Why the Halo 5 scorpion sucks

As an avid halo and tank enthusiast I’ve come to notice that the Halo 5 scorpion tank is quite possibly, the worst tank to ever exsist. Here are just a few of the numerous reasons why I have come to despise the Scorpion tank in Halo 5

• A terrible gun depressionLike seriously if you’re in a tank you need atleast some gun depression to work around hills to fight enemy scorpions/wraiths, but sadly in halo 5 the scorpion has little to no gun depression what so ever

• The armor sucksI get it, “game balance”. That’s not really an adequate excuse for why the scorpion and wraith usually die in the same number of direct hits as eachother. It just gives you a semi-nice looking vehicle that can die as easily as a warthog if the enemy has an anti-vehicle power weapon IE: Splaser. Not to mention in Halo 5 you can’t even shoot off the drivers hatch anymore.

• The main cannonThe main cannon doesn’t even let you kill people who have boarded your tank basically leaving you unable to do anything as you get destroyed.

Yeah your right no can beat the bungie’s design on the scorpion tank

I just hate being boreded as soon as I spawn one, it’s rare but it happens. Enemy player crouching by our garage spawn and just hops on as I drive out, what a waste of a REQ.

I think the worst part is how this game doesn’t let you kill those who board you with Splash damage, I think it’s stupid.

The tank doesn’t suck, the maps are just too crowded and force the tank into lanes with no realistic freedom.

EDIT: H5 tank is probably the best looking tank out of all the halos (aside the grizzly) - imo

Game balance aside, the Scorpion is pathetic compared to mode real life tanks. The only thing it has going for it is that it only needs one operator due to the on board systems.

It doesn’t even look as much like an actual scorpion as much as it did back in like Halo 1 (best tank)

> 2533274909139271;5:
> The tank doesn’t suck, the maps are just too crowded and force the tank into lanes with no realistic freedom.
>
> EDIT: H5 tank is probably the best looking tank out of all the halos (aside the grizzly) - imo

Have to agree. It’s not so much the tank as it is the maps just aren’t very vehicle friendly.

> 2533274815449320;4:
> I think the worst part is how this game doesn’t let you kill those who board you with Splash damage, I think it’s stupid.

This is a perfect point. We should at least be given a chance to defend ourselves for a second before we got destroyed. At the very least I could do some damage and sacrifice myself, and my trusty ride in a blaze of glory!

> 2533274792859657;7:
> It doesn’t even look as much like an actual scorpion as much as it did back in like Halo 1 (best tank)

That is because the Scorpion in this game is not the older M808 model, but the newer M820. Still funny how bad it is in terms of technological advancement compared to the timeline.

> 2533274792859657;7:
> It doesn’t even look as much like an actual scorpion as much as it did back in like Halo 1 (best tank)

Halo CE tank was the worst and damn near impossible to use. I’ll take 5 tank over that POS any day.

> 2533274909139271;5:
> The tank doesn’t suck, the maps are just too crowded and force the tank into lanes with no realistic freedom.
>
> EDIT: H5 tank is probably the best looking tank out of all the halos (aside the grizzly) - imo

In terms of looks I must agree that the tank looks amazing, but it is significantly lacking in terms of being a feasible option to rack up kills

Yes I absolutely hate how easy it is to get boarded and you can’t even shoot against a wall to kill people anymore, it just seems to do nothing. Enemies should at least have to punch open the hatch or something first too if they want to destroy the tank with a grenade. How come one frag grenade blows up a Scorpion?

> 2533274815449320;4:
> I think the worst part is how this game doesn’t let you kill those who board you with Splash damage, I think it’s stupid.

This is the worst, and I know it isnt the scorpion (still a tank), but this especially makes no sense in a wraith ultra. The thing lives and breathes splash damage and yet you cant kill the guy on the front of your tank? Give me a break!

I agree with you on the splash damage to boarders point, but have you noticed how painfully slow and difficult boarding is in Halo 5? If you touch the thing anywhere while it’s moving at any speed, you’re gonna get splattered. Plus you act like a turtle when you finally board the thing.

That’s way too many hits for an already damaged Scorpion

> 2533274797074208;13:
> Yes I absolutely hate how easy it is to get boarded and you can’t even shoot against a wall to kill people anymore, it just seems to do nothing. Enemies should at least have to punch open the hatch or something first too if they want to destroy the tank with a grenade. How come one frag grenade blows up a Scorpion?

Agreed. 4 melee hits and then the grenade just like it used to be in the older halos. A direct rocket wont kill a tank but one anti-infantry grenade does? Absurd.

> 2533274834537210;15:
> I agree with you on the splash damage to boarders point, but have you noticed how painfully slow and difficult boarding is in Halo 5? If you touch the thing anywhere while it’s moving at any speed, you’re gonna get splattered. Plus you act like a turtle when you finally board the thing.
>
> That’s way too many hits for an already damaged Scorpion

Oni scorpion or something maybe? Because yeah that was a bit ridiculous.

> 2533274815449320;4:

Ummm you can though I’ve seen some videos on it

> 2533274831612446;17:
> > 2533274834537210;15:
> > I agree with you on the splash damage to boarders point, but have you noticed how painfully slow and difficult boarding is in Halo 5? If you touch the thing anywhere while it’s moving at any speed, you’re gonna get splattered. Plus you act like a turtle when you finally board the thing.
> >
> > That’s way too many hits for an already damaged Scorpion
>
>
> Oni scorpion or something maybe? Because yeah that was a bit ridiculous.

You’re right, may have been a Woodland Scorpion. Besides, you can just feel the awkward tension from the guy driving it when he just sits there like “K, you almost done?”

Maybe it is not as good so the corp and ONI tanks would feel really powerful?