Why so much secrecy surrounding the new helmet and career milestones?

I am starting to loose all faith in 343i even before they take over the reigns from Bungie, why you might ask…

Well the 2 extra career milestones we were promised with the Halo Waypoint update in April never happened.

Also the many many questions the community has asked about the new helmet and armor piece spotted in the Defiant PR photos has fallen on deaf ears.

Is this the start of things we can expect in the future?

Come on 343i show us you care.

How many times do you need to be told that they did add the milestones, just cause your oblivious doesn’t make it 343’s fault.

Marketing is a cruel, cruel thing. But it serves it’s purpose. Trickling down information at their pace doesn’t mean they don’t care or love you less. When the time is right, information will come. Not just when we want it.

And they did add two more milestones for the record.

> Marketing is a cruel, cruel thing. But it serves it’s purpose. Trickling down information at their pace doesn’t mean they don’t care or love you less. When the time is right, information will come. Not just when we want it.
>
> And they did add two more milestones for the record.

How come I don’t see the extra milestones, I still see 64 and by my accounting when we had 64 before the update and now we still have 64 I fail to see that 2 extra has been added.

> > Marketing is a cruel, cruel thing. But it serves it’s purpose. Trickling down information at their pace doesn’t mean they don’t care or love you less. When the time is right, information will come. Not just when we want it.
> >
> > And they did add two more milestones for the record.
>
> How come I don’t see the extra milestones, I still see 64 and by my accounting when we had 64 before the update and now we still have 64 I fail to see that 2 extra has been added.

Actually wasnt the Milestones 62? then it changedto 64…im pretty sure im right. Also i sense Twinkie knows something we dont. Lets beat it out of twinkie!..eww haha.

> > > Marketing is a cruel, cruel thing. But it serves it’s purpose. Trickling down information at their pace doesn’t mean they don’t care or love you less. When the time is right, information will come. Not just when we want it.
> > >
> > > And they did add two more milestones for the record.
> >
> > How come I don’t see the extra milestones, I still see 64 and by my accounting when we had 64 before the update and now we still have 64 I fail to see that 2 extra has been added.
>
> Actually wasnt the Milestones 62? then it changedto 64…im pretty sure im right. Also i sense Twinkie knows something we dont. Lets beat it out of twinkie!..eww haha.

LOL you must have me confused with an actual 343 employee. I know nothing more than any of you. But yes, I do believe they went from 62 to 64.

yes 62->64

As most of you probably already know, there was a pic released of the fabled BOB helmet which was shown in Reach. http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz289/xxoACEoxx/New_Armor.jpg Here’s what we know already: The photo is not fake, it is clearly depicted on Condemned of the defiant map pack which was created by 343. Here’s what we don’t know: When and if the armor will be added, if 343 is just messing with us. There has been evidence supporting the creation of new armor in general such as black armor that is usable for multiplayer, player models on Halo Chess with armor perms not currently available, and the flame trail seen in power slayer and classic slayer which has previously never been seen before. This picture was released about a month before defiant on IGN and was seen on the Xbox dashboard so it can’t be fake. Back then many people were intrigued by the photo and were very interested in the possibility of new armor, but unfortunately now people are losing interest because we’ve gone so long without a solid yes or no answer. 343, all I ask is that you stop stringing people along because you’re starting to lose them, could you please tell us if there’s new armor, or if there is some requirement needed to unlock it? I’m sure the entire Halo community would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: Please post to help this thread go along a bit.

There is one thing common to every single Halo game: Mystery…

> There is one thing common to every single Halo game: Mystery…

Unfortunately a lot of people are losing interest in this one.

Whoa wait, we merged threads? How?

> Whoa wait, we merged threads? How?

Just a guess. Look at question 6.

Link

> > Whoa wait, we merged threads? How?
>
> Just a guess. Look at question 6.
>
> Link

Oh, k thanks

> > There is one thing common to every single Halo game: Mystery…
>
> Unfortunately a lot of people are losing interest in this one.

The fact that this thread exists tells me people aren’t losing interest.

> Whoa wait, we merged threads? How?

