Why Precursors are not the ancient evil.

first of all the ancient evil is 1 person not a race.

secondly we are fighting Prometheans.

The Didact is so far the prime suspect. Prometheans, a Cryptum, his symbol with “An Ancient Evil Awakens” over it. CEA terminal with his emblem, and the ESPN page that says d!d@ct.

And if the Precursors are involved then the Flood have to be sense the Timeless One said that they are both synonomous. But sense Franky said no Flood, no Precursors will be likely. Oh and the Timeless One is dead, so its not him.

I’d be surprised if it were the Didact. I’m not a betting man but I’d put money down on it being Faber. And I don’t think I’d go so far as to say that Precursors and flood are synonomous. Also, the timeless one was a gravemind, not a precursor. But when the third book comes out it could change all of this.

Your right, 343 already said they haven’t revealed the ancient evil. Or all the new enemies even. So yes the Prometheans are not the Ancient evil. I think the Ancient Evil is the Didact. And he will be the Chiefs nemesis!!!

I honestly don’t understand whats so important about the identity of this ancient evil, even if you knew what it was it would just make the game worse for you.

1. So? It could be one specific Precursor leading the Precursors against us. And I don’t remember anyone confirming that the Ancient Evil is one person. We just know that the Chief will have a nemisis. That doesn’t dismiss Precursors as a possibility.
  2. Yes, we are fighting Prometheans. But it was confirmed that we haven’t seen the Ancient Evil yet, so it can’t be them. It possible that they are just a side enemy, like the Flood. Or the main enemy in Halo 4, and the real Ancient Evil is revealed at the end.
  3. Didact will have a definite role in Halo 4, that is quite obvious. But his signs and stuff doesn’t completely confirm he is tue Ancient Evil.

The Precursors appearing just seems like it would create a more interesting and compelling story than saying a well known Forerunner is now evil, and giving an awesome explanation after Halo 4 in “Silentium”. The Didact, his unbound state so far, has a role. But that doesn’t mean he is the main Ancient Evil.

Have you guys read the books? There’s a lot of info in there that…

I don’t want to give anything away. I’m not that great a story teller anyhow.

> I’d be surprised if it were the Didact. I’m not a betting man but I’d put money down on it being Faber. And I don’t think I’d go so far as to say that Precursors and flood are synonomous. Also, the timeless one was a gravemind, not a precursor. But when the third book comes out it could change all of this.

The timeless one said that the Precursors and Flood were synonomous, meaning one in the same, which makes sense considering he is a Gravemind and Faber is doubtable IMO.

> 1. So? It could be one specific Precursor leading the Precursors against us. And I don’t remember anyone confirming that the Ancient Evil is one person. We just know that the Chief will have a nemisis. That doesn’t dismiss Precursors as a possibility.
> 2. Yes, we are fighting Prometheans. But it was confirmed that we haven’t seen the Ancient Evil yet, so it can’t be them. It possible that they are just a side enemy, like the Flood. Or the main enemy in Halo 4, and the real Ancient Evil is revealed at the end.
> 3. Didact will have a definite role in Halo 4, that is quite obvious. But his signs and stuff doesn’t completely confirm he is tue Ancient Evil.
>
>
> The Precursors appearing just seems like it would create a more interesting and compelling story than saying a well known Forerunner is now evil, and giving an awesome explanation after Halo 4 in “Silentium”. The Didact, his unbound state so far, has a role. But that doesn’t mean he is the main Ancient Evil.

With all of what you said, what do you think the Precursors will use to attack us?

> > I’d be surprised if it were the Didact. I’m not a betting man but I’d put money down on it being Faber. And I don’t think I’d go so far as to say that Precursors and flood are synonomous. Also, the timeless one was a gravemind, not a precursor. But when the third book comes out it could change all of this.
>
> The timeless one said that the Precursors and Flood were synonomous, meaning one in the same, which makes sense considering he is a Gravemind and Faber is doubtable IMO.

Its also possible that the Primordial was lying, or trying to misguide and manipulate the Didact.

> > I’d be surprised if it were the Didact. I’m not a betting man but I’d put money down on it being Faber. And I don’t think I’d go so far as to say that Precursors and flood are synonomous. Also, the timeless one was a gravemind, not a precursor. But when the third book comes out it could change all of this.
>
> The timeless one said that the Precursors and Flood were synonomous, meaning one in the same, which makes sense considering he is a Gravemind and Faber is doubtable IMO.

