Why the AR will never be "good"

If you beat the dead horse of a word casual anymore its going to be pulled from the dictionary.

From the gameplay I watched, the storm rifle is actually significantly usefull, and so long as you use it in close range, its actually a decent weapon.

Now please, stop saying only casuals use them. Honestly, I don’t give a damn about your opinion, but theres no need to go hating on Ar users.

It was never good in H2, rarely good in H3, adequately good in HR, we’ll see for H4. It was a blast in HCE.
I hear the SAW will satiate my thirst to fullauto much the same way a mounted turret allows. Fullauto just hasn’t been the same since CE.

Yeah CE’s AR was lovely… we don’t need the larger clip anymore though the new AR really is powerful medium/close range.

The AR sucks, bottom line.

> The AR sucks, bottom line.

It kills people in a heartbeat so it clearly doesn’t lol…

[4’s AR]

> > The AR sucks, bottom line.
>
> It kills people in a heartbeat so it clearly doesn’t lol…
>
> [4’s AR]

In CE and CEA. It was better. Im not getting crap out of it in Reach. By the only automatice weapon i like is the Needler, and Spiker.

I would call that true if it wasn’t for the fact that untrained monkeys can use DMRs in Reach and Halo 2 BRs more effectively than ARs, SMGs, PRs, and Repeaters.

The fact is, Precision weapons need to be harder to use, and Automatics need a little more ground to stand on.

You are wrong.

The assault rifle is quite the deadly weapon in halo 4, the storm rifle as well.
I am quite skilled.

I don’t like the battle rifle and DMR as much as I like the assault rifle and storm rifle in halo 4.

> I would call that true if it wasn’t for the fact that untrained monkeys can use DMRs in Reach and Halo 2 BRs more effectively than ARs, SMGs, PRs, and Repeaters.
>
> The fact is, Precision weapons need to be harder to use, and Automatics need a little more ground to stand on.

What?

I’m sure you out-BR TSquared and Ogre 2 every day in Halo 2.

I believe AR could be made more viable by making burst firing actually beneficial by giving the weapon a headshot bonus. Not only would it make AR more viable choice at little outside its niche, but the weapon would also get an additional skill element it has needed for since Halo CE.

Such change wouldn’t really drastically change the game at general level, but would the AR a viable weapon for competitive gameplay in which it has been absent due to its limited usefulness and shallow skill gap. Personally, I’d be happy to see such a change in the future as I’ve always liked the potential the weapon has, but which has never been put into use.

If a weapon is useful, I will use it. They weren’t any good in Reach(thank God, the AR aims for you practically)

They were decent as a club in H2-3.

I will try them out in H4, but it always makes more sense to have a utility before a niche weapon.

> > I would call that true if it wasn’t for the fact that untrained monkeys can use DMRs in Reach and Halo 2 BRs more effectively than ARs, SMGs, PRs, and Repeaters.
> >
> > The fact is, Precision weapons need to be harder to use, and Automatics need a little more ground to stand on.
>
> What?
>
> I’m sure you out-BR TSquared and Ogre 2 every day in Halo 2.

Well now we’re getting into Button Glitches. Those aren’t 4-shots, those are Single, 2, or 3 shots with combinations of autofires, quad, and double shots.

But reread what I said “Untrained Monkeys in can use precisions “more effectively than” Automatics in Halo Reach and 2”

Which is true. Give one unskilled player a DMR, the other an AR, the one with the DMR will win, why? Because despite being quote “more skill reliant”, the precision weapon simply overpowers the automatic into submission, the problem? Too much aim assist, and too much power. (Well, too little for the AR I’d rather say, weapons don’t need slower kill times than they have in Reach, they need MUCH faster).

Now, equip that DMR player with a Magnum, and he will get slaughtered every time by the AR player. This is because the Magnum has VERY little aim assist and a shallow clip that pinishes missing severely. However, give a skilled player a Magnum and another one an AR, and the Magnum will win every time because HE can actually use the magnum to the maximum potential actually required to win.

The DMR/H2 BR doesn’t require maximum potential to defeat Automatics, not even close. All it requires is pointing and shooting over and over until you get a few lucky hits in.

> > > I would call that true if it wasn’t for the fact that untrained monkeys can use DMRs in Reach and Halo 2 BRs more effectively than ARs, SMGs, PRs, and Repeaters.
> > >
> > > The fact is, Precision weapons need to be harder to use, and Automatics need a little more ground to stand on.
> >
> > What?
> >
> > I’m sure you out-BR TSquared and Ogre 2 every day in Halo 2.
>
> Well now we’re getting into Button Glitches. Those aren’t 4-shots, those are Single, 2, or 3 shots with combinations of autofires, quad, and double shots.
>
> But reread what I said “Untrained Monkeys in can use precisions “more effectively than” Automatics in Halo Reach and 2”
>
> Which is true. Give one unskilled player a DMR, the other an AR, the one with the DMR will win, why? Because despite being quote “more skill reliant”, the precision weapon simply overpowers the automatic into submission, the problem? Too much aim assist, and too much power. (Well, too little for the AR I’d rather say, weapons don’t need slower kill times than they have in Reach, they need MUCH faster).

The DMR,and NR are Utility Weapons. If you match the AR with these two,it defeats the whole purpose.

