Why punish good players?

I’ve recently noticed that if you were to pick up and use a power weapon, let’s say Sniper, and you’re so good with it that you don’t die then the next one will not spawn until you do. This means that the other team can grab their power weapon, their sniper, and be using it when you don’t have a counter.

So, why punish the good players that are good with said power weapon?

It used to be that if you still had it and it was empty, you could swap it for another weapon and then the new one would spawn as long as the timer had passed, i.e you picked up the 8:50 sniper and then after 5:50 you switch it out and it spawns.

This way was much better as the other team would still get their sniper, but you wouldn’t have to die to get yours.

if you put it down it will respawn (unless things have changed) you should have no problem

I’m sorry but why would you think you had to kill yourself to get a weapon to spawn?

Also I think this is the wrong forum for this topic.

The sniper is an important weapon. Maybe you ought to try pacing yourself to only using it when an important situation arises, rather than sniping everything you see as soon as you get it.

In Reach, a weapon starts respawning as soon as you run out of ammo with it or it disappears, i don’t think it will be different from that.

> I’m sorry but why would you think you had to kill yourself to get a weapon to spawn?
>
> Also I think this is the wrong forum for this topic.

Because I’ve experienced it first hand playing TU Arena on Select. I had the 8:50 sniper and didn’t die with it. I switch it out for the Needle Rifle and the new one didn’t spawn at 5:50. I ran top mid, shot a few guys and eventually died. When that happened the Sniper spawned.

Another game on the same map, someone else grabbed the sniper and didn’t die with it. 5:50 rolled around and our sniper wasn’t up. When they died, I ran back to our base and the sniper had finally spawned.

If this has been purposely implemented in to Reach as an improvement to the old system which I’ve described in the OP, then it would be implemented in to H4. For that reason this thread is perfectly justifiable in the H4 forum.

> The sniper is an important weapon. Maybe you ought to try pacing yourself to only using it when an important situation arises, rather than sniping everything you see as soon as you get it.

I don’t know what you read but this doesn’t make any sense. I know how to use the sniper just fine thanks.

> > I’m sorry but why would you think you had to kill yourself to get a weapon to spawn?
> >
> > Also I think this is the wrong forum for this topic.
>
> Because I’ve experienced it first hand playing TU Arena on Select. I had the 8:50 sniper and didn’t die with it. I switch it out for the Needle Rifle and the new one didn’t spawn at 5:50. I ran top mid, shot a few guys and eventually died. When that happened the Sniper spawned.
>
> Another game on the same map, someone else grabbed the sniper and didn’t die with it. 5:50 rolled around and our sniper wasn’t up. When they died, I ran back to our base and the sniper had finally spawned.
>
> If this has been purposely implemented in to Reach as an improvement to the old system which I’ve described in the OP, then it would be implemented in to H4. For that reason this thread is perfectly justifiable in the H4 forum.
>
>
>
> > The sniper is an important weapon. Maybe you ought to try pacing yourself to only using it when an important situation arises, rather than sniping everything you see as soon as you get it.
>
> I don’t know what you read but this doesn’t make any sense. I know how to use the sniper just fine thanks.

Well, in default setting it respawns when you drop it, but anyone who has spent some time in forge in custom games can tell you there are settings you can tweak involving weapon spawn (not just spawn times),

so it’s pretty interesting that you mentioned it was an Arena game on a forged map, I’m pretty curious to know if this setting has to do with Arena, or whether it’s just map specific.

I think the bigger problem is how easy power weapons are to use in Reach compared to Halo 3 for example.