See! Another mystery…

> As most of you probably already know, there was a pic released of the fabled BOB helmet which was shown in Reach. http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz289/xxoACEoxx/New_Armor.jpg Here’s what we know already: The photo is not fake, it is clearly depicted on Condemned of the defiant map pack which was created by 343. Here’s what we don’t know: When and if the armor will be added, if 343 is just messing with us. There has been evidence supporting the creation of new armor in general such as black armor that is usable for multiplayer, player models on Halo Chess with armor perms not currently available, and the flame trail seen in power slayer and classic slayer which has previously never been seen before. This picture was released about a month before defiant on IGN and was seen on the Xbox dashboard so it can’t be fake. Back then many people were intrigued by the photo and were very interested in the possibility of new armor, but unfortunately now people are losing interest because we’ve gone so long without a solid yes or no answer. 343, all I ask is that you stop stringing people along because you’re starting to lose them, could you please tell us if there’s new armor, or if there is some requirement needed to unlock it? I’m sure the entire Halo community would greatly appreciate it.
>
> EDIT: Please post to help this thread go along a bit.

You got your -Yoink!- in a bind there.

The “mysterious” armour in the early promo pictures has no official name or association. You are calling the BOB helmet for some reason but you must have have made that up. I call it the WHOOPSIE helm.

Since the initial pre-release promo images, it has not appeared in any official media. What does this mean? Well, nobody knows except for 343i. It could have been a deliberate tease or it could have been a mistake which has since been corrected. 343i folks must be working on all kinds of things and mistakes can happen and the only thing we have know is that they won’t talk about it.

We were never promised extra helmets or armour or anything of the sort. It was never described or labelled as a feature or anything. The absence of new armour is completely expected.

Your claims about being strung along by 343i are without any sort of merit. No promises have been made here or broken. There are no hidden requirements or deep secrets.

Your “evidence” wouldn’t even please an elementary conspiracy theorist. The models from the Chess variant are all on the disc and already pre-baked on the maps. They are campaign models mixed with multiplayer models. Bungie used an internal scripting engine to produce Chess and this tool allows them to tweak the engine rules to allow them to change game rules and this includes pulling biped models from the campaign. The black colour is also on the disc too, even if players can’t normally use it.

Just to spell it out clearly, Chess only uses models and features already on the disc.

The flame trail feature you mention is also a feature already in the game. The game can make any item produce a trail of flames. You can see this in Headhunter when skulls are given this property. This is a feature that players do not access to but is already present. The same scripting engine that Bungie uses internally (and the same one that made Chess) allows Bungie to assign this flame property to other objects, and this has resulted in the flame effect seen in Classic Slayer and Power Slayer.

There is no evidence here of new armour of Bungie or 343i lying to us or making false promises. =)

> > As most of you probably already know, there was a pic released of the fabled BOB helmet which was shown in Reach. http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz289/xxoACEoxx/New_Armor.jpg Here’s what we know already: The photo is not fake, it is clearly depicted on Condemned of the defiant map pack which was created by 343. Here’s what we don’t know: When and if the armor will be added, if 343 is just messing with us. There has been evidence supporting the creation of new armor in general such as black armor that is usable for multiplayer, player models on Halo Chess with armor perms not currently available, and the flame trail seen in power slayer and classic slayer which has previously never been seen before. This picture was released about a month before defiant on IGN and was seen on the Xbox dashboard so it can’t be fake. Back then many people were intrigued by the photo and were very interested in the possibility of new armor, but unfortunately now people are losing interest because we’ve gone so long without a solid yes or no answer. 343, all I ask is that you stop stringing people along because you’re starting to lose them, could you please tell us if there’s new armor, or if there is some requirement needed to unlock it? I’m sure the entire Halo community would greatly appreciate it.
> >
> > EDIT: Please post to help this thread go along a bit.
>
> You got your -Yoink!- in a bind there.
>
> The “mysterious” armour in the early promo pictures has no official name or association. You are calling the BOB helmet for some reason but you must have have made that up. I call it the WHOOPSIE helm.
>
> Since the initial pre-release promo images, it has not appeared in any official media. What does this mean? Well, nobody knows except for 343i. It could have been a deliberate tease or it could have been a mistake which has since been corrected. 343i folks must be working on all kinds of things and mistakes can happen and the only thing we have know is that they won’t talk about it.
>
> We were never promised extra helmets or armour or anything of the sort. It was never described or labelled as a feature or anything. The absence of new armour is completely expected.
>
> Your claims about being strung along by 343i are without any sort of merit. No promises have been made here or broken. There are no hidden requirements or deep secrets.
>
> Your “evidence” wouldn’t even please an elementary conspiracy theorist. The models from the Chess variant are all on the disc and already pre-baked on the maps. They are campaign models mixed with multiplayer models. Bungie used an internal scripting engine to produce Chess and this tool allows them to tweak the engine rules to allow them to change game rules and this includes pulling biped models from the campaign. The black colour is also on the disc too, even if players can’t normally use it.
>
> Just to spell it out clearly, Chess only uses models and features already on the disc.
>
> The flame trail feature you mention is also a feature already in the game. The game can make any item produce a trail of flames. You can see this in Headhunter when skulls are given this property. This is a feature that players do not access to but is already present. The same scripting engine that Bungie uses internally (and the same one that made Chess) allows Bungie to assign this flame property to other objects, and this has resulted in the flame effect seen in Classic Slayer and Power Slayer.
>
> There is no evidence here of new armour of Bungie or 343i lying to us or making false promises. =)

