Why the DMR has to be inferior... mostly

I think i could live with the DMR doing ok at longer ranges but ill always be up for the BR being the standard weapon however they have mentioned changing the fire rate of the BR and the new loghtrifle could be a problem, either way i see it as only one of the 2 weapons being better (BR,DMR) and cant really see a way to balance them, im worried they may shorten the killtime on the BR to the point where the DMR will be the go to weapon still, tbh, this move wouldnt surprise me

vid explaining why the DMR should never the the main primary weapon in halo

thoughts?

The BR will have a faster killtime, but the DMR will have precision. Sounds balanced to me.

no weapons should be “primary weapons”, if it’s loadout based it should be equal, I prefer the DMR by far to the BR

I don’t follow how shortening the BR killtime would make the DMR the more preferred weapon?

As Fos says it sounds like a good tradeoff among rifles. Either way I’m looking forward to the changes and can’t wait to put 'em through their paces.

> I don’t follow how shortening the BR killtime would make the DMR the more preferred weapon?
>
> As Fos says it sounds like a good tradeoff among rifles. Either way I’m looking forward to the changes and can’t wait to put 'em through their paces.

Exactly. And the Carbine and Light Rifle fit in by providing even more power in their elements than their UNSC counterparts, but less flexibility (the Carbine being far more inconsistent than the BR at mid-long range, and the LR being far less powerful unscoped than any other weapon.)

I dislike the DMR very much. It could disappear completely and halo 4 would be better off because of it

> I dislike the DMR very much. It could disappear completely and halo 4 would be better off because of it

I like it, I prefer it to the BR, it’s just OP

Can I get you to contribute your ideas to:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst195407_Weapons-Feedback.aspx
Please?