why the complaint about lack of splitscreen?

Are poor or young gamers the ones who are mostly complaining about lack of splitscreen in HALO 5?

Is it really that expensive to buy your own XBOX ONE, copy of HALO 5, and XBOX LIVE?

If it is, then perhaps you should prioritize education and finding a higher paying job then playing video games.

Because Halo set the bar for split screen gaming. Duh… I remember the awesome LAN parties in high school.

<mark>Do not flame/attack others.</mark>

> 2535472175656268;1:
> Are poor or young gamers the ones who are mostly complaining about lack of splitscreen in HALO 5?
> Is it really that expensive to buy your own XBOX ONE, copy of HALO 5, and XBOX LIVE?
> If it is, then perhaps you should prioritize education and finding a higher paying job then playing video games.

literally: F*** OFF! dip***t!

What if i have friends over and want to play some split screen campaign or multiplayer like we did back in the day having some beers and havign fun, nope can’t do that no more.

Or if you have a brother and want to play with him on the same xbox? nope got a buy a second xbox and a second copy of the game so you can play with your own brother even tho you both live on the same house.

The fact people defend the lack of split screen on Halo which has been a staple of the franchise since CE is just unbelievable.

So because you don’t use it, it isn’t an important feature? Stop kissing -Yoink- and start complaining when games lose key features. Split screen was very important to thousands of gamers and something I’ll miss as well. Why would I go buy a second Xbox just for the days my little brother comes to stay at my house, or when my wife (like 3 times a year) wants to play some halo? That’s absolutely ridiculous. I’m fairly confident, judging by your sentence structure and grammar, that you don’t even have the means to purchase your own, much less tell someone to buy two.

> 2535472175656268;1:
> Are poor or young gamers the ones who are mostly complaining about lack of splitscreen in HALO 5?
>
> Is it really that expensive to buy your own XBOX ONE, copy of HALO 5, and XBOX LIVE?
>
> If it is, then perhaps you should prioritize education and finding a higher paying job then playing video games.

AND an HD TV.

> 2533274808283344;2:
> Because Halo set the bar for split screen gaming. Duh… I remember the awesome LAN parties in high school.

This right here is why people are complaining about split screen. Nostalgic fanboys got drunk playing it college and are dying to get those days back.

> 2535472175656268;1:

I appears as if it is YOU who needs to “…prioritize education”

Split screen allows people to all play on a single machine, with a single game on a single Xbox Live account. So If a friend has a party, all the kids could play on the Xbox and stay out of the adults hair for the evening…OR, the adults could join in too. This is now impossible with the lack of SS. What if my son goes over to a kids house for a sleep over. The kid only has a single Xbox. Now all the kids have to take turns to play. If they had SS, 4 at a time could play.

And let me guess…you bought into 343’s excuse of sacrificing SS in the name of higher frame rates and higher resolution…LOL. Another lemming.****The graphics on Halo 5 are BARLEY any better than Halo 4, or even Reach. So, the only logical conclusion is 343 duped you into that lame excuse when in reality it is simply a huge cash grab for them. Take away SS and force people to purchase more consoles and more copies of the game and more Live accounts….

> 2535472175656268;1:
>
>

So if I want to play split screen with my little brother, you want me to buy the game twice, buy another £400 xbox, and another membership? So over £500 to play splitscreen on the only FPS I’m interested in using the feature on?

And thanks for your concern about getting educated, some of us are students (law student myself). Doesn’t justify throwing money away because ignorant fools tell me to.
For someone who claims to be educated this sure is a really dumb thread, that the mods should lock.

> 2556731038472681;7:
> > 2533274808283344;2:
> > Because Halo set the bar for split screen gaming. Duh… I remember the awesome LAN parties in high school.
>
>
> This right here is why people are complaining about split screen. Nostalgic fanboys got drunk playing it college and are dying to get those days back.

What’s wrong with getting drunk and playing with friends? Am I correct in stating you don’t have friends?

> 2556731038472681;7:
> > 2533274808283344;2:
> > Because Halo set the bar for split screen gaming. Duh… I remember the awesome LAN parties in high school.
>
>
> This right here is why people are complaining about split screen. Nostalgic fanboys got drunk playing it college and are dying to get those days back.

Sorry some of us have friends, who we like to bring over.

> 2556731038472681;7:
> > 2533274808283344;2:
>
>

^ And this right here is why games nowadays offer less for the same amount and price tag, because the new gen of gamers like to bend over and let companies abuse them.

Its not only nostalgia, if you have a game like Halo which used to be a great Co Op game, and you have friend over OR a brother/family that lives with you, and want to play with them then you justify having to buy 2 Xboxes, 2 Tv’s, 2 Xboxlive memberships and 2 Copies of the game?

