Why saying there's so much customization is unfair

In Halo 5, We were told we were going to get hundreds of customization options, and while that is true, i think it’s unfair to say. For example, there are around 53 visors or so, but most of them look exactly the same!i understand there are only so much colours you can do, but i feel like they should mix them up a little more, like colour X with.colour Y, instead of Colour X but slightly darker. it’s almost impossible to show off your Ultra Rare or Legendary visors because chances are there will be an uncommon that looks just like it. same goes with Armour, there is a lot of armour in the game and most of it is made out of different armour VARIANTS, and no, i’m not talking about the same armour with attatchments like a tac pad or ammunition and bags lining it with one of those things that goes over your visor like in Reach, no, i’m talking about the EXACT SAME ARMOUR, just with a different colour scheme. and that colour scheme will never be recognized in team games because of the Red/Blue armour and the fact you can’t see peoples armor in the pre game lobby like in halo reach. That’s why i feel like the armour system itself, and the random unlocks is a bad idea and saying there’s so much customization is unfair, Reach was the best by far. What are your thoughts?

Completely agree
Its an exaggerated claim
Reach had the best customisation by far I feel, even 4 had better looking armour and better customisation (IMO)

> 2533274832130936;2:
> Completely agree
> Its an exaggerated claim
> Reach had the best customisation by far I feel, even 4 had better looking armour and better customisation (IMO)

That too is an exaggerated claim. So stop riding the Reach’s -Yoink-.

Reach is just as guilty of recycling the same sets over and over to create the illusion of variety. As OP said, little tick tacks and crap on the side of your helmet. This is especially true since half of those smaller detail options were never even rendered into live games, they only appeared in your profile/character creator.

> 2661949065475413;3:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > Completely agree
> > Its an exaggerated claimEveryone
> > Reach had the best customisation by far I feel, even 4 had better looking armour and better customisation (IMO)
>
>
> That too is an exaggerated claim. So stop riding the Reach’s -Yoink-.
> , it was just
> Reach is just as guilty of recycling the same sets over and over to create the illusion of variety. As OP said, little tick tacks and crap on the side of your helmet. This is especially true since half of those smaller detail options were never even rendered into live games, they only appeared in your profile/character creator.

Everyone is going to ride Reach’s -Yoink- because it was (IS) simply an amazing game. It would be a dream come true if 343 copied Reach’s style of custom games, Reach’s game engine, multiplayer style, etc… and then added their amazing Halo 5 forge on top of that. Reach with unlimited forge and limitless custom games = a game that would never get old. There is a reason Reach was popular ( and still is ) half a decade after its release.

edit: and Reach’s armor just had charm to it unlike 343 style armor. All the little details in it made everyone look unique, so yes all the little tic tacs were rendered unless you were playing on a potato or something.

> 2661949065475413;3:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > Completely agree
> > Its an exaggerated claim
> > Reach had the best customisation by far I feel, even 4 had better looking armour and better customisation (IMO)
>
>
> This is especially true since half of those smaller detail options were never even rendered into live games, they only appeared in your profile/character creator.

Particularly?

> 2661949065475413;3:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > agree
>
>
>
> Reach is just as guilty of recycling the same sets over and over to create the illusion of variety. As OP said, little tick tacks and crap on the side of your helmet. This is especially true since half of those smaller detail options were never even rendered into live games, they only appeared in your profile/character creator.

First things first, adding attachments for armour isn’t recycling it, it’s giving a more in depth variation of the piece of armour you like making it more personalized for you. Also it doesn’t boast being a completey new piece of armour either it’s an attachment. An allusion of variety? Okay so a different paint texture is less of an illusion then a 3d model okay. And idk what you are are talking about, I never had issues where my armour didn’t load correctly in Halo Reach.

> 2661949065475413;3:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > Completely agree
>
>
>

I’m not riding Reach’s anything,
Reach had more customisation options, helmet visor shoulders chest wrist leg knees
what do we have in H5? visor helmet and chest, and 3/4 of those are just the same armours and helmets with different patterns on them
If I’m not fond of say the EVA helmet its safe to say I’m not going to like EVA recluse EVA long shot or the EVA burn either (please not I know these are not actual names of armours)

Even when you eliminate the minor helmet modifications with each variant Reach still had more options

> 2533274837714945;6:
> > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > agree
> > > Its an exaggerated claim
> > > Reach had the best customisation by far I feel, even 4 had better looking armour and better customisation (IMO)
> >
> >
> > That too is an exaggerated claim. So stop riding the Reach’s -Yoink-.
> >
> > Reach is just as guilty of recycling the same sets over and over to create the illusion of variety. As OP said, little tick tacks and crap on the side of your helmet. This is especially true since half of those smaller detail options were never even rendered into live games, they only appeared in your profile/character creator.
>
>
> First things first, adding attachments for armour isn’t recycling it, it’s giving a more in depth variation of the piece of armour you like making it more personalized for you. Also it doesn’t boast being a completey new piece of armour either it’s an attachment. An allusion of variety? Okay so a different paint texture is less of an allusion then a 3d model okay. And idk what you are talking about, I never had issues where my armour didn’t load correctly in Halo Reach.

