Why the grenade launcher sucks!

Now, despite what the title says, I actually love the grenade launcher and I’m really happy its made a return in Halo 5.

However, like the radar issue being only 18 meters instead of 25 in Arena (like it should be), the grenade currently launcher possesses a similar problem with itself.

What do I mean?

Example: equip grenade launcher or pro pipe… Hmm… Shoot grenade… Hold trigger… Release trigger… 1 second until explosion instead of instantly like in Reach.

The problem is the grenade takes much longer to detonate than the Reach grenade launcher.

Is it just me who notices this? I can’t even fight a guy with this garbage.

Note to 343, I demand the grenade launcher be exactly the same as Halo Reach. In simple english, I’m asking for the grenade to immediately explode as soon as you release the trigger after holding it, not 1+ seconds later, and to explode on impact if fired without holding the trigger.

To me I won’t ever truly enjoy the grenade launcher until this issue is fixed.

Other weapons that 343 needs to fix:

#1 The carbine

Issue: The carbine in Halo 5 does not feel like the covenent equivalent of the BR like in Halo 3 or Halo 4. (I’m talking about Shots to Kill = 7, that’s fine and beautiful.) Im talking about the Rate of Fire. Rather than having a slow, calm, consistent firing rate, the new carbine (Halo 5) feels like a god-damn machine gun. Can you say the same about the H3, H4 carbine?

Because of this, I’ve personally avoided this weapon throughout most of Halo 5. It just doesn’t feel how it used to. Surely its not just me who can sense the slightest of details.

However, these days on occasion, I do compensate for the loss of the old Halo 3 carbine feeling by A:not shooting with the carbine so fast and B: shoot more slowly than 99% of Halo 5 players who use the new carbine.

Until then, I can only hope one day the Carbine will return to its true roots. Its tree needs to he trimmed neatly, not let overgrown like it is in Halo 5.

#2 the Scorpion tank

Halo Reach had the fastest, strongest, and most accurate tanks in Halo. Halo 5’s scorpions are slowly, far less accurate, and only compensate for a slightly stronger armour.

As much as I am not a fan of the REQ system, I demand to have a Halo Reach Scorpion as a Legendary REQ Card in WZ. Mainly because those Reach tanks were faster and shoot better and are t affected by gravity when climbing a tiny hill.

Thanks

halo 2 carbine sounded more fun too

The reach scorpion is definitely the best one out of all halos and it would be really cool to see it as a req variant

I think the grenade launcher is fine. It plays exactly like it used too, and I don’t see how the radar being 18m has anything to with how it currently plays.

Also the carbine isn’t meant to be the BR’s equivalent otherwise why have a carbine if it’s the same thing. The carbine’s faster rate of fire rewards more accurate players, but punishes sloppy shots.

I’m fine with the new Grenade Launcher, but the new Scorpion is so slow & ugly imo

It needs to be like the pro pipe, the grenade launcher doesn’t detonate on impact on enemy players. Carbine is fine as it is, but the scorpion in Halo 5 is balanced. Making it like Reach will mean every other vehicle will get screwed over and that’s not balanced.

> 2717573882290912;4:
> I think the grenade launcher is fine. It plays exactly like it used too, and I don’t see how the radar being 18m has anything to with how it currently plays.
>
> Also the carbine isn’t meant to be the BR’s equivalent otherwise why have a carbine if it’s the same thing. The carbine’s faster rate of fire rewards more accurate players, but punishes sloppy shots.

Yeah Halo increased the rate of fire making it 10x faster and trigger happy to use.

I’m using the radar as an example if similarity. And I disagree, it doesn’t play like it used to. The grenade takes longer to detonate

Wait a second - what map has a Grenade Launcher on it? Regardless, I think you’re asking for the base Grenade Launcher to essentially be the Pro Pipe which, well, isn’t gonna happen. They’re different variants. Yes, it’s from Reach but that doesn’t mean it has to act EXACTLY like it did in Reach. Plus, I’ve never noticed a super long delay when letting go of the trigger on the GL anyways. Sounds like there’s some possible latency on your side.

