Why Team Doubles is terrible

Team Doubles in Halo 5 is the worst Doubles playlist in Halo history. Let go over why this is…

Maps Mainly 4 Maps are played on (Eden, Empire, Molten, Regret) [Other maps get played too but no where near as often as those 4]
Game Types Arena Slayer… We went from having multiple game modes (KOTH, Odball, CTF, and Slayer) to one game mode…
Weapon spawn times In every map all power weapons spawn absurdly fast giving the team who initially got them in the first place majority of the time the win.
Camping Since Arena Slayer is the only game mode played there is usually a team crouching around the map to get easy kills.

Having all of these things together brings an absolute terrible experience for everyone.

> 2533274868618324;1:
> Team Doubles in Halo 5 is the worst Doubles playlist in Halo history. Let go over why this is…
>
> Maps Mainly 4 Maps are played on (Eden, Empire, Molten, Regret) [Other maps get played too but no where near as often as those 4]
> Game Types Arena Slayer… We went from having multiple game modes (KOTH, Odball, CTF, and Slayer) to one game mode…
> Weapon spawn times In every map all power weapons spawn absurdly fast giving the team who initially got them in the first place majority of the time the win.
> Camping Since Arena Slayer is the only game mode played there is usually a team crouching around the map to get easy kills.
>
> Having all of these things together brings an absolute terrible experience for everyone.

You only have 2 days of game time. Chill out. Play the game more and you might actually enjoy it

> 2533274924401014;2:
> > 2533274868618324;1:
> > Team Doubles in Halo 5 is the worst Doubles playlist in Halo history. Let go over why this is…
> >
> > Maps Mainly 4 Maps are played on (Eden, Empire, Molten, Regret) [Other maps get played too but no where near as often as those 4]
> > Game Types Arena Slayer… We went from having multiple game modes (KOTH, Odball, CTF, and Slayer) to one game mode…
> > Weapon spawn times In every map all power weapons spawn absurdly fast giving the team who initially got them in the first place majority of the time the win.
> > Camping Since Arena Slayer is the only game mode played there is usually a team crouching around the map to get easy kills.
> >
> > Having all of these things together brings an absolute terrible experience for everyone.
>
>
> You only have 2 days of game time. Chill out. Play the game more and you might actually enjoy it

The only thing I play on multiplayer is Arena and Doubles, everything I stated was true

I actually enjoy doubles but I agree that more maps should be added to the rotation cough cough PLAZA

> 2533274868618324;3:
> > 2533274924401014;2:
> > > 2533274868618324;1:
> > > Camping Since Arena Slayer is the only game mode played there is usually a team crouching around the map to get easy kills.

This is not COD. There is no such thing as camping in Halo. It is called being strategic.

> 2533274924401014;5:
> > 2533274868618324;3:
> > > 2533274924401014;2:
> > > > 2533274868618324;1:
> > > > Camping Since Arena Slayer is the only game mode played there is usually a team crouching around the map to get easy kills.
>
>
> This is not COD. There is no such thing as camping in Halo. It is called being strategic.

You call getting the shotgun or plasma caster and sitting in a corner a strategy?

> 2533274868618324;6:
> > 2533274924401014;5:
> > > 2533274868618324;3:
> > > > 2533274924401014;2:
> > > > > 2533274868618324;1:
> > > > > Camping Since Arena Slayer is the only game mode played there is usually a team crouching around the map to get easy kills.
> >
> >
> > This is not COD. There is no such thing as camping in Halo. It is called being strategic.
>
>
> You call getting the shotgun or plasma caster and sitting in a corner a strategy?

It’s a strategy to some players who rather stay alive over running with guns blazing and getting steamrolled against multiple enemies

> 2533275008181400;7:
> > 2533274868618324;6:
> > > 2533274924401014;5:
> > > > 2533274868618324;3:
> > > > > 2533274924401014;2:
> > > > > > 2533274868618324;1:
> > > > > > Camping Since Arena Slayer is the only game mode played there is usually a team crouching around the map to get easy kills.
> > >
> > >
> > > This is not COD. There is no such thing as camping in Halo. It is called being strategic.
> >
> >
> > You call getting the shotgun or plasma caster and sitting in a corner a strategy?
>
>
> It’s a strategy to some players who rather stay alive over running with guns blazing and getting steamrolled against multiple enemies

Spotted the camper

Halo 5 lacks objective gameplay unfortunately. All we have is generic supposed competitive game modes used in e-sport.

> 2535456165221911;9:
> Halo 5 lacks objective gameplay unfortunately. All we have is generic supposed competitive game modes used in e-sport.

This could be fixed easily in a simple content update, 6 major updates later and no new game modes. Just more pointless REQ’s

> 2533274868618324;10:
> > 2535456165221911;9:
> > Halo 5 lacks objective gameplay unfortunately. All we have is generic supposed competitive game modes used in e-sport.
>
>
> This could be fixed easily in a simple content update, 6 major updates later and no new game modes. Just more pointless REQ’s

343 is just lazy or doesn’t want to do work. Coding doesn’t take that long time when it comes to adding game mode to the game. There is bit complex stuff behind code, but for professional developers like 343, it will be a easy job for them. Importantly, it’s odd that 343 doesn’t have their new, creative, and fun game mode present in Halo 5 and couldn’t manage to add game modes from past. 7 months for Infection, shocking.

