Why Radar Needs to Change (Exampled)

Let me first start off by saying, I know how -Yoink- the halo family has become. So instead of just sitting on my butt and -Yoinking!- about change, I will give my reasons.

1. Does not match with the Spartan Abilities (SA)
    Something has to give, it’s the SA or the radar. Now I like the SA, but I know the most fans hate it… But once again… Most “fans” would get made if they gave chief a new gun and say it isn’t “Halo.”

These things don’t match because we have all this speed but the radar isn’t big enough to help us see them coming. I will be fighting a guy and out of no where this player is getting easy kills because he is running full speed without any way of me knowing where he is. Those players get free kills and don’t have to use skill. Should the radar be 25m, players with skill have a chance to turn the tide and punish the player for just running at full speed.

1. doesn’t fit the maps.

This isn’t about the maps being bad not good, this is about that players are able to run around a small map because of the fact that the radar is to small and doesn’t fit the map size.

1. Skill gap.

Read point one. It’s makes a bigger skill gap.

Revert back to 25m already please.

> 2535415766520141;2:
> Revert back to 25m already please.

Agreed

I’m in agreement, the lack of range on the tracker on smaller maps is an issue as a player at full sprint can close the tracker distance without worry about being detected before he/she is in lethal CQC range. You could effectively remove the tracker from those maps as it serves very little purpose unless they on a level above or below you.

Maybe keep the 18m, but if Spartans are moving at full speed they are indicated on the edge of the radar somehow. I like the small radar for map movement going undetected, but I hate getting spartan charged or ground pounded before the enemy even shows up on the radar.

Just ditch radar completely. Worked like a gem in H2 and H3 competitive play.

> 2533274803983077;6:
> Just ditch radar completely. Worked like a gem in H2 and H3 competitive play.

Except getting Spartan Charged from behind without any time to react never happened in Classic Halo.

Couple things I want to bring up.

First off, a smaller radar is nice because I am no longer play Halo staring at my radar half the time.

Second, with the new SA you can still react to players who close in on you and make plays example of how SA makes up for not having bigger radar

The reason 343i came out with about why the radar is shorter I think are valid enough to implement a smaller radar.

25m was way better

If the radar is going to be so small it should color code where the player is, if the opposing Spartan is above you it should be red on radar, same level yellow, below green…

This would at least make the small radar useful in these multi-level maps.

OP, you talk about skill in your post, but yet you are requesting for the radar to be increased which produces unskilled game play. Cool, I see a red dot over there, let me pop a squat,wait for this person to come to me, then throw a nade and shoot once and I get a kill. I’m not sure how radar improves your skill, because it provides you with information that you did not work for. If someone charges you without you knowing, you deserve to be killed in that scenario. It is easily heard when someone is using sprint or any other spartan ability. The maps are way to small to increase the radar. Sure, you can increase the radar in BTB and Warzone since there are many things going on all at once, but increasing radar in Arena is a bad idea. What should really happen, as others have stated, is to create a playlist with no radar. Not sure why the most casual playlist (SWAT) gets BR starts and no radar. Never made sense to me.

> 2533274819330655;10:
> If the radar is going to be so small it should color code where the player is, if the opposing Spartan is above you it should be red on radar, same level yellow, below green…
>
> This would at least make the small radar useful in these multi-level maps.

The radar does show you this. The red dot is bold if the person is on the same level as you, and a lighter red if the person is above or below you.

I like the current radar

+! OP

> 2535415766520141;2:
> Revert back to 25m already please.

Those players still exist in BTB and Warzone where 25m radar is implemented. It really doesn’t make that much of a difference.

maybe you guys need to buy a new headset!

i can allways hear if someones coming from behind

thx to astro#)

25m

I like how they have it in Halo 5; It gives enough information to the play but can also be dodged by simply walking. I also love the fact now INVIZ does not show up walking around (sprinting they do, so that’s nice)

I have never been a fan of motion tracker since the CE days.

I also don’t understand when people argue the smaller distance slows the game down. It does the exact opposite, it speeds the game up. No more (see you WAY over there and you see me) let’s see who gets bored first to attack. Also, as the post a few about me stated “not watching my radar half the game”. ← I hated that fact when I played previous Halo games, it required you to do this because if you didn’t you always ran into someone that saw you and just stopped moving. ← That isn’t out playing someone.

The tracker gives you enough feedback that your headphones do, when you hear someone you can see them on the motion tracker, “that’s PERFECT!” because the sound in this game isn’t very directional.

What I hated the most in previous games, the worst one was Reach. You could see almost 1/4 of the map and it also showed you arrows to where the person was. How much grenade hand holding is really needed in this game?

Please do not change it!

> 2533274849316445;3:
> > 2535415766520141;2:
> > Revert back to 25m already please.
>
>
> Agreed

3rd that

> 2533274849316445;3:
> > 2535415766520141;2:
> > Revert back to 25m already please.
>
>
> Agreed

Agreed x2

This is needed badly, I suffer through Warzone until i get to rank 5 and am able to use my Radar armor ability, It’s next to impossible to see any enemy players without it before its to late and they kill you with either spartan charge or a melee/gun combo. Give us a bigger radar to combat the faster game-play!