One thing! the picture was not only used Pre-Released. If you didint read correctly after the Map pack had come out im talking about 1 week after here there was a picture of the Mystery helmet on the dashboard which linked to buy the map pack. Pre-release?i thinks not!

> > > As most of you probably already know, there was a pic released of the fabled BOB helmet which was shown in Reach. http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz289/xxoACEoxx/New_Armor.jpg Here’s what we know already: The photo is not fake, it is clearly depicted on Condemned of the defiant map pack which was created by 343. Here’s what we don’t know: When and if the armor will be added, if 343 is just messing with us. There has been evidence supporting the creation of new armor in general such as black armor that is usable for multiplayer, player models on Halo Chess with armor perms not currently available, and the flame trail seen in power slayer and classic slayer which has previously never been seen before. This picture was released about a month before defiant on IGN and was seen on the Xbox dashboard so it can’t be fake. Back then many people were intrigued by the photo and were very interested in the possibility of new armor, but unfortunately now people are losing interest because we’ve gone so long without a solid yes or no answer. 343, all I ask is that you stop stringing people along because you’re starting to lose them, could you please tell us if there’s new armor, or if there is some requirement needed to unlock it? I’m sure the entire Halo community would greatly appreciate it.
> > >
> > > EDIT: Please post to help this thread go along a bit.
> >
> > You got your -Yoink!- in a bind there.
> >
> > The “mysterious” armour in the early promo pictures has no official name or association. You are calling the BOB helmet for some reason but you must have have made that up. I call it the WHOOPSIE helm.
> >
> > Since the initial pre-release promo images, it has not appeared in any official media. What does this mean? Well, nobody knows except for 343i. It could have been a deliberate tease or it could have been a mistake which has since been corrected. 343i folks must be working on all kinds of things and mistakes can happen and the only thing we have know is that they won’t talk about it.
> >
> > We were never promised extra helmets or armour or anything of the sort. It was never described or labelled as a feature or anything. The absence of new armour is completely expected.
> >
> > Your claims about being strung along by 343i are without any sort of merit. No promises have been made here or broken. There are no hidden requirements or deep secrets.
> >
> > Your “evidence” wouldn’t even please an elementary conspiracy theorist. The models from the Chess variant are all on the disc and already pre-baked on the maps. They are campaign models mixed with multiplayer models. Bungie used an internal scripting engine to produce Chess and this tool allows them to tweak the engine rules to allow them to change game rules and this includes pulling biped models from the campaign. The black colour is also on the disc too, even if players can’t normally use it.
> >
> > Just to spell it out clearly, Chess only uses models and features already on the disc.
> >
> > The flame trail feature you mention is also a feature already in the game. The game can make any item produce a trail of flames. You can see this in Headhunter when skulls are given this property. This is a feature that players do not access to but is already present. The same scripting engine that Bungie uses internally (and the same one that made Chess) allows Bungie to assign this flame property to other objects, and this has resulted in the flame effect seen in Classic Slayer and Power Slayer.
> >
> > There is no evidence here of new armour of Bungie or 343i lying to us or making false promises. =)
>
> One thing! the picture was not only used Pre-Released. If you didint read correctly after the Map pack had come out im talking about 1 week after here there was a picture of the Mystery helmet on the dashboard which linked to buy the map pack. Pre-release?i thinks not!

While I’m not dismissing the possibility that their is a hidden/locked piece of armor in Reach, you need to remember that these Maps have been in production for a little more than a year. Certain Affinity were building these maps before they had final game engines from Bungie. It is quite possible that the infamous screenshot you are referring to was taken using a pre-release version of the game. That means it it could be showing a helmet that was changed or removed before the game actually shipped.

