Why should Original Trilogy fans buy Halo 5?

This is the question I propose to anyone who thinks that Halo 5 is worthy to becoming the first proper Halo game after Halo 3. Don’t get me wrong many of the other Halo’s afterwards had positive traits, and by all means deserve praise in their respected fields. That’s not even to say they’re not good games, but in my mind they aren’t the continuation that Halo needed. Halo 3 ODST obviously focused on the inbetween, and Reach was a project that tried to summarized a small area in a large event in the universe. Halo 4 I can’t even analyze without sounding like a troll even more than I do, but for me it was not a worthy installment especially campaign wise.

So to repeat, with the information we have currently about Halo 5, what makes it worthy of being bought? What makes it worthy of being part of the original lore and established universe the original trilogy started?

It’s not the lore, or the established universe that is getting me to buy it.
It’s the multiplayer. The entire reason why Halo is on my radar, and in my Xbox.

its bringing the competitive halo back to its roots and could be the best campaign to date

How was Halo 4’s campaign bad? Last I checked it was the best one since 2.

As a long time halo player? Three (well, more than that I guess) big reasons for Multiplayer alone:

Dedicated servers (no lag, no host advantage), hit detection that works, a ranking system that is better conceived than anything before.

A return to equal starts, map control, power weapons on map and highly skill-based team gameplay.

Lowered aim assist, shooting in Halo has never been more skill based.

That’s good to start with but then there’s:
A whole new 15 hour long campaign, Blue Team, new Forge, new maps, 20 Free DLC maps, 12v12 Warzone, shiny graphics… I could go on.

Halo 4 wasn’t a worthy installment? ESPECIALLY campaign wise???

I’ve been a fan since Halo: CEs first launch week. I consider myself a hardcore fan of the amazing original trilogy, that being said, I haven’t seen anything from the new trilogy that would lead me to believe it isn’t a worthy successor to the first.

Enough with the blind hate and pessimism towards all things 343, at this point you guys are just getting ridiculous.

Because it’s a continuation to the story? If you really ever did appreciate the franchise at one point you’d do it for the story, so what if you think the multiplayer is trash? Play it for the story and support it.

> 2533274865083569;8:
> Because it’s a continuation to the story? If you really ever did appreciate the franchise at one point you’d do it for the story, so what if you think the multiplayer is trash? Play it for the story and support it.

Was not really referring to the multiplayer at any point. I really only play the campaigns.

> 2533274838804559;7:
> Halo 4 wasn’t a worthy installment? ESPECIALLY campaign wise???
>
> I’ve been a fan since Halo: CEs first launch week. I consider myself a hardcore fan of the amazing original trilogy, that being said, I haven’t seen anything from the new trilogy that would lead me to believe it isn’t a worthy successor to the first.
>
> Enough with the blind hate and pessimism towards all things 343, at this point you guys are just getting ridiculous.

I think if anything there should be less people who aren’t willing to take criticism and look at Halo 4 with some ounce of scrutiny when analyzing it. It had major problems, mainly with the lack of connection to the characters and the diadact becoming incredibly useless and unused in general.

> 2533274794407851;9:
> > 2533274865083569;8:
> > Because it’s a continuation to the story? If you really ever did appreciate the franchise at one point you’d do it for the story, so what if you think the multiplayer is trash? Play it for the story and support it.
>
>
> Was not really referring to the multiplayer at any point. I really only play the campaigns.

I know that, but some fans of the original games think that a halo game is good because of its multiplayer, I wasn’t referring to you directly, I apologize.

> 2533274794407851;10:
> > 2533274838804559;7:
> > Halo 4 wasn’t a worthy installment? ESPECIALLY campaign wise???
> >
> > I’ve been a fan since Halo: CEs first launch week. I consider myself a hardcore fan of the amazing original trilogy, that being said, I haven’t seen anything from the new trilogy that would lead me to believe it isn’t a worthy successor to the first.
> >
> > Enough with the blind hate and pessimism towards all things 343, at this point you guys are just getting ridiculous.
>
>
> I think if anything there should be less people who aren’t willing to take criticism and look at Halo 4 with some ounce of scrutiny when analyzing it. It had major problems, mainly with the lack of connection to the characters and the diadact becoming incredibly useless and unused in general.

