Why Promethean Vision IS NOT OP

I have seen countless threads here that state that PV is OP. What is wrong with these threads, is that the people making them are reacting emotionally and are not looking at it objectively. So let’s set aside our emotions and start from a point of neutrality shall we?
An Over Powered AA or Weapon is one that gives the user an unfair advantage over people who do not have it.
Does PV do this? Well, a lot of people use footage of PV being used to suggest that “seeing through walls” and “MLG players are using it” somehow make it OP. In order for PV to be OP, it would have to have no counter at all. AL for example, it is OP because it cant be shot around like the Hardlight Sheild, it also takes out your shields if you get too close to it. This makes it an OP AA.
PV by comparison has several things that allow it to be countered.

  1. Radar, everyone has it and it essentially does the same thing, except of course in 2D
  2. The sounds, if someone with PV is using it in range of you. You can hear it, this gives you plenty of opportunity to either set up a trap or -Yoink-.
  3. AA’s, Hardlight Sheild and Hologram are two (that we know about) that can easily counter PV.
    With this said, i don’t understand how it can be called OP, when it clearly isn’t.

PS: 343i have probably tweaked it, have F4ith guys

PV is going to be that ability everyone uses once or twice then relises their better off with something more usefull

I see PV as a good AA for Infection modes, rather than that stupid evade crap.

> PV is going to be that ability everyone uses once or twice then relises their better off with something more usefull

This^
It’s not really useless since it allows you to see where people are facing, which weapon they hold any it allows you to perfectly line up a sniper headshot when people are going to turn around a corner…but that is not OP.
Also, they tweaked it so let’s see what happens.

So seeing what weapons your enemy has around the corner, which direction they’re walking and speed they’re going, having a MUCH longer range than the motion tracker and seeing what direction they’re facing isn’t overpowered?

It seems in Halo 4 everyone will know what you’re about to do before you do it and then utilise an attack before the other player realises what’s going on.

From what I understand, it’s overpowered.

God -Yoink!-, OP. It’s almost 3AM and you forced me to sign in.

> 2. The sounds, if someone with PV is using it in range of you. You can hear it, this gives you plenty of opportunity to either set up a trap or Yoink!.

Good luck “Setting a trap” for somebody who know’s you’re there.

> 3. AA’s, Hardlight Sheild and Hologram are two (that we know about) that can easily counter PV.

Unless using PV forces you to spawn without grenades, you have a counted to the Hardlight Shield and unless 343 have managed to find a way to make Holograms not look like complete idiots, it has no counter. In fact, lets not even pretend Hologram is a counter to anything.

> With this said, i don’t understand how it can be called OP, when it clearly isn’t.

It isn’t OP? If I used a wallhack on any other game I would be banned instantly.

> PS: 343i have probably tweaked it, have F4ith guys

I said it once and I’ll say it again. How do you balance a wallhack?

> I have seen countless threads here that state that PV is OP. What is wrong with these threads, is that the people making them are reacting emotionally and are not looking at it objectively. So let’s set aside our emotions and start from a point of neutrality shall we?
> An Over Powered AA or Weapon is one that gives the user an unfair advantage over people who do not have it.
> Does PV do this? Well, a lot of people use footage of PV being used to suggest that “seeing through walls” and “MLG players are using it” somehow make it OP. In order for PV to be OP, it would have to have no counter at all. AL for example, it is OP because it cant be shot around like the Hardlight Sheild, it also takes out your shields if you get too close to it. This makes it an OP AA.
> PV by comparison has several things that allow it to be countered.
> 1. Radar, everyone has it and it essentially does the same thing, except of course in 2D
> 2. The sounds, if someone with PV is using it in range of you. You can hear it, this gives you plenty of opportunity to either set up a trap or Yoink!.
> 3. AA’s, Hardlight Sheild and Hologram are two (that we know about) that can easily counter PV.
> With this said, i don’t understand how it can be called OP, when it clearly isn’t.
>
> PS: 343i have probably tweaked it, have F4ith guys

nope its the new armor lock. everyone is going to complain about it and want it this way over that way. etc etc.
i wont know whats it like until the game comes out,

I don’t see why these threads about Pro vision need to be made anymore. The Halo Council had an article that was listing the nerfs 343 was making to features seen the E3 build. Promethean Vision has already been nerfed (i believe it was longer cooldown and shorter activation time).

I still don’t like wall hax but it’s not going anywhere regardless of how many times we cry about it. I’ll probably try it out in Campaign and that’s about it. My awareness isn’t so bad to rely on the AA anyways.

> I don’t see why these threads about Pro vision need to be made anymore. The Halo Council had an article that was listing the nerfs 343 was making to features seen the E3 build. Promethean Vision has already been nerfed (i believe it was longer cooldown and shorter activation time).
>
> I still don’t like wall hax but it’s not going anywhere regardless of how many times we cry about it.