And re: Carbine. It’s always had the highest ROF of all rifles, from H2 to H5. It’s a 7SK in H2, 8SK in H3, 7SK in H4, and 7SK in H5. The H5 ROF is actually pretty close to the H2 ROF - I can’t really tell which fires faster (I’m sure someone will come in here and help me out). It’s not supposed to act the same as the other rifles. They aren’t going to nerf the ROF because then it makes the weapon pointless. The H5 Carbine is a high risk, high reward weapon. If you can land all your shots, you get a fast kill. If not, well, better hope the other guy misses too. It’s actually a great gun that can make for some fun matches.

Luckily, the carbine is a map pick up in Arena and not at all necessary in Warzone if you don’t want! So asking to change the gun because you choose to use it differently is kinda silly, IMO.

> 2533274967369999;6:
> It needs to be like the pro pipe, the grenade launcher doesn’t detonate on impact on enemy players. Carbine is fine as it is, but the scorpion in Halo 5 is balanced. Making it like Reach will mean every other vehicle will get screwed over and that’s not balanced.

Glad you agree about the Grenade Launcher. Balance or no balance, the tank worked for the Halo games. Think of all the insanely powerful REQs already available. Wouldn’t make a difference

> 2533274967369999;6:
> It needs to be like the pro pipe, the grenade launcher doesn’t detonate on impact on enemy players.

No, it doesn’t need to be like the Pro Pipe. Why bother having variants then? If you want it to detonate on impact, call in a Pro Pipe.

> 2533274796457055;8:
> Wait a second - what map has a Grenade Launcher on it?
>
> And re: Carbine. It’s always had the highest ROF of all rifles, from H2 to H5. It’s a 7SK in H2, 8SK in H3, 7SK in H4, and 7SK in H5. The H5 ROF is actually pretty close to the H2 ROF - I can’t really tell which fires faster (I’m sure someone will come in here and help me out). It’s not supposed to act the same as the other rifles. They aren’t going to nerf the ROF because then it makes the weapon pointless. The H5 Carbine is a high risk, high reward weapon. If you can land all your shots, you get a fast kill. If not, well, better hope the other guy misses too. It’s actually a great gun that can make for some fun matches.
>
> Luckily, the carbine is a map pick up in Arena and not at all necessary in Warzone if you don’t want!

Yeah ROF is what I’m referring too. It was much nicer in Halo 3 and 4 in my opinion. That’s what I’m trying to say

> 2535414369351666;11:
> > 2533274796457055;8:
> > Wait a second - what map has a Grenade Launcher on it?
> >
> > And re: Carbine. It’s always had the highest ROF of all rifles, from H2 to H5. It’s a 7SK in H2, 8SK in H3, 7SK in H4, and 7SK in H5. The H5 ROF is actually pretty close to the H2 ROF - I can’t really tell which fires faster (I’m sure someone will come in here and help me out). It’s not supposed to act the same as the other rifles. They aren’t going to nerf the ROF because then it makes the weapon pointless. The H5 Carbine is a high risk, high reward weapon. If you can land all your shots, you get a fast kill. If not, well, better hope the other guy misses too. It’s actually a great gun that can make for some fun matches.
> >
> > Luckily, the carbine is a map pick up in Arena and not at all necessary in Warzone if you don’t want!
>
> Yeah ROF is what I’m referring too. It was much nicer in Halo 3 and 4 in my opinion. That’s what I’m trying to say

And the Carbine wasn’t necessarily a viable weapon in those games. It’s good in Halo 5, why nerf it and make it pointless?

> 2533274796457055;8:
> I’ve never noticed a super long delay when letting go of the trigger on the GL anyways. Sounds like there’s some possible latency on your side.

