Why the rocket launcher?

Why is it in team slayer games (and other games) where there are no vehicles at all? cause then its basically point and shoot free kills. I dont see why people are allowed to have free kills that require NO WORK what so ever.

> Why is it in team slayer games (and other games) where there are no vehicles at all? cause then its basically point and shoot free kills. I dont see why people are allowed to have free kills that require NO WORK what so ever.

The “Opening Rush” followed by subsequent “Map Control” is part of the way Halo is played. Rockets are an incentive used to promote map movement. Rockets are one shot kill because they are a reward for Map Control.

Please ask questions if you don’t understand.

> > Why is it in team slayer games (and other games) where there are no vehicles at all? cause then its basically point and shoot free kills. I dont see why people are allowed to have free kills that require NO WORK what so ever.
>
> The “Opening Rush” followed by subsequent “Map Control” is part of the way Halo is played. Rockets are an incentive used to promote map movement. Rockets are one shot kill because they are a reward for Map Control.
>
> Please ask questions if you don’t understand.

no its basically just free kills for anyone that gets it. giving them a lead advantage that they didnt earn. and keeping the other team from doing anything to try and catch back up.

i dont -Yoinking!- care about map control. that is not how halo is suppose to be played. your saying that the game is all about who can make the other not able to do anything the fastest and that they are rewarded with even more BS weapons because of it making it impossible for the other team to have any chance at a comeback or turnaround.

> > > Why is it in team slayer games (and other games) where there are no vehicles at all? cause then its basically point and shoot free kills. I dont see why people are allowed to have free kills that require NO WORK what so ever.
> >
> > The “Opening Rush” followed by subsequent “Map Control” is part of the way Halo is played. Rockets are an incentive used to promote map movement. Rockets are one shot kill because they are a reward for Map Control.
> >
> > Please ask questions if you don’t understand.
>
> no its basically just free kills for anyone that gets it. giving them a lead advantage that they didnt earn. and keeping the other team from doing anything to try and catch back up.
>
> i dont -Yoinking!- care about map control. that is not how halo is suppose to be played. your saying that the game is all about who can make the other not able to do anything the fastest and that they are rewarded with even more BS weapons because of it making it impossible for the other team to have any chance at a comeback or turnaround.

I don’t care about ignorance either but, as you do, I put up with it everyday.

until you have played the games i have played and seen how things really work you cant make any real judgement on whats what.

> until you have played the games i have played and seen how things really work you cant make any real judgement on whats what.

What’s games have you played?

> i dont -Yoinking!- care about map control. that is not how halo is suppose to be played.

…And that’s where you’re wrong.

> > > Why is it in team slayer games (and other games) where there are no vehicles at all? cause then its basically point and shoot free kills. I dont see why people are allowed to have free kills that require NO WORK what so ever.
> >
> > The “Opening Rush” followed by subsequent “Map Control” is part of the way Halo is played. Rockets are an incentive used to promote map movement. Rockets are one shot kill because they are a reward for Map Control.
> >
> > Please ask questions if you don’t understand.
>
> no its basically just free kills for anyone that gets it. giving them a lead advantage that they didnt earn. and keeping the other team from doing anything to try and catch back up.

They did earn it. They got there first. Sure, some maps tend to lean one way or the other in terms of giving some teams an advantage, but that’s the map’s fault, not the player’s or the weapon’s.

The other team can do something about it through teamwork to try to bring down the one with rockets.

> > > > Why is it in team slayer games (and other games) where there are no vehicles at all? cause then its basically point and shoot free kills. I dont see why people are allowed to have free kills that require NO WORK what so ever.
> > >
> > > The “Opening Rush” followed by subsequent “Map Control” is part of the way Halo is played. Rockets are an incentive used to promote map movement. Rockets are one shot kill because they are a reward for Map Control.
> > >
> > > Please ask questions if you don’t understand.
> >
> > no its basically just free kills for anyone that gets it. giving them a lead advantage that they didnt earn. and keeping the other team from doing anything to try and catch back up.
>
> They did earn it. They got there first. Sure, some maps tend to lean one way or the other in terms of giving some teams an advantage, but that’s the map’s fault, not the player’s or the weapon’s.
>
> The other team can do something about it through teamwork to try to bring down the one with rockets.

sure by making him use them up cause thats all they can really do.

> > until you have played the games i have played and seen how things really work you cant make any real judgement on whats what.
>
> What’s games have you played?

I mean matches throughout the halo games. you dont know how much real work it takes to be an independently good player that can work even better with multiple people to draw fire and distract opponents. basically until you have played and fought your way out of the battles i have you will not understand.

> > > until you have played the games i have played and seen how things really work you cant make any real judgement on whats what.
> >
> > What’s games have you played?
>
> I mean matches throughout the halo games. you dont know how much real work it takes to be an independently good player that can work even better with multiple people to draw fire and distract opponents. basically until you have played and fought your way out of the battles i have you will not understand.

You make it sound like strafing/evading/running the hell away is for n00bs. When you are in a firefight where the odds are at your favor, you have the obligation to run.

If that is true then why are you even asking this question?

> until you have played the games i have played and seen how things really work you cant make any real judgement on whats what.

Then why are you asking us questions if we don’t even know “what’s what”?

Rocket kills are not “free kills”. They are earned by going and getting the rocket launcher. Map control is a part of halo. Every time someone outplays you in any way, that doesnt mean they got a “free kill” contrary to popular belief on this forum.

Im some sort of scrub and even i know that.

Well then. You managed to get both Fatal Factor and SitriStahl to disagree with you and agree with each other. BRB, buying lottery tickets. :stuck_out_tongue:

OP, I hate to say it but I have to agree with the others in this instance. If your team loses the push for the rockets or the control of rocket spawn when they respawn, then the other team earned those “free kills.”

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

So your saying the game is all about making it easier for people in the lead to secure victory and completely ignoring the losing team giving them no chance to win? You’re full of -Yoink-.

>

Well why don’t YOU go for the rockets first then next time?

> >
>
> Well why don’t YOU go for the rockets first then next time?

Cause i dont need cheap -Yoink- to play well like every other useless player needs to. Im damn proud of my abilities in halo for someone that doesnt spawn trap or spam power weapons. I respect the game, i dont try to get some useless rank that doesnt mean -Yoink-, and i dont resort to useing ONLY power weapons every -Yoinking!- game. Say what you want but i KNOW i play right and to the best of my ACTUAL skills.

> > >
> >
> > Well why don’t YOU go for the rockets first then next time?
>
> Cause i dont need cheap Yoink! to play well like every other useless player needs to. Im damn proud of my abilities in halo for someone that doesnt spawn trap or spam power weapons. I respect the game, i dont try to get some useless rank that doesnt mean Yoink!, and i dont resort to useing ONLY power weapons every -Yoinking!- game. Say what you want but i KNOW i play right and to the best of my ACTUAL skills.

So you purposely deny yourself the possibility of getting kills with the rocket launcher because you’re “too proud” to use them and then complain when others use the weapons in the game?

That’s not really much an argument my friend. The rockets are part of the game. If you are choosing to deny yourself the chance to use them, well, that’s entirely your decision but you don’t get to complain about others using them when you basically GIVE the rockets to them.

I guess if i have to ill start wasting any rockets i get so no one else can use them.