> > > > I would call that true if it wasn’t for the fact that untrained monkeys can use DMRs in Reach and Halo 2 BRs more effectively than ARs, SMGs, PRs, and Repeaters.
> > > >
> > > > The fact is, Precision weapons need to be harder to use, and Automatics need a little more ground to stand on.
> > >
> > > What?
> > >
> > > I’m sure you out-BR TSquared and Ogre 2 every day in Halo 2.
> >
> > Well now we’re getting into Button Glitches. Those aren’t 4-shots, those are Single, 2, or 3 shots with combinations of autofires, quad, and double shots.
> >
> > But reread what I said “Untrained Monkeys in can use precisions “more effectively than” Automatics in Halo Reach and 2”
> >
> > Which is true. Give one unskilled player a DMR, the other an AR, the one with the DMR will win, why? Because despite being quote “more skill reliant”, the precision weapon simply overpowers the automatic into submission, the problem? Too much aim assist, and too much power. (Well, too little for the AR I’d rather say, weapons don’t need slower kill times than they have in Reach, they need MUCH faster).
>
> The DMR,and NR are Utility Weapons. If you match the AR with these two,it defeats the whole purpose.

What I’m saying is in relation to the OP’s post being wrong. His post says unskilled players kill faster/more effectively with Automatics than Precisions. I’m saying they don’t because Precisions traditionally don’t take too much skill to get a decent kill time with.

This isn’t about weapon niches.

> > > I would call that true if it wasn’t for the fact that untrained monkeys can use DMRs in Reach and Halo 2 BRs more effectively than ARs, SMGs, PRs, and Repeaters.
> > >
> > > The fact is, Precision weapons need to be harder to use, and Automatics need a little more ground to stand on.
> >
> > What?
> >
> > I’m sure you out-BR TSquared and Ogre 2 every day in Halo 2.
>
> Well now we’re getting into Button Glitches. Those aren’t 4-shots, those are Single, 2, or 3 shots with combinations of autofires, quad, and double shots.
>
> But reread what I said “Untrained Monkeys in can use precisions “more effectively than” Automatics in Halo Reach and 2”
>
> Which is true. Give one unskilled player a DMR, the other an AR, the one with the DMR will win, why? Because despite being quote “more skill reliant”, the precision weapon simply overpowers the automatic into submission, the problem? Too much aim assist, and too much power. (Well, too little for the AR I’d rather say, weapons don’t need slower kill times than they have in Reach, they need MUCH faster).
>
> Now, equip that DMR player with a Magnum, and he will get slaughtered every time by the AR player. This is because the Magnum has VERY little aim assist and a shallow clip that pinishes missing severely. However, give a skilled player a Magnum and another one an AR, and the Magnum will win every time because HE can actually use the magnum to the maximum potential actually required to win.
>
> The DMR/H2 BR doesn’t require maximum potential to defeat Automatics, not even close. All it requires is pointing and shooting over and over until you get a few lucky hits in.

Ahhh the “weaker gun=more skill” premise.

The BR is infinitely harder to aim than an automatic. For an Automatic user to beat a precision user, he is not relying on his skill, but the lack of skill or a mistake by the precision user.

This is because there is a larger aiming skillgap with a precision weapon. I have seen wild monkeys aim the AR successfully. I seldom see new players adequately use a precision weapon. That is the justification for the difference in power.

Edit: I do agree with you that precision weapons should be harder to use.

> >
>
> The DMR,and NR are Utility Weapons. If you match the AR with these two,it defeats the whole purpose.

It’s all a matter of range. I doubt a truly unskilled player can beat an AR in close range combat with a DMR. It’s only when you have a player with decent aim using the DMR when it beats the AR. AR should definitely have an advantage at such ranges, but it shouldn’t be a guaranteed win against an utility weapon. Mainly because that would beat the purpose of the utility which is to be best at longer ranges, viable at any range. Meaning that a skilled utility weapon user could be able to beat a less skilled automatic user at close range, but in case of equal skills the automatic user would have an advantage.

> > I would call that true if it wasn’t for the fact that untrained monkeys can use DMRs in Reach and Halo 2 BRs more effectively than ARs, SMGs, PRs, and Repeaters.
> >
> > The fact is, Precision weapons need to be harder to use, and Automatics need a little more ground to stand on.
>
> What?
>
> I’m sure you out-BR TSquared and Ogre 2 every day in Halo 2.

He’s not talking button combos, he’s talking aim-assists

> But from what I have seen… The Automatics absolutely dominate in close quarters.

Frankie said BR 's will be better for close range in Halo 4 now

> > > I would call that true if it wasn’t for the fact that untrained monkeys can use DMRs in Reach and Halo 2 BRs more effectively than ARs, SMGs, PRs, and Repeaters.
> > >
> > > The fact is, Precision weapons need to be harder to use, and Automatics need a little more ground to stand on.
> >
> > What?
> >
> > I’m sure you out-BR TSquared and Ogre 2 every day in Halo 2.
>
> He’s not talking button combos, he’s talking aim-assists

Speaking of noobified

> > > > I would call that true if it wasn’t for the fact that untrained monkeys can use DMRs in Reach and Halo 2 BRs more effectively than ARs, SMGs, PRs, and Repeaters.
> > > >
> > > > The fact is, Precision weapons need to be harder to use, and Automatics need a little more ground to stand on.
> > >
> > > What?
> > >
> > > I’m sure you out-BR TSquared and Ogre 2 every day in Halo 2.
> >
> > He’s not talking button combos, he’s talking aim-assists
>
> Speaking of noobified

Query, if the AR fullautos at medium-short and doesn’t kill but if bursted at that same range it does kill in nearly exactly the required bullets, what do we have?