why so much hate for Halo 5?

I grew up playing Halo 1 and have played every halo sense. I am really confused as too how there is so much hate going around. It really isn’t that bad of a game that people make it out to be. I had my doubts heading in but 343 seemed to do a pretty good job with the changes.

I really liked the campaign. Solid game play and visuals through out.

MP is a different story. I never remember a Halo game feeling so mindless. :frowning:

> 2533274887809312;1:
> I grew up playing Halo 1 and have played every halo sense. I am really confused as too how there is so much hate going around. It really isn’t that bad of a game that people make it out to be. I had my doubts heading in but 343 seemed to do a pretty good job with the changes.

Maybe you should read the threads and read why people are unhappy rather than posting a pseudo innocent topic.

For me, I don’t like that 343 removes more than they put in with each Halo release since they took over. I’m a big fan of theater mode and it’s been wrecked in Halo 5 by removing time code, depth of field (or zoom in), the ability to start and stop recording clips (DVR doesn’t work as good as it should), and no campaign theater mode. I do agree with others about the lack of splitscreen and other features.

There are other weird things happening when I play like random disconnects from the dedicated servers. It’s really weird.

I think the game is very well done but everyone is going to have something they wish was in it.(Elites in multi-player)(Forge at launch) The game alone at launch was worth it for me.

The campaign’s story wasn’t well executed. It’s a subjective thing, really, but it’s enough to push me into ‘hater’ category. I dunno, I just like a little emotion and intrigue with my alien shooting.

Some of it is constructive, some of it is venting. The venting is actually understandable in some cases (343 severely disregarded social Halo for example) because people have been getting hyped and are long-time fans of the series, Everybody has high expectations, it’s Halo. I’m thoroughly enjoying comp MP, which is why I look forward to Halo. However, there are people who play Halo for its epic infection, insanely creative forge maps, and of course action sack. Well, Halo 5 lacks all of those, so in that sense some of the hate is justified. Halo 5 exceeded certain expectations for me, but is lacking in other areas. The key is to stay patient as these are all problems 343 can fix, who knows, if we speak up enough we might just see an action sack playlist by next week!

> 2533274879188268;6:
> Some of it is constructive, some of it is venting. The venting is actually understandable in some cases (343 severely disregarded social Halo for example) because people have been getting hyped and are long-time fans of the series, Everybody has high expectations, it’s Halo. I’m thoroughly enjoying comp MP, which is why I look forward to Halo. However, there are people who play Halo for its epic infection, insanely creative forge maps, and of course action sack. Well, Halo 5 lacks all of those, so in that sense some of the hate is justified. Halo 5 exceeded certain expectations for me, but is lacking in other areas. The key is to stay patient as these are all problems 343 can fix, who knows, if we speak up enough we might just see an action sack playlist by next week!

I’m trying to stay patient. This feels similar to the H4 launch. I waited and waited for classic CTF(they said we would get it). And… it never came. 043i at this point. We’ll see what the next few months have.

Don’t hate congratulate.

> 2533274887809312;1:
> I grew up playing Halo 1 and have played every halo sense. I am really confused as too how there is so much hate going around. It really isn’t that bad of a game that people make it out to be. I had my doubts heading in but 343 seemed to do a pretty good job with the changes.

You have to understand that the people complaining makes the most noise. And people that really love halo and enjoy the game don’t have to much time to be in the forums because they be having to much fun playing the amazing campaign and kicking -Yoink- in multiplayer

No split-screen ;(

Some of the complaints such as no Forge (yet), Infection mode or BTB are from people being pretty impatient. I love those modes I mentioned and I am willing to wait for them to be finished because I have plenty of Warzone and Arena to hold me over til then.

There’s hate because a lot of people are unhappy with the campaign. Some feel like they were lied to by all the advertising and the game being far from that. Others have issues with the lack of Blue Team. Others feel like the story is rushed and the cut scenes are basically useless. Granted yes some of it is just venting…but a lot of it is legitimate criticism and if we don’t complain nothing will change.

Side note: I can’t be the only one who thinks the cut scenes were way to short, ended at the wrong time and pretty much explained jack all.

> 2533274800743588;12:
> There’s hate because a lot of people are unhappy with the campaign. Some feel like they were lied to by all the advertising and the game being far from that. Others have issues with the lack of Blue Team. Others feel like the story is rushed and the cut scenes are basically useless. Granted yes some of it is just venting…but a lot of it is legitimate criticism and if we don’t complain nothing will change.
>
> Side note: I can’t be the only one who thinks the cut scenes were way to short, ended at the wrong time and pretty much explained jack all.

