself to death, so curing it would just be, in a way, stopping her from overthinking everything. Which is possible for her to “get stuck on the wrong thought” leaving her somewhat insane. And I wouldn’t say she’s a villain, more that she is currently misguided which is the same believe Chief had during the campaign seeing as how he tries (and fails) to talk her out of it. And ruling the galaxy with an iron fist didn’t really badly effect Forerunners, the flood is what brought down their empire not the way they chose to hold the Mantle of responsibility and rule the known universe.

We see the nuke go off in the Mantle’s Approach. The only place we ever see debris of the ship go is to Installation 03 via slipspace in the Escalation comics. So some debris goes there, some evidently made it to Genesis. Course we never see this in Halo 4 or Halo 5, so it just comes off as confusing. Cortana also claims her rampancy was cured with the Domain, so I can’t see her still being rampant at face value. It is obvious that something is wrong, but just what is wrong is again not made clear. The way the Forerunners held the Mantle is what helped bring them down. They stifled the development of other species and made them easy prey for the Flood since they could not defend themselves. That only became worse when the Forerunners had to abandon systems.

Halo 3 Terminal #2

L: The Mantle. You still hold to that [fairy tale] after all that has happened? After this thing has consumed a million worlds?
Can’t you see? Belief in the Mantle sealed our doom! Weakened our [protectorates], bred dependence and sloth. Our [so-called Guardianship] has stripped those we would keep safe of any capacity for self-defense!
Were we such noble [Guardians] when we drew our line and abandoned billions to the parasite?

> 2533275007895929;2:
> The reason there is so much “hate” is because everybody who love the game are playing it and the few people who whine come on here to express their opinions hoping to find like minded people. As it always has been.

Agreed

> 2533274812652989;9:
> > 2533275007895929;7:
> > > 2533274812652989;5:
> > > > 2533275007895929;4:
> > > > > 2533274812652989;3:
> > > > > > 2533274850045020;1:
> > > > > > The game may not be finished but when is any game on this new generation? ]
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > That’s not a good thing even if it is a common practice in the industry. Makes me a bit sad that the last full, complete game I bought was Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > And evil Cortana is -Yoinking!- stupid.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > How was it stupid? She was rampant at the end of Halo 4 and now in her crazed mind wants to “save the universe” in the only way she can see. I originally was apposed to having Cortana in Halo 5 (before it came out obviously) but the way they did it was pretty perfect.
> > >
> > >
> > > Except that she was not rampant by Halo 4’s end as shown by her interaction with Chief. She went out on her own terms by helping stop the Didact and save Chief with what little life she still had, a much better fate than most AIs get. Yet Halo 5 says the Didact’s ship went into slipspace, which is never shown in Halo 4, and she found the Domain and cured her rampancy. Yet we can see that is a lie and now she is just some obsessive villain holding a gun to the head of the galaxy ready to use Forerunner death machines to force everybody to do as she says. If that is the best way Cortana can see to save the galaxy then that is pretty pathetic. One would also think that with her access to Forerunner history she would see that ruling the galaxy in an iron fist dooms her to failure since that is partly why they failed as a civilization to stop the Flood. Nope.
> >
> >
> > To be honest we never see what happens to the Composer other than bits of it floating in space. And Rampancy as she explains is an A.I. thinking herself to death, so curing it would just be, in a way, stopping her from overthinking everything. Which is possible for her to “get stuck on the wrong thought” leaving her somewhat insane. And I wouldn’t say she’s a villain, more that she is currently misguided which is the same believe Chief had during the campaign seeing as how he tries (and fails) to talk her out of it. And ruling the galaxy with an iron fist didn’t really badly effect Forerunners, the flood is what brought down their empire not the way they chose to hold the Mantle of responsibility and rule the known universe.
>
>
>
>
>
> We see the nuke go off in the Mantle’s Approach. The only place we ever see debris of the ship go is to Installation 03 via slipspace in the Escalation comics. So some debris goes there, some evidently made it to Genesis. Course we never see this in Halo 4 or Halo 5, so it just comes off as confusing. Cortana also claims her rampancy was cured with the Domain, so I can’t see her still being rampant at face value. It is obvious that something is wrong, but just what is wrong is again not made clear. The way the Forerunners held the Mantle is what helped bring them down. They stifled the development of other species and made them easy prey for the Flood since they could not defend themselves. That only became worse when the Forerunners had to abandon systems.
>
> Halo 3 Terminal #2
>
> L: The Mantle. You still hold to that [fairy tale] after all that has happened? After this thing has consumed a million worlds?
> Can’t you see? Belief in the Mantle sealed our doom! Weakened our [protectorates], bred dependence and sloth. Our [so-called Guardianship] has stripped those we would keep safe of any capacity for self-defense!
> Were we such noble [Guardians] when we drew our line and abandoned billions to the parasite?
>
>

Again, just because the Domain stopped her from “thinking herself to death” doesn’t mean it got her back into the proper state of mind. And I would say it’s more their unwillingness to listen or to figure things out as we are shown in a video terminal in Halo 4. Where the Humans are glassing planets to keep the flood from spreading. The Forerunners just made the assumption of war.

