Why settle at Weapon Skins?

Vehicle Skins.

Because looking at an oncoming Warthog and seeing a smiley face would be both hilarious and demoralizing.

And how would that work?

Epic face palm

I’d actually like that. The Heretic Banshee is awesome looking and those Arctic vehicles on Avalanche are cool.

> And how would that work?

This.

Would be nice if vehicles had their own theme or camouflage on specific maps, like Avalanche in Halo 3. Changing their skins in forge would have been a nice addition.

> > And how would that work?
>
> This.

No this.

> Would be nice if vehicles had their own theme or camouflage on specific maps, like Avalanche in Halo 3. Changing their skins in forge would have been a nice addition.

> Vehicle Skins.
>
> Because looking at an oncoming Warthog and seeing a smiley face would be both hilarious and demoralizing.

I think that would be pretty funny

there should also be armor ability skins

> > > And how would that work?
> >
> > This.
>
> No this.
>
>
>
>
> > Would be nice if vehicles had their own theme or camouflage on specific maps, like Avalanche in Halo 3. Changing their skins in forge would have been a nice addition.

I didn’t say vehicles having map specific skins couldn’t work, but individual player skins wouldn’t. It would either have to change as soon as someone entered it, which would look dumb as hell, or it’d only be visible to the player.

Hilarious? Sure. Demoralizing? Not really.

> And how would that work?

Vehicle skin changes when you get in the driver seat?

> Would be nice if vehicles had their own theme or camouflage on specific maps, like Avalanche in Halo 3. Changing their skins in forge would have been a nice addition.

This as well.

We could change Mongoose color in Reach. We should be able to skin vehicles with different colors and camos in Forge. In addition, vehicles placed on terrain-specific maps in MM should be equipped with a matching skin. Avalanche in Halo 3 was like that, but a lot of times I could barely tell the vehicles were supposed to be camouflaged. Such a system in Halo 4 would need to stand out a lot more.

> Hilarious? Sure. Demoralizing? Not really.
>
>
>
> > And how would that work?
>
> Vehicle skin changes when you get in the driver seat?

Which, like I said, would look beyond stupid.

I’m all for map specific vehicle skins returning ala Avalanche, but that’s about it.

And I’m pretty sure that the coding would treat vehicle skins as separate vehicles, so having multiple skins for each vehicle be spawnable in forge is probably near impossible.

I like map specific vehicle skins but I’m not a big fan of this idea.

> And I’m pretty sure that the coding would treat vehicle skins as separate vehicles, so having multiple skins for each vehicle be spawnable in forge is probably near impossible.

So make it unavailable in Forge. The question isn’t whether they CAN do it, it’s whether they should do it. I don’t really care though either way TBH.

I just want to drive a Puma!

> I’m all for map specific vehicle skins returning ala Avalanche, but that’s about it.
>
>
> And I’m pretty sure that the coding would treat vehicle skins as separate vehicles, so having multiple skins for each vehicle be spawnable in forge is probably near impossible.

You could change the color of Mongooses instantly in Reach in Forge mode. I don’t think it’s that big a leap to throw in some multicolored skins as well. Just because skinned armor is treated as separate armor pieces doesn’t mean that’s the way it HAS to be done.

For the lulz…

Only if I eventually get to add this for the horn…

> > I’m all for map specific vehicle skins returning ala Avalanche, but that’s about it.
> >
> >
> > And I’m pretty sure that the coding would treat vehicle skins as separate vehicles, so having multiple skins for each vehicle be spawnable in forge is probably near impossible.
>
> You could change the color of Mongooses instantly in Reach in Forge mode. I don’t think it’s that big a leap to throw in some multicolored skins as well. Just because skinned armor is treated as separate armor pieces doesn’t mean that’s the way it HAS to be done.

I never said it did, but Avalanche vehicles were treated as separate vehicles in the coding as well, which makes me skeptical. And the mongoose was the only vehicle to have toggle-able colors, out of like, what, 8 or 9 vehicles? Anymore is most likely pushing it. Either way I think it’s unneeded.