The entire campaign was a horrible, jumbled, mess. The cut scene where Roland get’s mad for no reason was the cringiest thing I have ever watched.

The armor unlocks revolving around RNG entirely.

> 2533274817613721;13:
> > 2533274800743588;12:
> > There’s hate because a lot of people are unhappy with the campaign. Some feel like they were lied to by all the advertising and the game being far from that. Others have issues with the lack of Blue Team. Others feel like the story is rushed and the cut scenes are basically useless. Granted yes some of it is just venting…but a lot of it is legitimate criticism and if we don’t complain nothing will change.
> >
> > Side note: I can’t be the only one who thinks the cut scenes were way to short, ended at the wrong time and pretty much explained jack all.
>
>
> The entire campaign was a horrible, jumbled, mess. The cut scene where Roland get’s mad for no reason was the cringiest thing I have ever watched.

Well actually, he does have a reason. He and another AI Black-Box had recently overseen a fake trial for an AI appealing the justice system to stop her termination due to her impending 7-year shutoff because of rampancy. Cortana and her legacy played a large part in the AI’s defense and while she was put in stasis, it would still have been a very interesting development for Roland as an AI.

> 2533274887809312;1:

Im from same era. My guess is because they arent good at it then then the game has to be bad.
I lol whenever some one claims it to not be halo. It plays exactly like halo 2 just with ballanced weapons and more movement options.

I’ve played all the Halo’s

This is currently the best one yet.

At the moment Halo multiplayer is actually fun with people using a variety of weapons. The power weapons and other weapon pickups actually get used.

All those whiners are the ones who can’t stand the fact that someone can kill them with an assault rifle or a pistol. They also can’t stand the fact that if they want another more powerful weapon they have to go and find it instead of spawning with it.

Halo 5 has changed for the better and I hope 343 don’t ruin it by listening to those whiners.

> 2607664605690038;17:
> I’ve played all the Halo’s
>
> This is currently the best one yet.
>
> At the moment Halo multiplayer is actually fun with people using a variety of weapons. The power weapons and other weapon pickups actually get used.
>
> All those whiners are the ones who can’t stand the fact that someone can kill them with an assault rifle or a pistol. They also can’t stand the fact that if they want another more powerful weapon they have to go and find it instead of spawning with it.
>
> Halo 5 has changed for the better and I hope 343 don’t ruin it by listening to those whiners.

I agree. I’m really enjoying the multiplayer. Most fun I’ve had in a FPS in years.

> 2533274817613721;13:
> > 2533274800743588;12:
> > There’s hate because a lot of people are unhappy with the campaign. Some feel like they were lied to by all the advertising and the game being far from that. Others have issues with the lack of Blue Team. Others feel like the story is rushed and the cut scenes are basically useless. Granted yes some of it is just venting…but a lot of it is legitimate criticism and if we don’t complain nothing will change.
> >
> > Side note: I can’t be the only one who thinks the cut scenes were way to short, ended at the wrong time and pretty much explained jack all.
>
>
> The entire campaign was a horrible, jumbled, mess. The cut scene where Roland get’s mad for no reason was the cringiest thing I have ever watched.

Glad I wasn’t the only one who cringed at that.

> 2533274812652989;15:
> > 2533274817613721;13:
> > > 2533274800743588;12:
> > > There’s hate because a lot of people are unhappy with the campaign. Some feel like they were lied to by all the advertising and the game being far from that. Others have issues with the lack of Blue Team. Others feel like the story is rushed and the cut scenes are basically useless. Granted yes some of it is just venting…but a lot of it is legitimate criticism and if we don’t complain nothing will change.
> > >
> > > Side note: I can’t be the only one who thinks the cut scenes were way to short, ended at the wrong time and pretty much explained jack all.
> >
> >
> > The entire campaign was a horrible, jumbled, mess. The cut scene where Roland get’s mad for no reason was the cringiest thing I have ever watched.
>
>
> Well actually, he does have a reason. He and another AI Black-Box had recently overseen a fake trial for an AI appealing the justice system to stop her termination due to her impending 7-year shutoff because of rampancy. Cortana and her legacy played a large part in the AI’s defense and while she was put in stasis, it would still have been a very interesting development for Roland as an AI.

You’re guessing. Nobody knows that for a 100% fact. I’m assuming that too…that’s not the point. The point is it SHOULD have been explained