Why so much hate?

Halo Waypoint is seemingly just a tool for people to unleash their hate on 343i. If everybody hates Halo 5, then why do you still play it? You obviously care about the game. Plus, things can’t be fixed immediately. It takes time to make Maps, balance weapons, create gamemodes, and make other content. Just give 343i some time. Sure they’ve made some slipups in the past, but mistakes are what make us human. If you want to suggest something, at least do it in a polite fashion. I personally love Halo 5, even though it may have some problems. Just give 343i a chance to fix the game before you treat them like dirt!

> 2533274850614519;1:
> You obviously care about the game.

This is why there’s so many responses. Whether it’s polite or not people are putting in their concerns and what they think needs scrapped or improved upon. I too would love a polite only forums but you’re dealing with a multitude of opinions and personalities, it’s just not going to happen. There are lots of unconstructive posts, some are repeated multiple times which serves no purpose. As long as people are saying what was done right and what can be improved upon/changed them that’s all that matters when it comes to gaming forums.

> 2533274850614519;1:
> Halo Waypoint is seemingly just a tool for people to unleash their hate on 343i. If everybody hates Halo 5, then why do you still play it? You obviously care about the game. Plus, things can’t be fixed immediately. It takes time to make Maps, balance weapons, create gamemodes, and make other content. Just give 343i some time. Sure they’ve made some slipups in the past, but mistakes are what make us human. If you want to suggest something, at least do it in a polite fashion. I personally love Halo 5, even though it may have some problems. Just give 343i a chance to fix the game before you treat them like dirt!

Because they’re incompetent. They’ve added in “free” DLC which really should have been there at launch.

They’ve added in playlists, only to remove them again. That leaves us with a bare minimum of playlists.

They won’t give us regional server selection, even though there is a 150 page thread asking for it.

There’s constant server bugs, lags, disconnects. People are lagging out and disconnecting, there’s 100s of threads on this forum about it.

For the most part they completely ignore us, there’s no phone number we can contact, and all we can do is complain here. So don’t you dare tell us that we shouldn’t bring up problems here, when it’s the only place available to us. If you don’t like it, don’t read the post and move on.

Anyhow, why are you defending Microsoft? Have some decency and defend the little guy, the multi billion ££ corporation doesn’t’ really need your help.

People are really passionate about Halo, and for a franchise that has been marinating for 15 years people are likely to have a wide array of opinions about it. There are so many different components and design decisions over the life of the franchise that people will gravitate to different aspects they like.

> 2533274792641480;3:
> Anyhow, why are you defending Microsoft? Have some decency and defend the little guy, the multi billion ££ corporation doesn’t’ really need your help.

Well, nobody’s defending anybody, but Microsoft has given me a game franchise that I’ve spent countless hours in for a decade and a half, and a bunch of these little guys have done nothing more than give me a headache with their whining. So…

You just answered your own question, they criticize it BECAUSE they love it. They want it to get better

> 2533274792641480;3:
> > 2533274850614519;1:
> > Halo Waypoint is seemingly just a tool for people to unleash their hate on 343i. If everybody hates Halo 5, then why do you still play it? You obviously care about the game. Plus, things can’t be fixed immediately. It takes time to make Maps, balance weapons, create gamemodes, and make other content. Just give 343i some time. Sure they’ve made some slipups in the past, but mistakes are what make us human. If you want to suggest something, at least do it in a polite fashion. I personally love Halo 5, even though it may have some problems. Just give 343i a chance to fix the game before you treat them like dirt!
>
>
> Because they’re incompetent. They’ve added in “free” DLC which really should have been there at launch.
>
> They’ve added in playlists, only to remove them again. That leaves us with a bare minimum of playlists.
>
> They won’t give us regional server selection, even though there is a 150 page thread asking for it.
>
> There’s constant server bugs, lags, disconnects. People are lagging out and disconnecting, there’s 100s of threads on this forum about it.
>
> For the most part they completely ignore us, there’s no phone number we can contact, and all we can do is complain here. So don’t you dare tell us that we shouldn’t bring up problems here, when it’s the only place available to us. If you don’t like it, don’t read the post and move on.
>
> Anyhow, why are you defending Microsoft? Have some decency and defend the little guy, the multi billion ££ corporation doesn’t’ really need your help.

I’m not defending Microsoft, I’m defending 343i. I’m not saying you shouldn’t complain, but that everybody shouldn’t be so rushing and demanding. There are obviously problems with Halo 5, but 343i needs the time to be able to fix them. They’re working on fixing Halo 5’s problems, so be patient. Don’t worry, we’ll get another pizza skin soon :wink:

> 2533274850614519;6:
> > 2533274792641480;3:
> > > 2533274850614519;1:
> > > Halo Waypoint is seemingly just a tool for people to unleash their hate on 343i. If everybody hates Halo 5, then why do you still play it? You obviously care about the game. Plus, things can’t be fixed immediately. It takes time to make Maps, balance weapons, create gamemodes, and make other content. Just give 343i some time. Sure they’ve made some slipups in the past, but mistakes are what make us human. If you want to suggest something, at least do it in a polite fashion. I personally love Halo 5, even though it may have some problems. Just give 343i a chance to fix the game before you treat them like dirt!
> >
> >
> > Because they’re incompetent. They’ve added in “free” DLC which really should have been there at launch.
> >
> > They’ve added in playlists, only to remove them again. That leaves us with a bare minimum of playlists.
> >
> > They won’t give us regional server selection, even though there is a 150 page thread asking for it.
> >
> > There’s constant server bugs, lags, disconnects. People are lagging out and disconnecting, there’s 100s of threads on this forum about it.
> >
> > For the most part they completely ignore us, there’s no phone number we can contact, and all we can do is complain here. So don’t you dare tell us that we shouldn’t bring up problems here, when it’s the only place available to us. If you don’t like it, don’t read the post and move on.
> >
> > Anyhow, why are you defending Microsoft? Have some decency and defend the little guy, the multi billion ££ corporation doesn’t’ really need your help.
>
>
> I’m not defending Microsoft, I’m defending 343i. I’m not saying you shouldn’t complain, but that everybody shouldn’t be so rushing and demanding. There are obviously problems with Halo 5, but 343i needs the time to be able to fix them. They’re working on fixing Halo 5’s problems, so be patient. Don’t worry, we’ll get another pizza skin soon :wink:

