Why there is no Jun Campaign DLC(SPOILER)

If you havent read Dr. Halseys journal you should know that there is a spoiler coming.

Ive heard from people and friends say why cant they give us a campaign DLC for jun. What happens to him? its really dumb that they would leave jun out of the rest of the game. Heres the deal though. If you bought the limited and legendary edition of Halo Reach you received Dr. Halseys journal. In this journal she writes everything from the spartan programs early begginings to the end of Halo Reach(SPOILER COMING). In the journal she writes that Jun dies defending Dr. Halsey. It has more details but this is the reason there is no jun DLC and some of us that have read the journal know what happened to jun.

However i could be wrong. I havent read the halo books but Bungie has stated that their games do not follow the books canon so at least i know the answer cant be found in the halo books. But i could have misinterpited her journal. Kindly let me know if i did.

If anything, Halo Reach shouldn’t be canon…
Nowhere in the journal it talks about Jun’s death.

The Journal ends with Noble team arriving.

Jun can be in a campaign DLC to show him dieing to protect Halsey. Sadly, no one really cared for Jun and it probably won’t be made, his fate is sealed in the books…

besides, the only person the fans truly care about is John-117.

I would also like to know what Buck’s mission was and what Romeo and Dutch were doing on reach.

> If anything, Halo Reach shouldn’t be canon…
> Nowhere in the journal it talks about Jun’s death.

No kidding.
Almost everything in reach counters everything that Bungie set in stone since the beginning.

> > If anything, Halo Reach shouldn’t be canon…
> > Nowhere in the journal it talks about Jun’s death.
>
> No kidding.
> Almost everything in reach counters everything that Bungie set in stone since the beginning.

Again Bungie has stated and always has stated their games dont follow the Books Cannon. 343i are the ones making the books and animes and such not bungie. Well i coulda swore i read her talking about the new spartans she saw(spartan 3’s) she thought they were just a few armour upgrades from her spartan 2’s. so im sure the journal doesnt end with noble team getting to reach.

Yeah, I don’t remember it saying anything about Jun dying. Dr. Halsey, however, does like to keep Spartans around for some reason. Maybe she is collecting them for future preservation purposes. They most likely will be explained in future articles.

> The Journal ends with Noble team arriving.
>
> Jun can be in a campaign DLC to show him dieing to protect Halsey. Sadly, no one really cared for Jun and it probably won’t be made, his fate is sealed in the books…
>
> besides, the only person the fans truly care about is John-117.
>
> I would also like to know what Buck’s mission was and what Romeo and Dutch were doing on reach.

Highly agree, I’m positive the fought along side at least some Spartans. :slight_smile:

There is nothing about Jun in the journal. Dr Halsey stopped writting when Noble Team arrived to her lab, below Sword Base. We don’t know what Jun became.

> > If anything, Halo Reach shouldn’t be canon…
> > Nowhere in the journal it talks about Jun’s death.
>
> No kidding.
> Almost everything in reach counters everything that Bungie set in stone since the beginning.

Indeed.

Also, I have the journal and OP is very, very, very not right.

Bungie did claim that in this game they worked very hard to make sure everything synced with previously established canon… they lied. Somewhere, Eric Nylund is still crying in his bathtub.

Sadly. The game, journal, etc. does not give the tale of Jun’s death. The book however, The Fall of Reach. Does. Long story short… go read the damn book. I’m not spoiling it for people. The fact for the thread: there cannot be any Jun DLC. He does indeed die.

> Bungie did claim that in this game they worked very hard to make sure everything synced with previously established canon… they lied. Somewhere, Eric Nylund is still crying in his bathtub.

The irony being that Nylund wrote the journal and I believe had a hand in Reach’s game story creation.

(I know he made the journal, but correct me if I’m wrong about the game stuff).

