Why so few Halo 2 maps?

So I pre-ordered the MCC to play some old-school halo 2 multiplayer and the only maps they have promised to remaster are ones that have already been remastered in other halo titles?? Lockout, ascension, coagulation, Zanzibar, Sanctuary… YAWN!!! I want to play some Turf, and relic, what about containment? I want to Dodge some trains on terminal and snipe from the crane on headlong. I understand the campaign has been beautifully remastered but why skimp on what made halo 2 actually stand out its multiplayer! Lets bring back these original maps not the sandbox maps we have been given forever here is the list of greats I remember slaying to back in 2004
Midship
Containment
Relic
Turf
Burial mound
elongation
Gemini
Waterworks
Foundation
Headlong
Ivory Tower
How could they forget all of these? How could they leave out these original classics that made the game unique!

Maybe you should actually look into the game and do some research without spouting nonsense.
The MCC has all Halo maps ever made, but the only ones that are given high quality retextures and updates would be those 6 maps.

You can still play all of those maps via Halo 2 Classic.

Dont forget fan favorite: Backwash

They’ll probably do DLC in the next months they hinted at it.

it’s got all the halo maps ever made.
the 6 remastered separate maps are just the icing on top of an already epic cake.

Yeh do your research dude.

how about you do some research & get your facts straight before you start to complaining ?
behaviour like this is beyond rude.

The six are just Halo 2 anniversary all the other Halo 2 maps are in the Halo 2 classic playlist

6 Days!

Max Hoberman commented on this during an IGN interview.The build and test times are so long , they would be running into the time they need for Halo 5 as Certain affinity will be doing the multiplayer. The maps cannot be directly ported , it is all being built from the ground up using the geometry from Halo 2 , this takes a lot of time to get right.

> 2533274847627340;11:
> Max Hoberman commented on this during an IGN interview.The build and test times are so long , they would be running into the time they need for Halo 5 as Certain affinity will be doing the multiplayer. The maps cannot be directly ported , it is all being built from the ground up using the geometry from Halo 2 , this takes a lot of time to get right.

Er…I’m fairly certain that I watched the same video you did. CA is, as far as we know right now, not doing anything for Halo 5: Guardians. They’ve got another unannounced project for next year. From what it seems like, 343i is doing the large majority of the work on Halo 5: Guardians. If you’d like to prove me wrong, then a link and time-stamp is welcome.

> 2533274852415975;1:
> So I pre-ordered the MCC to play some old-school halo 2 multiplayer and the only maps they have promised to remaster are ones that have already been remastered in other halo titles?? Lockout, ascension, coagulation, Zanzibar, Sanctuary… YAWN!!! I want to play some Turf, and relic, what about containment? I want to Dodge some trains on terminal and snipe from the crane on headlong. I understand the campaign has been beautifully remastered but why skimp on what made halo 2 actually stand out its multiplayer! Lets bring back these original maps not the sandbox maps we have been given forever here is the list of greats I remember slaying to back in 2004
> Midship
> Containment
> Relic
> Turf
> Burial mound
> elongation
> Gemini
> Waterworks
> Foundation
> Headlong
> Ivory Tower
> How could they forget all of these? How could they leave out these original classics that made the game unique!

I’m hoping they release more maps with DLC in the future. In the Halo 2 documentary, Max Hoberman tried to convince the viewer that 6 maps was a lot. It’s honestly a joke.

Be lucky we even have 6 maps to play on with fresh new looks you’ll still able to play each and every map in it’s original form like back in 2004 but more crisp looking. Halo hype hehehe

> 2672001743205322;13:
> > 2533274852415975;1:
> > So I pre-ordered the MCC to play some old-school halo 2 multiplayer and the only maps they have promised to remaster are ones that have already been remastered in other halo titles?? Lockout, ascension, coagulation, Zanzibar, Sanctuary… YAWN!!! I want to play some Turf, and relic, what about containment? I want to Dodge some trains on terminal and snipe from the crane on headlong. I understand the campaign has been beautifully remastered but why skimp on what made halo 2 actually stand out its multiplayer! Lets bring back these original maps not the sandbox maps we have been given forever here is the list of greats I remember slaying to back in 2004
> > Midship
> > Containment
> > Relic
> > Turf
> > Burial mound
> > elongation
> > Gemini
> > Waterworks
> > Foundation
> > Headlong
> > Ivory Tower
> > How could they forget all of these? How could they leave out these original classics that made the game unique!
>
>
> I’m hoping they release more maps with DLC in the future. In the Halo 2 documentary, Max Hoberman tried to convince the viewer that 6 maps was a lot. It’s honestly a joke.

No. What is a joke is that there are people out there, like you, who don’t understand how much effort it is to develop a game.

In terms of map making, it can be extremely difficult. There are a lot of different parts that go into the process. Especially if you want to get the maps perfectly right. Map making is no small task, and it takes iteration after iteration to get the design right. They’re not trying to convince you of anything. Making maps for any game is hard work. Granted, Certain Affinity is fully capable, but even then, there’s a lot of work that goes into the mapmaking process. If you had any insight into the development process, then you would understand this.

In conclusion, in case my point isn’t clear, Six maps are developmentally a lot of work; even though it may not seem like much when you look at the number.