Yes exactly!!! That’s what gave reach armor such charm and character. It just looks like clay in 343 games. Bungie put so much effort into detailing it so it would be memorable, they did this in Destiny too for the armor. Their models are just gorgeous.

> 2533274873630868;8:
> > 2533274837714945;6:
> > > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > agree
> > > > Its an exaggerated claim
> > > > Reach had the best customisation by far I feel, even 4 had better looking armour and better customisation (IMO)
>
>
> Yes exactly!!! That’s what gave reach armor such charm and character. It just looks like clay in 343 games. Bungie put so much effort into detailing it so it would be memorable, they did this in Destiny too for the armor. Their models are just gorgeous.

I can’t wait until Reach comes out on xbox one!!! Just look how many hours I’ve played it haha xD

> 2533274837714945;9:
> > 2533274873630868;8:
> > > 2533274837714945;6:
> > > > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > > > agree
> > > > > Its an exaggerated claim
> > > > > Reach had the best customisation by far I feel, even 4 had better looking armour and better customisation (IMO)
> >
> >
> > Yes exactly!!! That’s what gave reach armor such charm and character. It just looks like clay in 343 games. Bungie put so much effort into detailing it so it would be memorable, they did this in Destiny too for the armor. Their models are just gorgeous.
>
>
> I can’t wait until Reach comes out on xbox one!!! Just look how many hours I’ve played it haha xD

Lol, 23 days is a long time, but I got you beat by a few days. https://haloreachstats.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/sushi%20shikigami/haloreach :3

i might actually get the attention span back to finish my annoying journey to inheritor

but to stay on topic, another thing that made customization great was the option to playas an Elite. PLEASE 343

> 2661949065475413;3:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > Completely agree
>
>
>

Thats being generous to Reach, do you remember the chest piece"s". There was just one with different stuff tacked onto the front.

> 2533274832130936;7:
> > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > Completely agree
> > > Reach had the best customisation by far I feel, even 4 had better looking armour and better customisation (IMO)
> >
> >
> >
> > Reach is just as guilty of recycling the same sets over and over to create the illusion of variety. As OP said, little tick tacks and crap on the side of your helmet. This is especially true since half of those smaller detail options were never even rendered into live games, they only appeared in your profile/character creator.
>
>
>
>
> Even when you eliminate the minor helmet modifications with each variant Reach still had more options

Honestly, it really didn’t. As I said, illusion of variety. Reach with modifications aside, only had 21 armor sets. Everything else was just reskins.

If we’re going to classify modifications like paint jobs, then not liking EVA regardless of reskin is no different than not liking EVA regardless of what different antenna you stick out of the side.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m in no way saying the customization from Halo 5 is up to par. I’m just saying, stop treating Reach like it set the bar… The only thing it really brought to the table new to the franchise that was worth keeping was visors. Armor effects were a cheap gimmick that annoyed more people than those who enjoyed them. Glad their gone, and leg and belt mods were just fluff filler that no one really ever noticed in the first place. No one grinded for over a year to get a pair of boots they wanted… The robot arm was cool for a while, but it wasn’t really variety when everyone was wearing it. Helmets, shoulders, core chest pieces, and visors are all of what majority of people noticed. As far as I’m concerned, the only thing Halo 5 is really missing is interchangeable shoulder plates, and we’ve had those since Halo 3, not Reach.

Go play a Barbie game if you wanna play dress up.

> 2533274844984484;11:
> > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > Completely agree
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> Thats being generous to Reach, do you remember the chest piece"s". There was just one with different stuff tacked onto the front.

Reach was at a time where Mk. V was the main armor with different variants. You could still make your Spartan look very unique

> 2535429089645794;13:
> Go play a Barbie game if you wanna play dress up.

Man, I wish I could down vote a post. The great thing about past Halo games was playing dress up… If doesnt even matter if it was an illusion of variety, because with less items customization felt more satisfying in halo reach because I could actually tell somebody was my buddy from 200 meters away, unlike in halo 5 where our armor is lifeless, boring, and looks like a fresh un textured model right out of maya.

OMG, who the hell cares?

Do you really need to customize your legs? Is having too many visors a bad thing even if some are only slightly different?

> 2533274809541057;16:
> OMG, who the hell cares?
>
> Do you really need to customize your legs? Is having too many visors a bad thing even if some are only slightly different?

Hell no, I adore all the different visors. What I don’t like is how the Halo 5 armor looks. It is just too perfect, when I say this, I mean it has zero detail on it. Ex, minor color variations, scratches, extra attachments. Etc… Like how Bungie did their Reach and Destiny armor.

> 2533274873630868;17:
> > 2533274809541057;16:
> > OMG, who the hell cares?
> >
> > Do you really need to customize your legs? Is having too many visors a bad thing even if some are only slightly different?
>
>
> Hell no, I adore all the different visors. What I don’t like is how the Halo 5 armor looks. It is just too perfect, when I say this, I mean it has zero detail on it. Ex, minor color variations, scratches, extra attachments. Etc… Like how Bungie did their Reach and Destiny armor.