> > I’m sorry but why would you think you had to kill yourself to get a weapon to spawn?
> >
> > Also I think this is the wrong forum for this topic.
>
> Because I’ve experienced it first hand playing TU Arena on Select. I had the 8:50 sniper and didn’t die with it. I switch it out for the Needle Rifle and the new one didn’t spawn at 5:50. I ran top mid, shot a few guys and eventually died. When that happened the Sniper spawned.
>
> Another game on the same map, someone else grabbed the sniper and didn’t die with it. 5:50 rolled around and our sniper wasn’t up. When they died, I ran back to our base and the sniper had finally spawned.
>
> If this has been purposely implemented in to Reach as an improvement to the old system which I’ve described in the OP, then it would be implemented in to H4. For that reason this thread is perfectly justifiable in the H4 forum.
>
>
>
> > The sniper is an important weapon. Maybe you ought to try pacing yourself to only using it when an important situation arises, rather than sniping everything you see as soon as you get it.
>
> I don’t know what you read but this doesn’t make any sense. I know how to use the sniper just fine thanks.

Just tested it sniper spawns just fine.

> if you put it down it will respawn (unless things have changed) you should have no problem

Except it’s been stated that Power Weapons are not on a set timer like regular starting weapons.

> I’ve recently noticed that if you were to pick up and use a power weapon, let’s say Sniper, and you’re so good with it that you don’t die then the next one will not spawn until you do. This means that the other team can grab their power weapon, their sniper, and be using it when you don’t have a counter.
>
> So, why punish the good players that are good with said power weapon?
>
> It used to be that if you still had it and it was empty, you could swap it for another weapon and then the new one would spawn as long as the timer had passed, i.e you picked up the 8:50 sniper and then after 5:50 you switch it out and it spawns.
>
> This way was much better as the other team would still get their sniper, but you wouldn’t have to die to get yours.

If you’re talking about Reach you’re in the wrong forum. That being said maybe you were mistaken, cause it always spawns for me.

This isn’t punishing good players because what you said is not true. Weapons respawn when they run out of ammo and have passed the respawn delay (even when it is being used), not when the player dies.

What does punish good players is the 1-50 ranking system because good players are not rewarded for doing well while bad players can be rewarded for doing nothing simply for the rest of the team winning.
If you had Reach’s ranking system and the credit jackpot came up for the team that won, XP/credits were deducted for betrayals and suicides (but only for the points that you would gain in that game and it doesn’t go below zero to prevent deranking), and XP/credits were given for objective based medals such as returning/capturing flags, etc.; then it would be much fairer for the team and good players. Granted, there would be a few issues, but then again there is never going to be a perfect ranking system.

It would also be nice to see players of equal skill being put together, not just based on ranks (ranks are a bad demonstration of skill, but could be better with the system I noted). Being put with really good people and really bad people is not fun and can be boring for both sides. Some people love the easy kills, but it removes the elements of “skill” from the game.

> This isn’t punishing good players because what you said is not true. Weapons respawn when they run out of ammo and have passed the respawn delay (even when it is being used), not when the player dies.
>
> What does punish good players is the 1-50 ranking system because good players are not rewarded for doing well while bad players can be rewarded for doing nothing simply for the rest of the team winning.
> If you had Reach’s ranking system and the credit jackpot came up for the team that won, XP/credits were deducted for betrayals and suicides (but only for the points that you would gain in that game and it doesn’t go below zero to prevent deranking), and XP/credits were given for objective based medals such as returning/capturing flags, etc.; then it would be much fairer for the team and good players. Granted, there would be a few issues, but then again there is never going to be a perfect ranking system.
>
> It would also be nice to see players of equal skill being put together, not just based on ranks (ranks are a bad demonstration of skill, but could be better with the system I noted). Being put with really good people and really bad people is not fun and can be boring for both sides. Some people love the easy kills, but it removes the elements of “skill” from the game.

Please stop you have no idea what you’re talking about. The 1-50 rewards better players by allowing us to play better players. I was a 41 in Halo 3 and I loved the games I was in because I was usually playing against 40’s-45’s. Games were fun, and I was against people of my skill level.

In Reach’s cr system, I am Gold in arena and end up playing against Iron’s and Bronzes one game(boring and easy) then against Onyxs the next(hard but still fun even though I usually go negative). I should never have to play against bad players. I want people on my level or better cuse that’s the only way I get better.

You simply need to drop the empty weapon to get it to respawn.