Why specifically the COD franchise?

I totally understand why people are having issues regarding changes made by 343 but why are people comparing the game specifically to COD? There are tonnes of other games with halo 4’s new features. Every game has loadouts, battlefield 3, max Payne 3, backlight: tango down, etc.

It seems that people are so obsessed with the idea of COD competition that they have forgotten that these are features that appear in every kind of game, no matter what genre.

Like I said, I get it, halo 4 has some new features that worry some of you, but guys, c’mon, it’s not just COD, is it? It’s as if since someone mentioned that halo 4 has COD features, every one has become blind to the idea of franchise progression and are actually entertaining the ridiculous notion that 343i sat down and genuinely said “cod has some new features this year, let’s take them all”.

Halo and CoD have been competitors for a long time. So it’s only natural to compare the two.

I think it’s because COD popularised the the concepts in question. I hear people giving many other examples from games before COD.

It’s the same with Gears, and Horde mode. The idea of fighting of waves of enemies has been around before, but Gears seemed to really bring it under the spotlight, which has meant that it’s referenced whenever something similar is done later.

For the two reasons about me. Ghost Recon FS employs some CoD concepts for a third person game.

Halo 4 =/= COD

It may seem that the features are the same, but implemented into the game itself is drastically different.

Examples:
Custom classes in Cod allow you to spawn in with snipers and RPG-7’s, in Halo 4 you spawn in with balanced rifles

POD drops in Halo 4 give you weapons or powerups, in COD care packages and killstreaks give you air sentries or juggernauts

Call of Duty brought back alot of older ideas with a few new twists and popularized them again for modern shooters.

While they may not have invented the majority of the content found in the series much of its reassurgence in other titles is due to CoD making it “fun” and popular again after how long Arena shooters dominated the FPS scene.

This is pretty much why everyone starts comparing any game to the Fish based series when anything non-arena starts coming into it. It casts a long shadow and everyone knows they can find something in it to make major or minor correlations to.

It has been this way since the dawn gaming !

But seriously Fan boys just like to throw dirt in each other’s faces about their perfered FPS no matter how different it is.

> It has been this way since the dawn gaming !
>
> But seriously Fan boys just like to throw dirt in each other’s faces about their perfered FPS no matter how different it is.

So no game has ever had an original idea? You sir, are stewing in your own ignorance.

> > It has been this way since the dawn gaming !
> >
> > But seriously Fan boys just like to throw dirt in each other’s faces about their perfered FPS no matter how different it is.
>
> So no game has ever had an original idea? You sir, are stewing in your own ignorance.

… where in my entire post did you ever find evidence supporting that idea ? I honestly think your just pulling thoughts out of your -Yoink-, sir.

Halo 4 is compared to cod, because cod has been the most modern popular fps game out there. People are of course going to look at cod first. These halo 4 features are similar to cod…that’s why…

> Halo 4 =/= COD
>
> It may seem that the features are the same, but implemented into the game itself is drastically different.
>
> Examples:
> Custom classes in Cod allow you to spawn in with snipers and RPG-7’s, in Halo 4 you spawn in with balanced rifles
>
> POD drops in Halo 4 give you weapons or powerups, in COD care packages and killstreaks give you air sentries or juggernauts

I hate RPGs so much.

People have always put Halo and CoD up as competitors. It’s an attempt to make the ultimate insult.

Loadouts
Perks
Killstreaks
Bloom

Because 50 million people didn’t buy or play back light or tango down. It’s a popular game with similarities, so people make the comparison. Doesn’t really matter what game it is, if it wasn’t CoD it would be something else so no point in arguing it. Whatever, I like both games, no hate here.

> Loadouts
> Perks
> Killstreaks
> Bloom

COD invented loadouts?
Ordinance gives you the same stuff as killstreaks?
Bloom is a defining factor of CoD?

Well, I agree. This game is more like Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 than anything. HUD sway, load outs, and many other items were definitely present in Crysis and load outs were in Battlefield 3…

OUTDATED

> Loadouts
> Perks
> Killstreaks
> Bloom

Bloom in CoD ?

> Call of Duty brought back alot of older ideas with a few new twists and popularized them again for modern shooters.
>
> While they may not have invented the majority of the content found in the series much of its reassurgence in other titles is due to CoD making it “fun” and popular again after how long Arena shooters dominated the FPS scene.
>
> This is pretty much why everyone starts comparing any game to the Fish based series when anything non-arena starts coming into it. It casts a long shadow and everyone knows they can find something in it to make major or minor correlations to.

I like you, you know things.

> For the two reasons about me. Ghost Recon FS employs some CoD concepts for a third person game.

… Ghost Recon and Rainbow6 were giving the experience that heavily influenced MW’s design long before MW was conceived.
The “gadget” and loadout set is more akin to Battleflield’s than it is CoD’s too boot.

And this brings me to my point, many people who accuse others of copying generally lack the experience to know where the copying is truly coming from, if it is even copying in the first place.
And for that, CoD is popular so anything that CoD does, another game is copying, even if another game was doing those mechanics long before CoD adopted them.