Why replace Firefight??

I don’t know about you guys but when i found out that Firefight is being replaced by Spartan Ops i got a little mad.I’m not saying that Spartan Ops sounds bad at all but why replace Firefight, sometimes i just want to play against the ai without having to do an objective just to relax and play the game. What i mean by this is that i don’t always want to play competitively all the time on match matchmaking and i don’t want to play Spartan Ops objective missions all the time sometimes i just want to relax and kill the enemy with ease.

What do you guys think about Firefight getting replaced??

Not pleased, like you.

Unless there’s a Spartan Op that will let me choose the map, and survive as long as I can, Halo 4’s score will suffer in my personal opinion.

Compared to Horde and -Yoink!- Zombies it was just not very good. If you go on to reach right now, you’ll see that only a very small percentage of the community is playing it. It was a survival gametype that lacked what it needed. There was no home base to retreat to, there were no barriers to build, the combat was too fast and unorganized. It just didn’t work, especially when placed side-by-side with other survival games.

Because Reach’s firefight was…less than satisfying.

It wasnt about survival. It was about target practice and free points.

Spartan ops will be set with multiple objectives to accomplish. Good riddance to firefight I say

Nothing will ever beat Halo ODST’s firefight. Earning that vidmaster achievement to get Recon was one of the hardest things I have ever done…but wow was it fun.

Reach’s firefight was just target practice, completely different. Maybe Spartan OPs will freshen things up.

OP if you want to kill things with ease, just play match making, most players suck.

FF got really boring after a while and had zero challenge to it.

I hope they fulfill their promise that Firefight elements will be prevalent in Spartan Ops, but I still don’t think it will fill the void.

In my opinion firefight was boring

> Because Reach’s firefight was…less than satisfying.
>
> It wasnt about survival. It was about target practice and free points.
>
> Spartan ops will be set with multiple objectives to accomplish. Good riddance to firefight I say

This. ODST’s firefight was so much better. I don’t think the Halo community is the right one for a firefight style game. Every time I played firefight matchmaking, my teammates were either AFK or they would run around the map dying more than they killed anything…

Firefight is stale, im excited to see something new like Spartan Ops although I think the name needs changing.

In my opinion it was boring, useless and unnecessary. Plus it is only approximately 3000 players who are playing it, and 50% of them are doing it just for the credits/challenges.

> In my opinion it was boring, useless and unnecessary. Plus it is only approximately 3000 players who are playing it, and 50% of them are doing it just for the credits/challenges.

I played all of my proper Firefight matches offline, so I could relive ODST’s gameplay. All of the matchmade Firefight gametypes were boring.

I think the main issue with Reach’s Firefight was the map design, they were all too open and allowed you to sit back and pick off enemies far too easily, AAs also made it far easier, with Drop Shield it is nearly impossible to die.

If they had just given us some Windward style Firefight maps, that were based on defense rather than offense, as Firefight should be, I think it would have been great fun.

> Nothing will ever beat Halo ODST’s firefight. Earning that vidmaster achievement to get Recon was one of the hardest things I have ever done…but wow was it fun.
>
> Reach’s firefight was just target practice, completely different. Maybe Spartan OPs will freshen things up.
>
> OP if you want to kill things with ease, just play match making, most players suck.

I agree, firefight in ODST was fun. In Reach, people were given options to cheat, which killed firefight for me.

One thing to note is that Spartan Ops will have missions that are like firefight. Therefore, firefight is just getting folded into Spartan Ops really.

I’m sad that they are removing it, but I can live with it. ODST’s firefight was really fun where as I found it really boring on Reach, maybe it was the maps. ODST had some very fun firefight maps but the ones on Reach weren’t, just something about ODST’s firefight if not the maps was awesome, I could careless about it being in Reach the way it is in that game. I just want it in Halo 4 to see if it’s fun like ODST’s again.

>
> It wasnt about survival. It was about target practice and free points.
>
> Spartan ops will be set with multiple objectives to accomplish. Good riddance to firefight I say

lol so much this!

Eh, Firefight wasn’t that great anyway. But Spartan Ops, a separate campaign for Halo 4 that is released weekly? That sounds great!

I play quite a bit of FF, but I am more excited for Spartan Ops and don’t mind it taking the place of FF.

Someone brought up the best point to this conversation. Firefight, compared to Horde, Zombies and Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, it is lacking. While fun for a short time, it shortly becomes boring.

By cutting Firefight, 343 can focus on what is the bread and butter of Halo, Matchmaking. I too enjoyed firefight, but its a short lived joy as the current state of it was just lackluster. I would much rather have a “smaller” amount of great content, then a wide variety of okay content. If cutting Firefight makes matchmaking better, I am all for it.

I truly understand and respect that you are upset over something you love, but 343 has to see what is in high demand in Halo, and firefight is just not highly populated from what I have seen.

But fret not, we do not know if down the road, firefight wont make a resurgence of some sort. 343 listens to its fans and delivers from all I have seen. So sit tight, and don’t be discouraged just quite yet.

I see absolutely no reason why they shouldn’t include Firefight in Halo 4.
Obviously, people enjoyed it in both Reach and ODST.
Sure, some people may not have enjoyed the firefight that was placed in Reach’s matchmaking…but does that really mean the entire game mode should be removed in it’s entirety? I’d much rather have the customizable firefight experience I get from Reach than a weekly updated mission mode.