WHY THE **** is our rank just based off wins?

After the reset I went 5 and 5 in slayer making me platinum. Out of the 10 games I went negative once and yet my KD not KDA was an average of 4.0 or higher. I can’t win all matches with the horrible matchmaking system they have. I especially can’t earn my proper rank basing it off of my teams losses. I get to play maybe 20% of the time with my team and friends. That leaves 80% of the time I play deranking because I’m matched with scrubs. FIX THIS 343

“You can’t fix stupid” - Ron White

Because that’s the only way to fairly judge any team effort. When you don’t base it off wins, you get Reach Arena. A ranking system should never encourage playing selfishly at the sacrifice of the team’s effort.

The initial placement system and matching is flawed, but it should be based off wins. Get a team if this is a bad thing for you. I know I play SWAT all the time by myself, and you just have to understand that it’s a necessary evil to have this system, and you must accept the risk of doing something risky - such as playing solo in a team playlist.

Every single Halo ranking system worth a damn has been win/loss only.

Because i think your teammates get assists and distraction medals often. its a team effort…

I might note the most assists my teammates ever had was 6. This is with me having 12-18 kills and 8 assists

I did brilliantly in the 10 swat matches but my team let me down and I lost about 7 of them so went from my previous rank of onyx to silver, ridiculous system

> 2535436053099676;6:
> I did brilliantly in the 10 swat matches but my team let me down and I lost about 7 of them so went from my previous rank of onyx to silver, ridiculous system

nope, thats how teams games go. it isnt ridiculous, its to be expected when you play solo.

And what ranks were the players you were going against? If you are doing good against low ranked people you won’t be placed high. The game you went negative in was probably against higher ranked people. Believe it or not, the system doesn’t just go off of wins/losses

The system is not based purely on W/L. I just went 1-9 with a negative KD in each game in my placement matches and got ranked GOLD. I played against mostly unranked players and never faced a rank higher than gold in the 10 placement matches. The rankings make no sense.

343 sucks and doesnt relize this screws up the ranking system. you could be fighting a bronze with the skill of an onyx

> 2533274855279867;7:
> > 2535436053099676;6:
> > I did brilliantly in the 10 swat matches but my team let me down and I lost about 7 of them so went from my previous rank of onyx to silver, ridiculous system
>
>
> nope, thats how teams games go. it isnt ridiculous, its to be expected when you play solo.

Nobody asked for team based ranking and this is new to this franchise. Some people don’t have the time to -Yoinking!- socialize on Xbox live because we have lives of our own so solo is the way to go. Even if you have friends on xbox live, you’re telling me that I should play only when they are online? Are you -Yoinking!- kidding me? I want to play halo 5 when I feel like it, not when certain people are online only.

Every Halo has been that way except for Reach and 4. I’m glad it’s based off of wins again. I just personally hate the ranking system itself.

While I think it should predominately be based off wins, I think there should be some kind of percentage added for personal play. Like if you go 22-1 and have a team that has 10 combined kills…like maybe not dock as many points or not make you lose points. But that’s me…

> 2533274855279867;7:
> > 2535436053099676;6:
> > I did brilliantly in the 10 swat matches but my team let me down and I lost about 7 of them so went from my previous rank of onyx to silver, ridiculous system
>
>
> nope, thats how teams games go. it isnt ridiculous, its to be expected when you play solo.

That’s why the system is trash. So now a higher skilled player is forced to be teamed up with lesser players and more than likely loss more often than win because of the scrubs you get matched up with unless you run teams.

You know an easier way to solve this?Add a -Yoinking!- lone wolves playlist 343.

Please don’t revive old topics thanks