No scratches? What a minute complaint. Fewer attachments, again, extremely minor but I suppose it’s a bit more realistic in terms of personalization.

If it’s to keep with the [pointless] lore of being a waregame simulation, these spartans aren’t fighting in normal battleworn armour. So no scratches.

> 2533274809541057;18:
> > 2533274873630868;17:
> > > 2533274809541057;16:
> > > OMG, who the hell cares?
> > >
> > > Do you really need to customize your legs? Is having too many visors a bad thing even if some are only slightly different?
> >
> >
> > Hell no, I adore all the different visors. What I don’t like is how the Halo 5 armor looks. It is just too perfect, when I say this, I mean it has zero detail on it. Ex, minor color variations, scratches, extra attachments. Etc… Like how Bungie did their Reach and Destiny armor.
>
>
> No scratches? What a minute complaint. Fewer attachments, again, extremely minor but I suppose it’s a bit more realistic in terms of personalization.
>
> If it’s to keep with the [pointless] lore of being a waregame simulation, these spartans aren’t fighting in normal battleworn armour.

Like I said, that’s an example.

Reguardless of where they are fighting, the armor is still boring and lifeless.

why?

For or these exact reasons:
Bungie original style armor has so much detail put into it, even in halo 1, 2, and 3
Halo 1: great memorable color, very nice detail on the armor. Good for 2001

Halo 2: Added elite option and mire armor variants, Elites were the best thing for customization.

Halo3: Better technology allowed for better detail, and a more memorable customization experience.

Halo: Reach: Dear lord, customization here was a masterpiece. It creates such a memorable experience with its deep details, amazing UV mapping, vibrant and variant color schemes, different pieces that made differences. Armor that doesn’t look like a fresh Maya model. Great visors that are shiny and reflective. Many Elite variants ( Halo 5 does t even have playable Elites, but it needs them) the armor just stood out, and like I said, I could see my friends and tell them apart from across the map in Reach, I can not do that in Any 343 halo. It is just the way the armor was created that made it so loved.
As for the scratches, chief and Locke aren’t in a si ulation for the campaign, why is their armor la Kung in battle details? Chiefs been in his armor for like 10 years now, and the only thing it has is a cracked visor from Locke.

All im saying is that 343i is just making boring and lifeless armor variants that lack essential detail. (Again, I can hardly even tell my friends apart by their armor with 343 armor)

> 2533274873630868;19:
> > 2533274809541057;18:
> > > 2533274873630868;17:
> > > > 2533274809541057;16:
> > > > OMG, who the hell cares?
> > > > Do you really need to customize your legs? Is having too many visors a bad thing even if some are only slightly different?
> > >
> > >
> > > Hell no, I adore all the different visors. What I don’t like is how the Halo 5 armor looks. It is just too perfect, when I say this, I mean it has zero detail on it. Ex, minor color variations, scratches, extra attachments. Etc… Like how Bungie did their Reach and Destiny armor.
> >
> >
> > No scratches? What a minute complaint. Fewer attachments, again, extremely minor but I suppose it’s a bit more realistic in terms of personalization.
> >
> > If it’s to keep with the [pointless] lore of being a waregame simulation, these spartans aren’t fighting in normal battleworn armour.
>
>
> Like I said, that’s an example.
>
> Reguardless of where they are fighting, the armor is still boring and lifeless.
>
> why?
>
> For or these exact reasons:
> Bungie original style armor has so much detail put into it, even in halo 1, 2, and 3
> Halo 1: great memorable color, very nice detail on the armor. Good for 2001
>
> Halo 2: Added elite option and mire armor variants, Elites were the best thing for customization.
>
> Halo3: Better technology allowed for better detail, and a more memorable customization experience.
>
> Halo: Reach: Dear lord, customization here was a masterpiece. It creates such a memorable experience with its deep details, amazing UV mapping, vibrant and variant color schemes, different pieces that made differences. Armor that doesn’t look like a fresh Maya model. Great visors that are shiny and reflective. Many Elite variants ( Halo 5 does t even have playable Elites, but it needs them) the armor just stood out, and like I said, I could see my friends and tell them apart from across the map in Reach, I can not do that in Any 343 halo. It is just the way the armor was created that made it so loved.
> As for the scratches, chief and Locke aren’t in a si ulation for the campaign, why is their armor la Kung in battle details? Chiefs been in his armor for like 10 years now, and the only thing it has is a cracked visor from Locke.
>
> All im saying is that 343i is just making boring and lifeless armor variants that lack essential detail. (Again, I can hardly even tell my friends apart by their armor with 343 armor)

It’s probably pretty hard telling your friends apart when they are constantly changing their gamertags as well. By that I mean, over the last 50 games you’ve played combined of both warzone and arena, you’ve not been pair with an identical person even once. SO either you’re friends are changing their gamertags every match, or you’re a full of -Yoink- solo queue player. I’m voting for the latter, pretty unbelievable that you’d identify your friends by bolts in their leg plates as opposed to the big looming icon above friendly players that says their name and Spartan ID.