> 2533275007895929;11:
> > 2533274812652989;9:
> > > 2533275007895929;7:
> > > > 2533274812652989;5:
> > > > > 2533275007895929;4:
> > > > > > 2533274812652989;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274850045020;1:
> > > > > > > The game may not be finished but when is any game on this new generation? ]
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That’s not a good thing even if it is a common practice in the industry. Makes me a bit sad that the last full, complete game I bought was Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > And evil Cortana is -Yoinking!- stupid.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > How was it stupid? She was rampant at the end of Halo 4 and now in her crazed mind wants to “save the universe” in the only way she can see. I originally was apposed to having Cortana in Halo 5 (before it came out obviously) but the way they did it was pretty perfect.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Except that she was not rampant by Halo 4’s end as shown by her interaction with Chief. She went out on her own terms by helping stop the Didact and save Chief with what little life she still had, a much better fate than most AIs get. Yet Halo 5 says the Didact’s ship went into slipspace, which is never shown in Halo 4, and she found the Domain and cured her rampancy. Yet we can see that is a lie and now she is just some obsessive villain holding a gun to the head of the galaxy ready to use Forerunner death machines to force everybody to do as she says. If that is the best way Cortana can see to save the galaxy then that is pretty pathetic. One would also think that with her access to Forerunner history she would see that ruling the galaxy in an iron fist dooms her to failure since that is partly why they failed as a civilization to stop the Flood. Nope.
> > >
> > >
> > > To be honest we never see what happens to the Composer other than bits of it floating in space. And Rampancy as she explains is an A.I. thinking herself to death, so curing it would just be, in a way, stopping her from overthinking everything. Which is possible for her to “get stuck on the wrong thought” leaving her somewhat insane. And I wouldn’t say she’s a villain, more that she is currently misguided which is the same believe Chief had during the campaign seeing as how he tries (and fails) to talk her out of it. And ruling the galaxy with an iron fist didn’t really badly effect Forerunners, the flood is what brought down their empire not the way they chose to hold the Mantle of responsibility and rule the known universe.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > We see the nuke go off in the Mantle’s Approach. The only place we ever see debris of the ship go is to Installation 03 via slipspace in the Escalation comics. So some debris goes there, some evidently made it to Genesis. Course we never see this in Halo 4 or Halo 5, so it just comes off as confusing. Cortana also claims her rampancy was cured with the Domain, so I can’t see her still being rampant at face value. It is obvious that something is wrong, but just what is wrong is again not made clear. The way the Forerunners held the Mantle is what helped bring them down. They stifled the development of other species and made them easy prey for the Flood since they could not defend themselves. That only became worse when the Forerunners had to abandon systems.
> >
> > Halo 3 Terminal #2
> >
> > L: The Mantle. You still hold to that [fairy tale] after all that has happened? After this thing has consumed a million worlds?
> > Can’t you see? Belief in the Mantle sealed our doom! Weakened our [protectorates], bred dependence and sloth. Our [so-called Guardianship] has stripped those we would keep safe of any capacity for self-defense!
> > Were we such noble [Guardians] when we drew our line and abandoned billions to the parasite?
> >
> >

>
>
> Again, just because the Domain stopped her from “thinking herself to death” doesn’t mean it got her back into the proper state of mind. And I would say it’s more their unwillingness to listen or to figure things out as we are shown in a video terminal in Halo 4. Where the Humans are glassing planets to keep the flood from spreading. The Forerunners just made the assumption of war.

And humanity was responsible for the initial outbreak of the Flood because they put mysterious powder they found in crashed spaceships on their pets which morphed into an infection that spread throughout their society. Sure, they stepped in attempted to contain the Flood, but only after not saying anything to the Forerunners until their last world fell. Of course, the Forerunners control of the galaxy was still iron-fisted well before their war with humanity and continued on just the same after their war. Cortana should have realized that especially since her Guardians were used to put down “troublesome” systems in the first place. She is literally using one of the tools the Forerunners used to control the galaxy.

> 2533275007895929;2:
> The reason there is so much “hate” is because everybody who love the game are playing it and the few people who whine come on here to express their opinions hoping to find like minded people. As it always has been.

ooooh! That’s a bingo! Is that hope you say it?

I find the game fun. Do i think some things could have been done better? Yes. I would have loved more squad mechanics in the style of Republic Commando. Do i wish they wouldn’t have gone in this direction with the plot? Yes. ‘Evil AI’ trope has been done multiple times in the last 10 years (Heck, switch Locke with Commander Palmer and i could have sworn this was a first-person Mass Effect game. My first thought when i saw a Guardian was ‘reapers gonna reap’ :stuck_out_tongue: ) and as its implemented here it sullies the memory of a much loved character and ‘Battlestar Infinity’ is just not something i particulary want to see. But the quality of the writing? No complaints there.
In the end, i will be playing this game for a long time hunting those -Yoink!- intel pieces and having fun in the Warzone (more when they fix the aim acceleration).

Guys, if you could bring your problems over to my other post I believe it would help create a lot of awareness to be seen.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/what-are-all-the-real-issues-with-halo-5/87000a9b-e0a2-40c4-8844-2f2336ea4c59/posts