Either that is so or you don’t notice a big difference between 1 second

> 2533274796457055;12:
> > 2535414369351666;11:
> > > 2533274796457055;8:
> > > Wait a second - what map has a Grenade Launcher on it?
> > >
> > > And re: Carbine. It’s always had the highest ROF of all rifles, from H2 to H5. It’s a 7SK in H2, 8SK in H3, 7SK in H4, and 7SK in H5. The H5 ROF is actually pretty close to the H2 ROF - I can’t really tell which fires faster (I’m sure someone will come in here and help me out). It’s not supposed to act the same as the other rifles. They aren’t going to nerf the ROF because then it makes the weapon pointless. The H5 Carbine is a high risk, high reward weapon. If you can land all your shots, you get a fast kill. If not, well, better hope the other guy misses too. It’s actually a great gun that can make for some fun matches.
> > >
> > > Luckily, the carbine is a map pick up in Arena and not at all necessary in Warzone if you don’t want!
> >
> > Yeah ROF is what I’m referring too. It was much nicer in Halo 3 and 4 in my opinion. That’s what I’m trying to say
>
> And the Carbine wasn’t necessarily a viable weapon in those games. It’s good in Halo 5, why nerf it and make it pointless?

It was totally useful in those games, everyone used them, loved them like mad.

> 2533274796457055;10:
> > 2533274967369999;6:
> > It needs to be like the pro pipe, the grenade launcher doesn’t detonate on impact on enemy players.
>
> No, it doesn’t need to be like the Pro Pipe. Why bother having variants then? If you want it to detonate on impact, call in a Pro Pipe.

Funny, I just equipped Pro Pipe (had no idea what you guys were referring to at first). Still feels the same. Takes forever for the grenade to explode.

Hmm… Shoot grenade… Hold trigger… Release trigger… 1 second until explosion instead of instantly

Why the grenade launcher doesn’t suck… works good for me :slight_smile:

> 2535414369351666;13:
> > 2533274796457055;8:
> > I’ve never noticed a super long delay when letting go of the trigger on the GL anyways. Sounds like there’s some possible latency on your side.
>
> Either that is so or you don’t notice a big difference between 1 second

I know how long that is, I’ve played with significant lag and latency issues.

There is not a “1 second delay” from letting go of the trigger and the explosion. In fact, it’s about the same as Reach’s. How do I know?

I literally just went and tested both.

> 2535414369351666;14:
> > 2533274796457055;12:
> > > 2535414369351666;11:
> > > > 2533274796457055;8:
> > > > Wait a second - what map has a Grenade Launcher on it?
> > > > And re: Carbine. It’s always had the highest ROF of all rifles, from H2 to H5. It’s a 7SK in H2, 8SK in H3, 7SK in H4, and 7SK in H5. The H5 ROF is actually pretty close to the H2 ROF - I can’t really tell which fires faster (I’m sure someone will come in here and help me out). It’s not supposed to act the same as the other rifles. They aren’t going to nerf the ROF because then it makes the weapon pointless. The H5 Carbine is a high risk, high reward weapon. If you can land all your shots, you get a fast kill. If not, well, better hope the other guy misses too. It’s actually a great gun that can make for some fun matches.
> > > > Luckily, the carbine is a map pick up in Arena and not at all necessary in Warzone if you don’t want!
> > >
> > > Yeah ROF is what I’m referring too. It was much nicer in Halo 3 and 4 in my opinion. That’s what I’m trying to say
> >
> > And the Carbine wasn’t necessarily a viable weapon in those games. It’s good in Halo 5, why nerf it and make it pointless?
>
> It was totally useful in those games, everyone used them, loved them like mad.

Lol. We played vastly different versions of H3 and H4 then. Until Turbo in H4, it was DMR’s all day every day. Now there’s BR’s everywhere with a side of DMR’s. And H3 is nothing but a BR fest too, just like H2.

