Why remove playlists?

Seriously. Removing the playlists that people love to play (i.e. Action Sack or Firefight Doubles) will just lower Reach’s population than what it already is. A good example of the cutting of Reach’s population was removing Squad Slayer, a few months back. That playlist had a decent 2000 players in it at peak hours. When it disappeared, a solid 5000 people didn’t play anymore. Just keep all the playlists and only remove the ones that everyone hates. coughsuperslayercough

Oh, and don’t reply with a stupid reason like “It was to streamline the experience” or “not enough people played it” because that’s total -Yoink-. As long as people are playing the game in an enjoyable playlist, you have a great game.

343, I’m losing faith with you and the future of Halo.

You know Bungie did the same thing, right?

> You know Bungie did the same thing, right?

At least they were smart with what playlist(s) they removed.

> > You know Bungie did the same thing, right?
>
> At least they were smart with what playlist(s) they removed.

How do you mean? They did the same thing that 343i did. They trimmed playlists based on population numbers. Happened very frequently. The also made playlists DLC required, which wasn’t a lot of fun if you didn’t have DLC. Now it’s just the opposite.

It doesn’t matter what playlist gets trimmed. Some one loved that list, and is now upset by it. It’s a lose-lose situation, no matter how you cut it. One thing is fact. It’s gone, and it’s never coming back. I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.

> > > You know Bungie did the same thing, right?
> >
> > At least they were smart with what playlist(s) they removed.
>
> How do you mean? They did the same thing that 343i did. They trimmed playlists based on population numbers. Happened very frequently. The also made playlists DLC required, which wasn’t a lot of fun if you didn’t have DLC. Now it’s just the opposite.
>
> It doesn’t matter what playlist gets trimmed. Some one loved that list, and is now upset by it. It’s a lose-lose situation, no matter how you cut it. One thing is fact. It’s gone, and it’s never coming back. I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.

DLC required playlists made the game less rage enducing without those people who had no DLC. They also made the DLC actually playable in MM without being in a full party. In H3, with most playlists being DLC required, great maps like Standoff came up, if you were playing in it. If you then switch over to a non-DLC required playlist, you get the smae map options again and again. So IMO, Bungie did a better job with how they managed their playlists. All 343 are doing is adding community maps to TS and removing playlists that most people loved.

> > You know Bungie did the same thing, right?
>
> At least they were smart with what playlist(s) they removed.

Ah yes, because if you’re going to remove playlists the last ones you should pick are the redundant and lowly populated ones, right?

> > > > You know Bungie did the same thing, right?
> > >
> > > At least they were smart with what playlist(s) they removed.
> >
> > How do you mean? They did the same thing that 343i did. They trimmed playlists based on population numbers. Happened very frequently. The also made playlists DLC required, which wasn’t a lot of fun if you didn’t have DLC. Now it’s just the opposite.
> >
> > It doesn’t matter what playlist gets trimmed. Some one loved that list, and is now upset by it. It’s a lose-lose situation, no matter how you cut it. One thing is fact. It’s gone, and it’s never coming back. I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.
>
> DLC required playlists made the game less rage enducing without those people who had no DLC. They also made the DLC actually playable in MM without being in a full party. In H3, with most playlists being DLC required, great maps like Standoff came up, if you were playing in it. If you then switch over to a non-DLC required playlist, you get the smae map options again and again. So IMO, Bungie did a better job with how they managed their playlists. All 343 are doing is adding community maps to TS and removing playlists that most people loved.

Bungie was also met with a lot of ire over making the playlists DLC required. You can’t argue that. There were a lot of angry threads in the H3 forums over it. And it happened several times as they made each map pack required. It wasn’t the most popular decision. They also truncated a lot of playlists, right up until the release of Reach. And every-time something was dropped, there was a public outcry. Unfortunately, playlists like Squad had peak populations of 250 at times. That right there puts it on the chopping block.

The part that probably baffles me the the most, is that the public outcry comes now. Well after those playlists were dead, and it comes from people that didn’t even play those playlists. I haven’t seem anyone complaining about it that had over a 100 games in any one of those playlists.

I am in total agreement. firefight doubles was the only playlist that my wife and i could enjoyably play together. now i don’t know what we are going to do.

Why the -Yoink- have you removed anniversary ffa I played that day in day so why the hell would you remove it

> Why the -Yoink!- have you removed anniversary ffa I played that day in day so why the hell would you remove it

Guess what bud, the world doesn’t revolve around you. Anniversary FFA had a very poor population and has done for months, it was a waste of a space keeping it.

I just want the DLC back, I only have 3 achievements to go and now the chances of me getting them are slimmer because you need to get put in a matchmaking game where everyone has the DLC, which is unlikely.

> Why the -Yoink!- have you removed anniversary ffa I played that day in day so why the hell would you remove it

Because it had a poor population.

I payed for anniversary map pack and there is only two playlists now wtf is the point, they have basically robbed my money

Would like to add my displeasure at the cutting of the Firefight Doubles list. I can understand cutting some playlists that require matchmaking and have low populations, but I would wager that pretty much all of the FF Doubles games were two people going in together. This isn’t going to move me to other playlists - it will be moving me to other games.

I hate this update! I play with three people on the same console and Anniversary BTB was the only big team slayer we could play! I’m also angry that they took away Firefight Doubles and Action Sack! I paid for the Anniversary maps and I want to be able to play Anniversary big team. How are we supposed to play big team now?
I’ve been a loyal Halo fan since the beginning, but this August update change has really made me angry!

WHY DID THEY REMOVE BTB ANNIVERSARY :frowning: GOD THIS IS HEARTBREAKING

Meh, I’m alright with the changes they made. Anni FFA? Never played it. Anni BTB? I’ll live. I get DLC maps in super slayer and regular team slayer all the time so I don’t know what you guys are talking about. Also, I love it when people say they’re fans from the beginning but then decide that a few matchmaking updates ruin Halo for them and they won’t buy halo 4. It just seems silly to me. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

People have opinions. I like Super Slayer more than Team Slayer, but I bet someone out there likes Team Slayer more than Super Slayer.

There’s only 1 anniversarry playlist now… Not including firefight. SMH

But, I don’t think that’s the problem: the problem is that all maps DLCs are not for free, you paid for it and, suddenly, with no previous advice, everything is gone!!! I don’t think this is the right thing to do with Halo’s consumers, certainly some of the most faithful in the world.