> > > > As most of you probably already know, there was a pic released of the fabled BOB helmet which was shown in Reach. http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz289/xxoACEoxx/New_Armor.jpg Here’s what we know already: The photo is not fake, it is clearly depicted on Condemned of the defiant map pack which was created by 343. Here’s what we don’t know: When and if the armor will be added, if 343 is just messing with us. There has been evidence supporting the creation of new armor in general such as black armor that is usable for multiplayer, player models on Halo Chess with armor perms not currently available, and the flame trail seen in power slayer and classic slayer which has previously never been seen before. This picture was released about a month before defiant on IGN and was seen on the Xbox dashboard so it can’t be fake. Back then many people were intrigued by the photo and were very interested in the possibility of new armor, but unfortunately now people are losing interest because we’ve gone so long without a solid yes or no answer. 343, all I ask is that you stop stringing people along because you’re starting to lose them, could you please tell us if there’s new armor, or if there is some requirement needed to unlock it? I’m sure the entire Halo community would greatly appreciate it.
> > > >
> > > > EDIT: Please post to help this thread go along a bit.
> > >
> > > You got your -Yoink!- in a bind there.
> > >
> > > The “mysterious” armour in the early promo pictures has no official name or association. You are calling the BOB helmet for some reason but you must have have made that up. I call it the WHOOPSIE helm.
> > >
> > > Since the initial pre-release promo images, it has not appeared in any official media. What does this mean? Well, nobody knows except for 343i. It could have been a deliberate tease or it could have been a mistake which has since been corrected. 343i folks must be working on all kinds of things and mistakes can happen and the only thing we have know is that they won’t talk about it.
> > >
> > > We were never promised extra helmets or armour or anything of the sort. It was never described or labelled as a feature or anything. The absence of new armour is completely expected.
> > >
> > > Your claims about being strung along by 343i are without any sort of merit. No promises have been made here or broken. There are no hidden requirements or deep secrets.
> > >
> > > Your “evidence” wouldn’t even please an elementary conspiracy theorist. The models from the Chess variant are all on the disc and already pre-baked on the maps. They are campaign models mixed with multiplayer models. Bungie used an internal scripting engine to produce Chess and this tool allows them to tweak the engine rules to allow them to change game rules and this includes pulling biped models from the campaign. The black colour is also on the disc too, even if players can’t normally use it.
> > >
> > > Just to spell it out clearly, Chess only uses models and features already on the disc.
> > >
> > > The flame trail feature you mention is also a feature already in the game. The game can make any item produce a trail of flames. You can see this in Headhunter when skulls are given this property. This is a feature that players do not access to but is already present. The same scripting engine that Bungie uses internally (and the same one that made Chess) allows Bungie to assign this flame property to other objects, and this has resulted in the flame effect seen in Classic Slayer and Power Slayer.
> > >
> > > There is no evidence here of new armour of Bungie or 343i lying to us or making false promises. =)
> >
> > One thing! the picture was not only used Pre-Released. If you didint read correctly after the Map pack had come out im talking about 1 week after here there was a picture of the Mystery helmet on the dashboard which linked to buy the map pack. Pre-release?i thinks not!
>
> While I’m not dismissing the possibility that their is a hidden/locked piece of armor in Reach, you need to remember that these Maps have been in production for a little more than a year. Certain Affinity were building these maps before they had final game engines from Bungie. It is quite possible that the infamous screenshot you are referring to was taken using a pre-release version of the game. That means it it could be showing a helmet that was changed or removed before the game actually shipped.

About you’re comment on me having no basis on calling the helmet “BOB” that’s not true, based on how the helmet looks like it was based off a character called BOB from Bungie’s game, Marathon.

While, I can’t speak on either Bungie or 343’s behalf, I think we’ll be seeing information trickle out on this soon. I spend time over the Bungie.net forums quite frequently and their updates seem to suggest that the transition period of handing the Halo franchise directly into 343’s hands is coming to a close.

It only makes sense that we’ll start to catch glimpses into the secrets awaiting us at that time. For now, indulge in the knowledge that there is a mystery surrounding Reach.

Whether it is disk locked content or something more grand, either way it’ll be awesome and truly bring in the 10th year of Halo with style.

I have all career milestones, and Halo 2 pc achievements and no new helmet as of yet.