Why Skill Ranks should be visible

Competitive gaming and competition in general thrives on ranking players based on how skillful they are. Invisible ranking systems defeat the purpose of competition. There is no point in being the best if nobody will ever see it. There is also no fun in making your competitive ranking invisible in social playlists. If I was a highly skilled player in Halo 4, I’d like to instill a little fear in the other team looking at my rank.

no competitive gaming thrives from COMPETITIVE] gaming in games not the ranking

> no competitive gaming thrives from COMPETITIVE] gaming in games not the ranking

Uhh… Circular reasoning?

Lets define competition first: a contest for some prize, honor, or advantage.

The prize is your higher rank. The honor is being recognized for your higher rank. Why do players compete in the first place? To be recognized as the best. If you cannot be recognized as the best, there is no reason to compete.

> Competitive gaming and competition in general thrives on ranking players based on how skillful they are. Invisible ranking systems defeat the purpose of competition. <mark>There is no point in being the best if nobody will ever see it.</mark> There is also no fun in making your competitive ranking invisible in social playlists. If I was a highly skilled player in Halo 4, I’d like to instill a little fear in the other team looking at my rank.

play a game, and everyone will be able to tell how good you are.

Alright, seriously, is the RANK the only reason you play? Seriously if i look at a guy with a higher rank i’m not gonna pee my pants, and say we’re f***ed.

Ranks are NOT gonna be visible, seriously.

> play a game, and everyone will be able to tell how good you are.

How would you or anyone know that you played good players? Without visible ranks, you can’t tell anything.

> > play a game, and everyone will be able to tell how good you are.
>
> <mark>How would you or anyone know that you played good players?</mark> Without visible ranks, you can’t tell anything.

well, i can tell that someones good when they get a plasma pistol perfection.

> well, i can tell that someones good when they get a plasma pistol perfection.

No, that would mean he was playing mentally deficient people.

I’ll just leave this here.

> > play a game, and everyone will be able to tell how good you are.
>
> How would you or anyone know that you played good players? Without visible ranks, you can’t tell anything.

When you get your -Yoink- kicked by the other team usually shows the players on the other team was good. That’s how you tell.

> I’ll just leave this here.

You should give your own argument instead of relying on someone else’s. I’ve read that a few times, but it doesn’t justify the complete removal of visible ranks.

> When you get your -Yoink!- kicked by the other team usually shows the players on the other team was good. That’s how you tell.

How would that prove they were good? What if I was just off that game? I wouldn’t know because their ranks are invisible.

> > When you get your -Yoink!- kicked by the other team usually shows the players on the other team was good. That’s how you tell.
>
> How would that prove they were good? What if I was just off that game? I wouldn’t know because their ranks are invisible.

how does a 50 besides there name prove there good? they could have just boosted or bought the account.

I want to match similarly-skilled players, and also know if they are 35s that just went full-on warrior all over me, or just a group of 43s with a really bad game.

I’d like to know where I stand as a player, which is impossible in Reach.

I’m seeing A LOT of " oh if you beat the other team that shows how good you are" thank you, we now have a firm grasp of the obvious. Do you have anything beneficial to add? Do you feel proud after squashing a bug?(awesome player against bad kid) or would you rather kill a rhino or some transulecent monster what-have-you(awesome player vs. awesome player) and then SHOW your rank. I know I’m going to be told “you just want rank for your ego boost” or something along those lines. G t f o. Im a comptetive guy and I like winning that’s all there is to it I’d also like my efforts to be shown. Why do you think artists sign their work?

> > I’ll just leave this here.
>
> You should give your own argument instead of relying on someone else’s. I’ve read that a few times, but it doesn’t justify the complete removal of visible ranks.
>
>
>
> > When you get your -Yoink!- kicked by the other team usually shows the players on the other team was good. That’s how you tell.
>
> How would that prove they were good? What if I was just off that game? I wouldn’t know because their ranks are invisible.

Everyone may have a bad game now and then, but its obvious when a team or a player on Halo is good or not after you’ve played them.

Just because you had a bad game doesn’t mean the rest of your team did, it means you got wrecked

> how does a 50 besides there name prove there good? they could have just boosted or bought the account.

Obviously if they’re playing on it, and doing good against other 50’s, it means they are legit. Invisible rank will cause confusion at all levels of skill.

I have to go now cya guys.