> 2535414369351666;15:
> > 2533274796457055;10:
> > > 2533274967369999;6:
> > > It needs to be like the pro pipe, the grenade launcher doesn’t detonate on impact on enemy players.
> >
> > No, it doesn’t need to be like the Pro Pipe. Why bother having variants then? If you want it to detonate on impact, call in a Pro Pipe.
>
> Funny, I just equipped Pro Pipe (had no idea what you guys were referring to at first). Still feels the same. Takes forever for the grenade to explode.
>
> Hmm… Shoot grenade… Hold trigger… Release trigger… 1 second until explosion instead of instantly

Then this honestly sounds like an issue on your end because that is not at all the expected behavior. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

> 2533274796457055;17:
> > 2535414369351666;13:
> > > 2533274796457055;8:
> > > I’ve never noticed a super long delay when letting go of the trigger on the GL anyways. Sounds like there’s some possible latency on your side.
> >
> > Either that is so or you don’t notice a big difference between 1 second
>
> I know how long that is, I’ve played with significant lag and latency issues.
>
> There is not a “1 second delay” from letting go of the trigger and the explosion. In fact, it’s about the same as Reach’s. How do I know?
>
> I literally just went and tested both.
>
>
> > 2535414369351666;14:
> > > 2533274796457055;12:
> > > > 2535414369351666;11:
> > > > > 2533274796457055;8:
> > > > > Wait a second - what map has a Grenade Launcher on it?
> > > > > And re: Carbine. It’s always had the highest ROF of all rifles, from H2 to H5. It’s a 7SK in H2, 8SK in H3, 7SK in H4, and 7SK in H5. The H5 ROF is actually pretty close to the H2 ROF - I can’t really tell which fires faster (I’m sure someone will come in here and help me out). It’s not supposed to act the same as the other rifles. They aren’t going to nerf the ROF because then it makes the weapon pointless. The H5 Carbine is a high risk, high reward weapon. If you can land all your shots, you get a fast kill. If not, well, better hope the other guy misses too. It’s actually a great gun that can make for some fun matches.
> > > > > Luckily, the carbine is a map pick up in Arena and not at all necessary in Warzone if you don’t want!
> > > >
> > > > Yeah ROF is what I’m referring too. It was much nicer in Halo 3 and 4 in my opinion. That’s what I’m trying to say
> > >
> > > And the Carbine wasn’t necessarily a viable weapon in those games. It’s good in Halo 5, why nerf it and make it pointless?
> >
> > It was totally useful in those games, everyone used them, loved them like mad.
>
> Lol. We played vastly different versions of H3 and H4 then. Until Turbo in H4, it was DMR’s all day every day. Now there’s BR’s everywhere with a side of DMR’s. And H3 is nothing but a BR fest too, just like H2.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535414369351666;15:
> > > 2533274796457055;10:
> > > > 2533274967369999;6:
> > > > It needs to be like the pro pipe, the grenade launcher doesn’t detonate on impact on enemy players.
> > >
> > > No, it doesn’t need to be like the Pro Pipe. Why bother having variants then? If you want it to detonate on impact, call in a Pro Pipe.
> >
> > Funny, I just equipped Pro Pipe (had no idea what you guys were referring to at first). Still feels the same. Takes forever for the grenade to explode.
> >
> > Hmm… Shoot grenade… Hold trigger… Release trigger… 1 second until explosion instead of instantly
>
> Then this honestly sounds like an issue on your end because that is not at all the expected behavior. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

This is provably H5’s biggest issue then because I have an excellent connection. I go to many different locations to play this game and it always lags. Must be the game itself. Its like a loading screen and players gathering together for a match, takes forever to start a game because this game has too much activity going on st the same time. If Halo 5 was an offline playable game, surely that would help because every other Halo game is offline playable, and I’ve never experienced lag except if using my phone as a hotspot

Where, geographically, are you playing from?

> 2533274816788253;16:
> Why the grenade launcher doesn’t suck… works good for me :slight_smile:

Exactly, just got to know how to use it.