I hear ya, but synonomous could mean a couple things in this context. Could be a gravemind made up of precursors. The flood could have been created by precursors.
And Faber has no problem making destroying entire species while the Didact and his wife the librarian have worked to preserve them.

This is the fun part of Halo. All the mystery. The first trilogy had it and I’m glad it’s back for this one. Bear’s novels have been diliberatly vague and mysterious in parts. If you haven’t read them check it out. Great sci-fi.

> > 1. So? It could be one specific Precursor leading the Precursors against us. And I don’t remember anyone confirming that the Ancient Evil is one person. We just know that the Chief will have a nemisis. That doesn’t dismiss Precursors as a possibility.
> > 2. Yes, we are fighting Prometheans. But it was confirmed that we haven’t seen the Ancient Evil yet, so it can’t be them. It possible that they are just a side enemy, like the Flood. Or the main enemy in Halo 4, and the real Ancient Evil is revealed at the end.
> > 3. Didact will have a definite role in Halo 4, that is quite obvious. But his signs and stuff doesn’t completely confirm he is tue Ancient Evil.
> >
> >
> > The Precursors appearing just seems like it would create a more interesting and compelling story than saying a well known Forerunner is now evil, and giving an awesome explanation after Halo 4 in “Silentium”. The Didact, his unbound state so far, has a role. But that doesn’t mean he is the main Ancient Evil.
>
> With all of what you said, what do you think the Precursors will use to attack us?

Well, it is said that when the Precursors left the galaxy… they continued creating.

So, I’m hoping they actually make a new species to test us. It has to be something the Chief hasn’t fought before, so that kind of rules out the Flood being used as the Ancient Evil.

> > > I’d be surprised if it were the Didact. I’m not a betting man but I’d put money down on it being Faber. And I don’t think I’d go so far as to say that Precursors and flood are synonomous. Also, the timeless one was a gravemind, not a precursor. But when the third book comes out it could change all of this.
> >
> > The timeless one said that the Precursors and Flood were synonomous, meaning one in the same, which makes sense considering he is a Gravemind and Faber is doubtable IMO.
>
> Its also possible that the Primordial was lying, or trying to misguide and manipulate the Didact.

Very true.

> I’d be surprised if it were the Didact. I’m not a betting man but I’d put money down on it being Faber. And I don’t think I’d go so far as to say that Precursors and flood are synonomous. Also, the timeless one was a gravemind, not a precursor. But when the third book comes out it could change all of this.

but wasnt the timeless one a precursor that became a gravemind.

>
> but wasnt the timeless one a precursor that became a gravemind.

Its possible. It is likely that it at least has some correct information on the Precursors. But, it could have been lying, deceiving, and manipulating the whole time… like it did with Mendicant Bias.

> first of all the ancient evil is 1 person not a race.

Is it?

> secondly we are fighting Prometheans.

So who controls the Prometheans? Do we know for sure the Didact is in control of all of them?

> The Didact is so far the prime suspect. Prometheans, a Cryptum, his symbol with “An Ancient Evil Awakens” over it. CEA terminal with his emblem, and the ESPN page that says d!d@ct.

You do know the books never portrayed the Didact as evil, be it the original or Bornsteller Didact. As for the CEA terminals, can we take everything said at face value? Spark WAS wrong about a lot in the games and the terminals.

> And if the Precursors are involved then the Flood have to be sense the Timeless One said that they are both synonomous. But sense Franky said no Flood, no Precursors will be likely. Oh and the Timeless One is dead, so its not him.

Except we don’t know what exactly the Primordial WAS. Was he a TRUE Precursor? Was he a creation by the Precursors? Either way, I have a feeling it’s physical body may be dead, but not it’s consciousness.

Either way, there are more Precursors lurking.

Let me ask you this question, what motivation does the Didact have to be evil? Since he’s been pretty much confirmed at this point and 343 have said the Ancient Evil is yet to be revealed, can it still be him?