In all honesty, thats all it needed. Im sure people are still going to use it but not as frequently.

People don’t seem to realize that any skilled player who has good situational awareness and who knows how to use their radar has no need for Promethean Vision. While watching the Halo 4 videos, the players would seem to completely replace the use of their radar for Promethean Vision, something which I find rather silly.

I mean, if you see a dot in front of you that’s just a regular red blip, do you really need to see through the wall to know that there’s a guy in the room in front of you? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

Sure, it may help defeat campers, but let’s be honest here, Halo isn’t as nearly full of campers as, say, Call of Duty. While playing a few hours of Halo Reach today, I hadn’t encountered a single camper throughout any game. I can say the same for the great majority of my days playing any Halo game, and Halo 4 shouldn’t be any different.

In plus, the ability to see the guy in the room next to you does absolutely nothing if you don’t have the proper weapons or skill to take him on.

It’s a wallhack. You can’t counter that. You can’t hide, you can’t set a trap because THEY CAN SEE YOU! It’s OP, without a doubt. It’s going to be the same crutch that bad players had in Reach, and it’s going to be abused by good players.

It’s going to be a huge problem, even with a nerf. No matter how much you nerf it, it’s still going to be a wallhack.

> > PV is going to be that ability everyone uses once or twice then relises their better off with something more usefull
>
> This^
> It’s not really useless since it allows you to see where people are facing, which weapon they hold any it allows you to perfectly line up a sniper headshot when people are going to turn around a corner…but that is not OP.
> Also, <mark>they tweaked it</mark> so let’s see what happens.

How have they changed it? o:

Having actually played the game myself, I can actually attest to how useful it is. While it may not be OP, it certainly is the most useful AA in the game that’s been playable so far, and I could see it becoming the “go to” AA like sprint was in Reach.

Think about it, you’re able to line up headshots as someone walks around a corner. You’re able to see the exact height location of a player. it can help you locate players further away than what your radar can. Not to mention you can see people who are crouching unlike with radar. And when used together with your radar, it only becomes more useful.

Think about it, having the skill to successfully strafe is far more useful than having the thruster pack or the hardlight shield, because you can still attack. If you’re good at strafing, those two armor abilities become less necessary. Hologram is useful for playing mind games, but it’s easy to tell what is or isn’t a hologram if you pay enough attention. Leaving provis as the most useful of the currently playable AAs.

I honestly thought the exact same as you, that it wouldn’t be as useful as all the MLG players originally made it out to be, but after playing with it I completely agree with them. It’s not OP, but it’s certainly the most useful AA we’ve seen as is. It might be tweaked at some point, but right now it’s super useful.

> > > PV is going to be that ability everyone uses once or twice then relises their better off with something more usefull
> >
> > This^
> > It’s not really useless since it allows you to see where people are facing, which weapon they hold any it allows you to perfectly line up a sniper headshot when people are going to turn around a corner…but that is not OP.
> > Also, <mark>they tweaked it</mark> so let’s see what happens.
>
> How have they changed it? o:

Longer recharge time…faster drainage things like that.

> People don’t seem to realize that any skilled player who has good situational awareness and who knows how to use their radar has no need for Promethean Vision. While watching the Halo 4 videos, the players would seem to completely replace the use of their radar for Promethean Vision, something which I find rather silly.

You know your right. I might use it a few times when get it but personally any ‘true’ halo player will avoid it, keep playing the way classic halo way to play.

Halo has never needed these abilites, I would happily give up all the abilities if it meant halo 4 being more like halo 1. I’m all for change but not when it sacrifices everything that made halo popular in the first place.

Ps I’m not saying this is putting me off since will be getting the limited edition but saying this is a feature I would remove if there is ever an option.

Some people are still saying it’s OP… you guys are looking at it from ONE PERSPECTIVE!

  1. 343i has nerfed it
  2. Anyone with a Radar and ears can easily avoid getting killed by someone with PV
  3. Unless you can come up with a situation that gives PV players an unfair advantage… then plz don’t say anything

Guys Promeanthan vision can only see through enemies that are behind 1 wall. If they are behind mutilpe walls you can not see them.

> In order for PV to be OP, it would have to have no counter at all.

The only counter to PV is PV.

I feel like in the E3 build PV was a little OP. I’m interested in seeing what changes 343i has made to it, because I think all that needed to be done was shortening its range and increasing the recharge time.

> So seeing what weapons your enemy has around the corner, which direction they’re walking and speed they’re going, having a MUCH longer range than the motion tracker and seeing what direction they’re facing isn’t overpowered?
>
> It seems in Halo 4 everyone will know what you’re about to do before you do it and then utilise an attack before the other player realises what’s going on.
>
> From what I understand, it’s overpowered.

It’s overpowered because of its range. If its range is reduced, I think it’ll be a little more balanced. Why? Because:

  1. Can be fooled by Holograms
  2. Active Camo is said to disrupt it in some way