why the new scoring system??

seriously, slayer game score system is like cod, and why was it changed in the first place, in the past, it was first to reach 100 kills, not it’s first to reach 1000 point, you only get points for the kill…yet you just tacked a -Yoinking!- 0 onto it, seriously, why was this changed at all, i apreaciate the enw point system to see how players are doing in a game, but the scoring system is just backwards.

I don’t know, it doesn’t seem to fully track all kills either, as I’ll finish a game with twenty, and then it states I only had 19.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

OMG complain about the most stupid things! WHO GIVES A -Yoink-!

Prefer the old style. I think the new system MIGHT be to make it less obvious when you get your butt kicked.

Or to make it sync up better with the ordinance points system.

I assumed that it was to more easily assign point values to feats other than kills. For example, making an assist worth 0.5 points isn’t really feasible, but if you increase the value of a kill to 10 points, then you can assign 5 points to an assist, 20 points to a plasma grenade stick, etc.

I do, however, think it’s a bad system. Assists and the like should simply net you bonus XP, and perhaps an “Assistant” medal at the end of the game (God knows they aren’t afraid to give away medals these days).

343 said it was intended to show how much you were helping your team, not just getting kills.

they add assists to your score, as well as things like killing flag carrier, intercepting the ball, ect.

I think reason being was because many players would work-down the shields of 3 or more enemies until they are all 1-shots. Then a teammate would come in and fire only 3 bullets and claim all three kills as if they did something.

On the score board you would see the people who did all the “heavy lifting” have nearly no points.

But now those Heavy Lifters get some recognition.

> But now those Heavy Lifters get some recognition.

“Heavy Lifter” would be an awesome name for a medal that is awarded at the end of the game to the player who “did the most”, without necessarily getting the most kills.

> > But now those Heavy Lifters get some recognition.
>
> “Heavy Lifter” would be an awesome name for a medal that is awarded at the end of the game to the player who “did the most”, without necessarily getting the most kills.

+1 if you said “Heavy Lifter” out loud in the announcer voice just to see how cool it would sound :stuck_out_tongue:

COD is back to; Kill 1, get 1 point.

> +1 if you said “Heavy Lifter” out loud in the announcer voice just to see how cool it would sound :stuck_out_tongue:

The medal icon could be a yellow hard hat! Or a forklift!

(I’m excited.)

It really is icky but ohh well simple math and you know where your team stands.

Lol COD is taking Halo’s place as a fast paced competitive game. While Halo 4 is taking Cod’s place as a Social circle jerk for Armor and Weapons.

> > +1 if you said “Heavy Lifter” out loud in the announcer voice just to see how cool it would sound :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> The medal icon could be a yellow hard hat! Or a forklift!
>
> (I’m excited.)

Haha this would actually make a great medal. Yeah, make the medal forky the fork lift from Halo Reach!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I don’t understand why the kills are just x10, assists and other sh*t doesn’t add on to the amount of kills needed to end the game.

I would understand the change if the assists and other sh*t counted towards the game ending. Like making a slayer game go to 1000 points, while counting ALL points scored by all the players on the team. Instead, for some unknown reason it’s to 600 and only counts kills. It’s definitely a COD move.

> > But now those Heavy Lifters get some recognition.
>
> “Heavy Lifter” would be an awesome name for a medal that is awarded at the end of the game to the player who “did the most”, without necessarily getting the most kills.

Darn, I probably shouldn’t have said that…“Heavy Lifter” started as an inside joke my brother and I used when describing the nature of assists. And I had planned on using that whenever I made my own game. Ohh well, I hope you guys enjoy it :slight_smile:

With the addition of Team Regicide, killing the King of the opposing team will give your team 25 points. Now they have a reasong for that extra 0.

> I don’t understand why the kills are just x10, assists and other sh*t doesn’t add on to the amount of kills needed to end the game.

It would be a little game breaking if assist and other random medals were added to the team score.

Players would let the other team pick up the odd ball for 1 second, then they would kill him for the bonus of “carrier kill” and spam that until victory.

> With the addition of Team Regicide, killing the King of the opposing team will give your team 25 points. Now they have a reasong for that extra 0.

When did that happen???

> I assumed that it was to more easily assign point values to feats other than kills. For example, making an assist worth 0.5 points isn’t really feasible, but if you increase the value of a kill to 10 points, then you can assign 5 points to an assist, 20 points to a plasma grenade stick, etc.
>
> I do, however, think it’s a bad system. Assists and the like should simply net you bonus XP, and perhaps an “Assistant” medal at the end of the game (God knows they aren’t afraid to give away medals these days).

hmm, that may be so, but in the slayer oriented gametypes, the score to win, aka the objective is score is basedd solely on kills, and nothing else, i like the personal score, that makes some sense, expecially since assists and stuff factor in to it, but the kill score makes zero sense, games are played to 100 points which is 100 kills, and it only track kills, halo slayer games have alway been first to 100 kills, not instead of kills it first to 100 points, which is needlessly ambigous, because when a player gets a kill we get all this arcade score popping up, and we get points for it, but those points don’t apply to the score.

IMO this is one of those things that is blatantly MEANT to be like/appeal to players of CoD.

I get each kill is 10 points and whatever, but I can’t tell if the extra 5 points for headshots, or assist ect ect go towards my team score, and if they don’t than I SRSLY don’t see any point in the new system.

All the new point system dose is make me not really care about the score UNLESS my team is clearly SUPER losing, Super winning or maybe at a tie (usually towards the end of the game). If it’s anywhere else I feel like I really don’t have any clue what the score really is. It might as well just say winning next to the team that’s in the lead instead of having points at all.

I’m trying to wrap my head around this…Why is King Of The Hill using a point system?? Shouldn’t it ONLY be about the time the players ACTUALLY spend in the hill?? Now that should be time based like CTF is only won by the team who captures five flags first. It took my some time to figure out the point system…I get it, but KOTH should be time based. Period.