Unwilling to take criticism? Of course Halo 4 has it’s share of flaws, but you act like the first three games were flawless, they all had problems. However, I’m not going to sit and critique every little detail of each game and give it a thumbs down if it isn’t perfect. I got into the Halo series because it was EXTREMELY FUN, not because it was perfect, and because that extremely fun Halo feel has lasted through to this trilogy, I’m going to keep supporting the game and enjoy playing it.
How exactly was the Didact useless and unused? Because he didn’t have 50 different elaborate schemes to destroy Humanity and take 100 years to do it??
He was a superior being, he had the knowledge and resources at his disposal to accomplish what he wanted with the snap of his fingers and that’s what he attempted to do, he didn’t last long and wasn’t explored thoroughly because that would demean his status as an elite Forerunner soldier, he was quickly capable of killing humanity so he had to be even more quickly eliminated.

Honestly, I played the original trilogy and was a fan of it and enjoyed it. I’m giving 343 a chance and as much as I want them to kill off everyone in halo 5 be done with halo and start making a new ip (mainly to get rid of fans like you op) im willing to stick around to witness what they turn halo into. More people should appreciate what they are doing because they decided to continue the story when bungie wanted to be done with it badly.

I get very annoyed reading threads like this one where people don’t appreciate what 343 is trying to do. “Is it worthy?” It all boils down to your opinion there’s no need to keep asking people, 343 is not bungie the way they do things is way different than what the other does. If it is set in stone in your mind that 343 will never make a halo worthy of being halo then just pass on the game. Nothing we say to you will convince you otherwise, but if you’re hesitant on buying it I suggest waiting , and watching videos.

Since you only play campaigns I will analyze the games campaign wise. This is what I thought of all the games campaigns

Halo CE: Great, but too many levels where your just going backwards on the same level. Story Was pretty good
Halo 2: Better levels and weapons. Story was the best In the original trilogy IMO
Halo 3: The best level design, weapons and equipment IMO. Story seemed meh until the end tho.
Halo 4: Level design seemed bland in some places. Weapons were really good. story was the 2nd best so far
Halo 5: from what we’ve seen so far, it looks like it will be better then halo 4. Never been so excited for a halo campaign. I will still probs play multiplayer more tho.

> 2533274883849234;5:
> How was Halo 4’s campaign bad? Last I checked it was the best one since 2.

I feel like people hype up Halo 4’s Campaign because they are desperately trying to find something to like about Halo 4.

Bland enemies, linear design, and constant button-pushing animations aside it was…okay, I guess?

Because it’s fun…

> 2533274819302824;15:
> > 2533274883849234;5:
> > How was Halo 4’s campaign bad? Last I checked it was the best one since 2.
>
>
> I feel like people hype up Halo 4’s Campaign because they are desperately trying to find something to like about Halo 4.
>
> Bland enemies, linear design, and constant button-pushing animations aside it was…okay, I guess?

You just described every main halo titles’s campaign. So the button pushing was the only thing that made it different?

> 2533274909139271;17:
> > 2533274819302824;15:
> > > 2533274883849234;5:
> > > How was Halo 4’s campaign bad? Last I checked it was the best one since 2.
> >
> >
> > I feel like people hype up Halo 4’s Campaign because they are desperately trying to find something to like about Halo 4.
> >
> > Bland enemies, linear design, and constant button-pushing animations aside it was…okay, I guess?
>
>
> You just described every main halo titles’s campaign. So the button pushing was the only thing that made it different?

You just called Halo 1-3’s enemies bland…

> 2533274819302824;15:
> > 2533274883849234;5:
> > How was Halo 4’s campaign bad? Last I checked it was the best one since 2.
>
>
> I feel like people hype up Halo 4’s Campaign because they are desperately trying to find something to like about Halo 4.
>
> Bland enemies, linear design, and constant button-pushing animations aside it was…okay, I guess?

Or, now stay with me here… Halo 4 was a great game.
I’m under the impression that people claim to hate Halo 4 simply because it was so “different” from the rest of the series. Whenever I played it, I loved it, it retained it’s Halo feel and was extremely fun to play.

Halo 4 had a really good story IMO, though to really understand a lot of what was going on and such you had to have some pre-existing knowledge that mostly came from the Terminals and Books.
This was an awesome overview of it though (And it’d be epic if he did the same for every game, but given how long it took him to review 4’s, I don’t see that happening any time soon v_v )