> 2533274868618324;6:
> > 2533274924401014;5:
> > > 2533274868618324;3:
> > > > 2533274924401014;2:
> > > > > 2533274868618324;1:
> > > > > Camping Since Arena Slayer is the only game mode played there is usually a team crouching around the map to get easy kills.
> >
> >
> > This is not COD. There is no such thing as camping in Halo. It is called being strategic.
>
>
> You call getting the shotgun or plasma caster and sitting in a corner a strategy?

Why don’t you find a way to counter the camper, then? There is no honor system in Halo, and if any type of strategy works for a particular individual, then you and I should also be able to counter it. It’s like in fighting games, where people complain when someone else does the same moves over and over again. If they’re doing the same thing, then why can’t you adapt to the situation, counter their play style, and kick their bloody -Yoink-?

> 2535456165221911;11:
> > 2533274868618324;10:
> > > 2535456165221911;9:
> > > Halo 5 lacks objective gameplay unfortunately. All we have is generic supposed competitive game modes used in e-sport.
> >
> >
> > This could be fixed easily in a simple content update, 6 major updates later and no new game modes. Just more pointless REQ’s
>
>
> 343 is just lazy or doesn’t want to do work. Coding doesn’t take that long time when it comes to adding game mode to the game. There is bit complex stuff behind code, but for professional developers like 343, it will be a easy job for them. Importantly, it’s odd that 343 doesn’t have their new, creative, and fun game mode present in Halo 5 and couldn’t manage to add game modes from past. 7 months for Infection, shocking.

I wouldn’t say they are lazy but they are focusing too much on the new crowd of players instead of the players who have been play since Halo: CE which I am one who has been playing since then. A lack of game modes holds back forge and I think it’s something they don’t realize, people have to mimic invasion and king of the hill because Halo 5 doesn’t have the game modes.

> 2535414567736370;12:
> > 2533274868618324;6:
> > > 2533274924401014;5:
> > > > 2533274868618324;3:
> > > > > 2533274924401014;2:
> > > > > > 2533274868618324;1:
> > > > > > Camping Since Arena Slayer is the only game mode played there is usually a team crouching around the map to get easy kills.
> > >
> > >
> > > This is not COD. There is no such thing as camping in Halo. It is called being strategic.
> >
> >
> > You call getting the shotgun or plasma caster and sitting in a corner a strategy?
>
>
> Why don’t you find a way to counter the camper, then? There is no honor system in Halo, and if any type of strategy works for a particular individual, then you and I should also be able to counter it. It’s like in fighting games, where people complain when someone else does the same moves over and over again. If they’re doing the same thing, then why can’t you adapt to the situation, counter their play style, and kick their bloody -Yoink-?

Because who wan’ts to play out a drawn out long match that has 0 action? Having to check every corner is hard with a controller and since most maps have three levels there’s no telling where they could be hiding. I don’t play multiplayer to do a game of Cat and Mouse.

People camping the entire game with an assault rifle around a corner is what makes doubles terrible in this game. Get rid of the radar and it’ll make the crouching around corners useless. Also, strongholds was the worst idea for a game type. Halo has always had koth, not domination copied from call of duty.

> 2533274924401014;5:
> > 2533274868618324;3:
> > > 2533274924401014;2:
> > > > 2533274868618324;1:
> > > > Camping Since Arena Slayer is the only game mode played there is usually a team crouching around the map to get easy kills.
>
> This is not COD. There is no such thing as camping in Halo. It is called being strategic.

Camping is in every FPS game. Don’t act like Halo is special and that all players are playing fair. I mean hell, Halo invented tea bagging for -Yoinks!- sake. (At least I think Halo did.)

I go into doubles solo sometimes just for kicks. It’s an adventure lol. As far as camping, most people run around the maps in predictable patterns. The maps are circular. I can run around and meet the enemy wherever, or stay in an area where I have an advantage and wait for the enemy to make another lap around the map. Easy choice. True camping will only net you a couple kills before a grenade lands in your lap, defending an area can work for a long time.

> 2533274829622514;15:
> People camping the entire game with an assault rifle around a corner is what makes doubles terrible in this game. Get rid of the radar and it’ll make the crouching around corners useless. Also, strongholds was the worst idea for a game type. Halo has always had koth, not domination copied from call of duty.

Please don’t revive old threads.

> 2533274925370623;18:
> > 2533274829622514;15:
> > People camping the entire game with an assault rifle around a corner is what makes doubles terrible in this game. Get rid of the radar and it’ll make the crouching around corners useless. Also, strongholds was the worst idea for a game type. Halo has always had koth, not domination copied from call of duty.
>
> Please don’t revive old threads.