> > > I’d be surprised if it were the Didact. I’m not a betting man but I’d put money down on it being Faber. And I don’t think I’d go so far as to say that Precursors and flood are synonomous. Also, the timeless one was a gravemind, not a precursor. But when the third book comes out it could change all of this.
> >
> > The timeless one said that the Precursors and Flood were synonomous, meaning one in the same, which makes sense considering he is a Gravemind and Faber is doubtable IMO.
>
> I hear ya, but synonomous could mean a couple things in this context. Could be a gravemind made up of precursors. The flood could have been created by precursors.
> And Faber has no problem making destroying entire species while the Didact and his wife the librarian have worked to preserve them.
>
> This is the fun part of Halo. All the mystery. The first trilogy had it and I’m glad it’s back for this one. Bear’s novels have been diliberatly vague and mysterious in parts. If you haven’t read them check it out. Great sci-fi.

Very true. All so very true.

> > > 1. So? It could be one specific Precursor leading the Precursors against us. And I don’t remember anyone confirming that the Ancient Evil is one person. We just know that the Chief will have a nemisis. That doesn’t dismiss Precursors as a possibility.
> > > 2. Yes, we are fighting Prometheans. But it was confirmed that we haven’t seen the Ancient Evil yet, so it can’t be them. It possible that they are just a side enemy, like the Flood. Or the main enemy in Halo 4, and the real Ancient Evil is revealed at the end.
> > > 3. Didact will have a definite role in Halo 4, that is quite obvious. But his signs and stuff doesn’t completely confirm he is tue Ancient Evil.
> > >
> > >
> > > The Precursors appearing just seems like it would create a more interesting and compelling story than saying a well known Forerunner is now evil, and giving an awesome explanation after Halo 4 in “Silentium”. The Didact, his unbound state so far, has a role. But that doesn’t mean he is the main Ancient Evil.
> >
> > With all of what you said, what do you think the Precursors will use to attack us?
>
> Well, it is said that when the Precursors left the galaxy… they continued creating.
>
> So, I’m hoping they actually make a new species to test us. It has to be something the Chief hasn’t fought before, so that kind of rules out the Flood being used as the Ancient Evil.

This would make since if the precursors created the flood.

Another reason I think its Precursors in some way is that the Primordial said that the Precursors would test Humanity once again in 100,000 years. That is huge. Its been 100,000 years, just about exactly when the Primordial promised we would be tested. It seems to important to dismiss, it seems like something big is about to happen.

I just had an idea. The Precursors want to test us. The Didact, some form of him, plays a role in the Reclaimer Trilogy.
What if the Precursors manipulate/corrupt the Didact, turning him on us as a way to test us? That would explain the Didact’s hostility and possible “motivation”. Then in Halo 5 or 6, the Didact is finally free from the Precursor’s manipulation, and in an epic conclusion, he joins with Humanity and turns on the Precurusors themselves… who made an appearance sometime.

Personally, the less I know about the campaign the better. I like suprises and the story of the Halo games.

> > > > 1. So? It could be one specific Precursor leading the Precursors against us. And I don’t remember anyone confirming that the Ancient Evil is one person. We just know that the Chief will have a nemisis. That doesn’t dismiss Precursors as a possibility.
> > > > 2. Yes, we are fighting Prometheans. But it was confirmed that we haven’t seen the Ancient Evil yet, so it can’t be them. It possible that they are just a side enemy, like the Flood. Or the main enemy in Halo 4, and the real Ancient Evil is revealed at the end.
> > > > 3. Didact will have a definite role in Halo 4, that is quite obvious. But his signs and stuff doesn’t completely confirm he is tue Ancient Evil.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The Precursors appearing just seems like it would create a more interesting and compelling story than saying a well known Forerunner is now evil, and giving an awesome explanation after Halo 4 in “Silentium”. The Didact, his unbound state so far, has a role. But that doesn’t mean he is the main Ancient Evil.
> > >
> > > With all of what you said, what do you think the Precursors will use to attack us?
> >
> > Well, it is said that when the Precursors left the galaxy… they continued creating.
> >
> > So, I’m hoping they actually make a new species to test us. It has to be something the Chief hasn’t fought before, so that kind of rules out the Flood being used as the Ancient Evil.
>
> This would make since if the precursors created the flood.

They did.

When they were defeated, the survivors got together and created something to get revenge on the Forerunners and test Humanity. The Flood.