Nowhere in the journal does it say that Jun died defending Halsey. In fact the journal ends just before Jun and the rest of Noble meet Halsey and collect Cortana’s fragment, at a time whne he was clearly still alive. How could anyone think that the Spartan in question is him. The Spartan the OP is referring to is actually Sheila, a Spartan II who died defending Halsey from Thel Lodamee in 2544 at the Battle of Miridem. Halsey was captured and this is the direct lead-up to the Legends episode “The Package”.

> Nowhere in the journal does it say that Jun died defending Halsey. In fact the journal ends just before Jun and the rest of Noble meet Halsey and collect Cortana’s fragment, at a time whne he was clearly still alive. How could anyone think that the Spartan in question is him. The Spartan the OP is referring to is actually Sheila, a Spartan II who died defending Halsey from Thel Lodamee in 2544 at the Battle of Miridem. Halsey was captured and this is the direct lead-up to the Legends episode “The Package”.

For the sake of a bunch of people asking, “Who you talking to?” Specify the name of the person your referring to, unless its everyone, at which time, I declare a troll alert and never touch the thread again…

> > Nowhere in the journal does it say that Jun died defending Halsey. In fact the journal ends just before Jun and the rest of Noble meet Halsey and collect Cortana’s fragment, at a time whne he was clearly still alive. How could anyone think that the Spartan in question is him. The Spartan the OP is referring to is actually Sheila, a Spartan II who died defending Halsey from Thel Lodamee in 2544 at the Battle of Miridem. Halsey was captured and this is the direct lead-up to the Legends episode “The Package”.
>
> For the sake of a bunch of people asking, “Who you talking to?” Specify the name of the person your referring to, unless its everyone, at which time, I declare a troll alert and never touch the thread again…

What? I was posting a response to the OPs misinformation, it’s for anyone who doesn’t already know and took the time to read the thread. That doesn’t make me a troll, in fact it’s quite the opposite.

I don’t realy think his disappearance affects anything.
1)If he did die would Halsey care it didn’t look like she like Noble Team (Minus Jorge) and also she never wanted someone to help her anyway.
2)If he did go off would Halsey again care.

And plus its a long time from “August 29, 2552 26:16” to “August 30, 2552 08:10” assuming the book’s stays to reach length of day 27 hours.
August 29, 2552 26:16 being the start of Halo Reach’s the package level (note that time may be a little of due to that halsey leaves you at the end of the mission)
August 30, 2552 08:10 being the start of Halo First Strike’s Chapter 13.
Meaning a total of 8 hours and 54 minutes Jun could have done something.

Note that if we get told that the Books goes by Earths length of day and not Reachs one. Then events may start to get harder to understand. And days may not be right.

> Nowhere in the journal does it say that Jun died defending Halsey. In fact the journal ends just before Jun and the rest of Noble meet Halsey and collect Cortana’s fragment, at a time whne he was clearly still alive. How could anyone think that the Spartan in question is him. The Spartan the OP is referring to is actually Sheila, a Spartan II who died defending Halsey from Thel Lodamee in 2544 at the Battle of Miridem. Halsey was captured and this is the direct lead-up to the Legends episode “The Package”.

Thanks for clearing that up, and obviously i did think of that seeing as i have never read any of the halo books.

> Bungie did claim that in this game they worked very hard to make sure everything synced with previously established canon… they lied. Somewhere, Eric Nylund is still crying in his bathtub.

Eric Nylund helped with the story, he’s in the credits. I know you guys here this so many times but, there must have been a compromise. In my opinion I don’t think Halo: Reach’s story should be totally scraped, it could just be altered a bit to have the game and the books reach integrity. Some things in Reach can be justified like POA on the drydock but, some things have to be altered to make sense.

maby hell make an appearence or reference to him in halo 4 :smiley:

> If anything, Halo Reach shouldn’t be canon…
> Nowhere in the journal it talks about Jun’s death.

Pretty much.

People actually cared about the storyline? It was terrible, I didn’t care at all about Noble team. It’s a good thing Halo jumped from Bungie to 343i, it started going down hill after 3 story wise.