Just like they promised to fix MCC? 343 so far is the biggest incompetent company I’ve ever seen, and that says alot.

I don’t understand it either. Unlike most “fans” out there I am able to actually appreciate and enjoy all that this game has to offer instead of whine and take it for granted.

> 2535464169630092;7:
> > 2533274850614519;6:
> > > 2533274792641480;3:
> > > > 2533274850614519;1:
> > > > Halo Waypoint is seemingly just a tool for people to unleash their hate on 343i. If everybody hates Halo 5, then why do you still play it? You obviously care about the game. Plus, things can’t be fixed immediately. It takes time to make Maps, balance weapons, create gamemodes, and make other content. Just give 343i some time. Sure they’ve made some slipups in the past, but mistakes are what make us human. If you want to suggest something, at least do it in a polite fashion. I personally love Halo 5, even though it may have some problems. Just give 343i a chance to fix the game before you treat them like dirt!
> > >
> > >
> > > Because they’re incompetent. They’ve added in “free” DLC which really should have been there at launch.
> > >
> > > They’ve added in playlists, only to remove them again. That leaves us with a bare minimum of playlists.
> > >
> > > They won’t give us regional server selection, even though there is a 150 page thread asking for it.
> > >
> > > There’s constant server bugs, lags, disconnects. People are lagging out and disconnecting, there’s 100s of threads on this forum about it.
> > >
> > > For the most part they completely ignore us, there’s no phone number we can contact, and all we can do is complain here. So don’t you dare tell us that we shouldn’t bring up problems here, when it’s the only place available to us. If you don’t like it, don’t read the post and move on.
> > >
> > > Anyhow, why are you defending Microsoft? Have some decency and defend the little guy, the multi billion ££ corporation doesn’t’ really need your help.
> >
> >
> > I’m not defending Microsoft, I’m defending 343i. I’m not saying you shouldn’t complain, but that everybody shouldn’t be so rushing and demanding. There are obviously problems with Halo 5, but 343i needs the time to be able to fix them. They’re working on fixing Halo 5’s problems, so be patient. Don’t worry, we’ll get another pizza skin soon :wink:
>
>
> Just like they promised to fix MCC? 343 so far is the biggest incompetent company I’ve ever seen, and that says alot.

Still waiting for MCC to be fixed…

I don’t have anything to say about MCC actually. Even I’m waiting patiently for a fix xD

Literally every video-game specific forum I have ever frequented is a cesspool of negativity. This one is no different.

But it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. People don’t go to game forums to talk about how much fun they’re having. That doesn’t even come to mind because they’re too busy, you know, having fun.

People go to forums when they’re mad and want to complain and knowing that other people have read their complaints and can potentially empathize with them, it brings some form of catharsis.

Edit: Also, welcome to the internet. Near complete anonymity means people forego all socially accepted behavior because they know their words will have almost no repercussions for them. So the socially repressed masses can unleash their fury online and stick it to the man!

I’ve seen plenty of small scale game forums dedicated to discussing story theories, sharing fan content, giving tips, etc. So I really can’t agree that forums are just a place for complaining. I’d say to those people…you need to visit more forums, or at least stop visiting ones centered around gigantic, mainstream titles.

If this were 2001 and a Halo Ce forum people who liked the game would post here, and people who didn’t like the game would just go on with their lives as if it didn’t exist. They wouldn’t spend all day bashing a game they have no attachment to whatsoever. With Halo that’s not the case. Halo is a long standing franchise that has managed to cultivate and piss off a giant fan base over the years, and as such there’s obviously a lot for people who have some commitment to the series to rant about.

Furthermore, I don’t know, be the change you want to see? You aren’t obligated to respond to these negative threads or give them any attention.

> 2533274850614519;1:
> Halo Waypoint is seemingly just a tool for people to unleash their hate on 343i. If everybody hates Halo 5, then why do you still play it? You obviously care about the game. Plus, things can’t be fixed immediately. It takes time to make Maps, balance weapons, create gamemodes, and make other content. Just give 343i some time. Sure they’ve made some slipups in the past, but mistakes are what make us human. If you want to suggest something, at least do it in a polite fashion. I personally love Halo 5, even though it may have some problems. Just give 343i a chance to fix the game before you treat them like dirt!

I like halo 5 but don’t care so much for 343. That said I think it’s a solid game and is doing well for what it is. 343 have made missteps, but I give credit where it’s due. Forge is amazing and the new map every month is pretty cool. If you like the game just play it. Pretend it’s the early 90s and the Internet isn’t a home to humanity’s hate for everything halo lol.

> 2533274887994300;8:
> I don’t understand it either. Unlike most “fans” out there I am able to actually appreciate and enjoy all that this game has to offer instead of whine and take it for granted.

Is really wanting the game to get better taking it for granted? It only came out 4 months ago, is that really the cut off to improving a game? Don’t settle for less or the industry will give you less.