Why should I get LE?

I changed my preorder to the LE, but now I think I might just go with the standard. The stuff just doesn’t seem worth it anymore. Sure, you get the recruit armor, but you could probably get that for a few bucks on eBay. The posters and sheets, I don’t need. The DLC pass is a big thing, but I’m preordering form the Microsoft store so I get a $25 coupon with the standard edition which I can use to buy MS points and get the pass. Early specializations? Probably won’t get that far that fast. The thing about the DLC is that people don’t seem sure that the strider and scanner helmets come with the LE, so I’m playing it safe. So tell me, is there any reason I should put down an extra $40?

Because there are miracles within.

but seriously the Le will have so much more than all the other games and it will sve you money in the long run.

im buying standard…all the stuff that comes with limited is going to be pointless in 4 months

the forward unto dawn extended cut

> im buying standard…all the stuff that comes with limited is going to be pointless in 4 months

Except the exclusive armor it comes with :slight_smile:

The steel case is pretty neat…

I think it is actually cheaper to get the L.E. rather than a standard copy plus season pass.

But hey man do whatever makes you comfortable :smiley: I’m getting the L.E.for it’s tin case, FUD and recruit armor.

> > im buying standard…all the stuff that comes with limited is going to be pointless in 4 months
>
> Except the exclusive armor it comes with :slight_smile:

by time you get into the game …i bet you’ll get better armor just by beating the game or founding eater eggs…

> im buying standard…all the stuff that comes with limited is going to be pointless in 4 months

Not exactly…

Depends where you’re from. I’m from the Netherlands, and the LE costs about 70-75 euros here…the regular version costs 60-65 euros…
A mappack of 1200 MSP comes down to 15 euros (roughly)…so…I pay 15 euros more than the regular version and basically get 2 mappacks “for free”.
That alone is enough to buy the LE if that’s the case for some of you guys.

And then there is Forward Unto Dawn, which I’m sure isn’t pointless after 4 months.

> > im buying standard…all the stuff that comes with limited is going to be pointless in 4 months
>
> Not exactly…
>
> Depends where you’re from. I’m from the Netherlands, and the LE costs about 70-75 euros here…the regular version costs 60-65 euros…
> A mappack of 1200 MSP comes down to 15 euros (roughly)…so…I pay 15 euros more than the regular version and basically get 2 mappacks “for free”.
> That alone is enough to buy the LE if that’s the case for some of you guys.
>
> And then there is Forward Unto Dawn, which I’m sure isn’t pointless after 4 months.

yea im in US so standard is $59.99 and limited is $99.99 so yea and you still have to wait till the map come out to get them …it just a pro order for the maps to my understanding…and forward unto dawn is going to be on youtube plus you only get a code to watch it tho waypoint -_- im done stendindg $100 on games …the best limited edition i got was GTA IV with the bag i use for the gym everyday.

> the forward unto dawn extended cut

FUD extended cut will be streaming only. No hardcopy or personal download which I think is pretty cheap.
It’ll be on youtube in a matter of days.

Good decision, I am also getting standard. Most of the stuff you get the LE is non-physical and becomes useless after the Xbox 360 is gone which will be soon. Furthermore the extras you do get are mostly gimmicks which I wouldn’t pay a dime for, like avatar gear and gamer pics. The map packs you get can also be ordered separately for the same price and the DVD of Forward Unto Dawn may also be able to be bought separately and if not can be viewed on YouTube will all extras for free.

Yeah, I guess I’ll make the switch back to standard. Hopefully I won’t have third thoughts. And FuD Extended will most likely be on YouTube anyways. I’d rather spring for FOTUS on ebay rather than Recruit. That extra $40 might help.

If you think it’s a rip off, don’t buy it. It’s as simple as that.

> I think it is actually cheaper to get the L.E. rather than a standard copy plus season pass.

This is what I’m trying to figure out. I don’t really care about the armour and collectibles, but I know I’ll end up buying all of the maps.

I’m in Canada (btw the Canadian and US dollar are nearly equal) so…
59.99 for the standard plus 25 for the seasons pass is 84.99 for standard plus all the maps.

Or 15 dollars for everything else.

… Damm it. I think I just talked myself out of forty bucks.

Well, there really is no point. THe only reasons I’m getting it is because I pre-ordered it already before they announced everything would be available anyways, and because I get a steelcase with a few hands-on things. Other than that it’s pointless to me.

LE will save you some money, and you get the gift card anyway i think

dont, its a waste of money, all that stuff will come later and you can just buy it used to get the steel case and junk

OK basically, if you don’t think the extra goodies are worth it don’t get it. The Game (60$) and the DLC (30$) bring it up to 90$. If you don’t think the extra goodies are worth the remaining 10$, get standard. IMO I do think they’re worth it and will be getting Limited.

> OK basically, if you don’t think the extra goodies are worth it don’t get it. The Game (60$) and the DLC (30$) bring it up to 90$. If you don’t think the extra goodies are worth the remaining 10$, get standard. IMO I do think they’re worth it and will be getting Limited.

The DLC is $25, and by preordering the standard, I get a $25 gift card, which does not come with the LE. So I’m getting the main stuff for the standard edition’s price.