Wow no wonder why companies get away with this kind of stuff if people just accept this blindly.

I haven’t used Split Screen since PS2 days and honestly hated using it, for me the problem is easily worked around I have a go then someone else has a go, not as fun of course but it’s hardly end of the world type -Yoink-.
But I can see why some would miss it but honestly sometimes I get the impression that most complain for the sake of complaining, whether what 343i said was it’s reason why they dropped Split Screen is true or a cash grab well I think neither, but truth is I don’t give two Sh*ts.

> 2535472175656268;1:
>
>

Oh, only the rich people are allowed fun.
Well, let me go downstairs and just sit until im called Lord Grantham. . .

it still floors me that this is even a question. OF COURSE NO SPLIT SCREEN IS A PROBLEM. as a 25 y.o. earning almost $20 an hour, paying rent, car payment, car insurance, health insurance, medical bills, AND having a girlfriend who lives with me, i can say that yes. buying 2 systems is a hassle! did i do it? yes. because my girlfriend who happens to also be a pretty big xbox fan feel left out all the time when i play games that are multiplayer but don’t have couch co-op. do you think i WANTED to spend ANOTHER 500 bucks for a console? HELL NO!

however for those of you that do end up going down this inevitable course i started a forum thread explaining how owning 2 consoles isnt as expensive as it seems.

2 consoles with 1 downloadable game and 1 xbox live membership shared between them

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f9237adeaf1742c09de144d7bf3f7507/topics/multiple-consoles-1-download/4f54e44a-9589-475f-bec5-a1f1d46be26c/posts?page=1#post16

> 2533274796869056;12:
> > 2556731038472681;7:
> > > 2533274808283344;2:
> > > Because Halo set the bar for split screen gaming. Duh… I remember the awesome LAN parties in high school.
> >
> >
> > This right here is why people are complaining about split screen. Nostalgic fanboys got drunk playing it college and are dying to get those days back.
>
>
> ^ And this right here is why games nowadays offer less for the same amount and price tag, because the new gen of gamers like to bend over and let companies abuse them.
>
> Its not only nostalgia, if you have a game like Halo which used to be a great Co Op game, and you have friend over OR a brother/family that lives with you, and want to play with them then you justify having to buy 2 Xboxes, 2 Tv’s, 2 Xboxlive memberships and 2 Copies of the game?
>
> Wow no wonder why companies get away with this kind of stuff if people just accept this blindly.

Excuse me? I paid $60 for Donkey Kong Country back in 1994. Guess how much I paid for Halo 5? Guess which game offers more?
Us gamers are making out like bandits.

Spoiled, entitled whiny brats, I tell ya.

Although it doesn’t affect me personally, taking out split screen is a major no-no in my books.

Ok either someone has 0 friends or siblings or the privileged ignorance is too real right now.

> 2533274825044752;16:
> > 2533274796869056;12:
> > > 2556731038472681;7:
> > > > 2533274808283344;2:
> > > > Because Halo set the bar for split screen gaming. Duh… I remember the awesome LAN parties in high school.
> > >
> > >
> > > This right here is why people are complaining about split screen. Nostalgic fanboys got drunk playing it college and are dying to get those days back.
> >
> >
> > ^ And this right here is why games nowadays offer less for the same amount and price tag, because the new gen of gamers like to bend over and let companies abuse them.
> >
> > Its not only nostalgia, if you have a game like Halo which used to be a great Co Op game, and you have friend over OR a brother/family that lives with you, and want to play with them then you justify having to buy 2 Xboxes, 2 Tv’s, 2 Xboxlive memberships and 2 Copies of the game?
> >
> > Wow no wonder why companies get away with this kind of stuff if people just accept this blindly.
>
>
> Excuse me? I paid $60 for Donkey Kong Country back in 1994. Guess how much I paid for Halo 5? Guess which game offers more?
> Us gamers are making out like bandits.
>
> Spoiled, entitled whiny brats, I tell ya.

You are comparing 2 different games from 2 different time periods.

If you want why dot we go back to the Magnabox Oddysey or Atari 2600 era where games were $60 too?

Oh right we are talking about current gen games where you are paying full price for less content even less content that the same franchise OFFERED on prior iterations of the game.

But hey lets keep going this route maybe when you have each individual level of the campaign sold separately will you either speak up or keep forking cash over.

Removing core elements of the game is not right.

Haven’t used split screen since I was in high school in the days of Halo 2 and 3. All my friends have an Xbox and we all play online. If we hanging out together it’s not to play video games unless we specifically make it a “lan” party type thing then everyone brings their stuff and we play all day via the same router like good ol’ fashion PC gamers. Not a big deal tbh and yes I believe the 60 FPS was well worth it , graphics are irrelevant they better than 4’s nuff said.