Why people hate arena

Now I know arena is flawed but my question to you is why do you dislike it. I specifically dislike that you have to play 4 games for 5 days before you get any feedback on skill then have to wait till a new day each day to see your new placement.

Bloom, armour abilities and crappy maps. Oh, and one nade starts.

Lack of variety and that it is pure win/loss.

I hate how long it takes to find games and getting cheated. The non-fw are pretty crappy (looking at you countdown, swordbase, reflection, and boardwalk).

It’s also kind of annoying how the seasons reset and there’s nothing to show for how much you play it. After I get 1% onyx there’s literally no incentive to play until I lose it from not playing.

The perks are:
Competition
Win/Loss ranking system
A ranked playlist

I’d like to see every playlist move to a permanent Arena system so basically everything is ranked.

got retarted after 2 months. I used to have a four person team when the game came out. We collected and co-invented/refined most of the cheap strategies people use now. We had about four strategies for every map. Then, everyone started using them.

> got retarted after 2 months. I used to have a four person team when the game came out. We collected and co-invented/refined most of the cheap strategies people use now. We had about four strategies for every map. Then, everyone started using them.

Yeah that’s not even close to true. You have 20 games of Arena played and you did very poorly.

It resets your progress every three months.

People are smart and play MLG for real competition. Too bad that’s not ranked eh?

Full teams (for some reason) are harder to create in Reach (opinion of course). Never run Arena alone unless you are really good (this won’t work at higher level play of course)

Jetpack abuse (but to honest you don’t see this until 20 to 1 percent Onyx play. Just quit out if you are blue team on Reflection at this level.)

Crouching Tigers (again, refer to the above).

No objective gametypes (for KD padders and objective lovers, Arena lacks this), goes hand in hand with the lack of variety.

> It resets your progress every three months.
>
> People are smart and play MLG for real competition. Too bad that’s not ranked eh?
>
> Full teams (for some reason) are harder to create in Reach (opinion of course)
>
>
> Jetpack abuse (but to honest you don’t see this until 20 to 1 percent Onyx play. Just quit out if you are blue team on Reflection at this level)
>
>
> Crouching Tigers (again, refer to the above).
>
>
> No objective gametypes (for KD padders and objective lovers, Arena lacks this), goes hand in hand with the lack of variety.
>
>
> No DLC maps? Not even Anchor 9? :frowning: :frowning:

Anchor 9 is in Arena.

Basically for Arena to succeed there needs to be more incentive to play it, and redundant playlists need to be removed. Add Arena Squad Battle, Arena Dubs, Arena Snipes, Arena Swat, Arena FFA, and remove corresponding social playlist.

> > It resets your progress every three months.
> >
> > People are smart and play MLG for real competition. Too bad that’s not ranked eh?
> >
> > Full teams (for some reason) are harder to create in Reach (opinion of course)
> >
> >
> > Jetpack abuse (but to honest you don’t see this until 20 to 1 percent Onyx play. Just quit out if you are blue team on Reflection at this level)
> >
> >
> > Crouching Tigers (again, refer to the above).
> >
> >
> > No objective gametypes (for KD padders and objective lovers, Arena lacks this), goes hand in hand with the lack of variety.
> >
> >
> > No DLC maps? Not even Anchor 9? :frowning: :frowning:
>
> Anchor 9 is in Arena.
>
> Basically for Arena to succeed there needs to be more incentive to play it, and redundant playlists need to be removed. Add Arena Squad Battle, Arena Dubs, Arena Snipes, Arena Swat, Arena FFA, and remove corresponding social playlist.

I haven’t played Arena a season or so ago. I’ll have to re edit that.

Otherwise i can’t argue with the rest of your post. It would add more rank to the game because it’s “competitive” offerings is just one big social playlist. Would it be viable to add MLG to Arena? After all, TS would remain in social and MLG is the pinnacle of competitive play.

> > > I haven’t played Arena a season or so ago. I’ll have to re edit that.
> > >
> > > Otherwise i can’t argue with the rest of your post. It would add more rank to the game because it’s “competitive” offerings is just one big social playlist. Would it be viable to add MLG to Arena? After all, TS would remain in social and MLG is the pinnacle of competitive play.
> >
> > I can’t speak for the MLG community, but I think they would prefer to keep it unranked but with tighter true skill restrictions and party restrictions.

Alongside the long wait for an actual rank, the lack of rank (By this, I mean the rank given by the arena system) influencing other ranks. If I play an amazing team and do poorly, the system gives me a very poor rating. I play a team of new players and do well, I’m given an awesome rank.

> Alongside the long wait for an actual rank, the lack of rank (By this, I mean the rank given by the arena system) influencing other ranks. If I play an amazing team and do poorly, the system gives me a very poor rating. I play a team of new players and do well, I’m given an awesome rank.

Your rating means nothing though.

And on top of that, you get placed in a division after 3 days of play. It’s just not seen in game but you can get it on metahalo.com.

> > > > I haven’t played Arena a season or so ago. I’ll have to re edit that.
> > > >
> > > > Otherwise i can’t argue with the rest of your post. It would add more rank to the game because it’s “competitive” offerings is just one big social playlist. Would it be viable to add MLG to Arena? After all, TS would remain in social and MLG is the pinnacle of competitive play.
> > >
> > > I can’t speak for the MLG community, but I think they would prefer to keep it unranked but with tighter true skill restrictions and party restrictions.
> >
> > I creep around on the MLG forums sometimes just to get their opinions… and they want a real ranking system back.

I think people dislike arena ranking because of seasons, I personally dont care.

I actually enjoy Arena. Can’t argue with a playlist that is always DMR starts.

search times.

there’s no incentive to play it.

> Now I know arena is flawed but my question to you is why do you dislike it. I specifically dislike that you have to play 4 games for 5 days before you get any feedback on skill then have to wait till a new day each day to see your new placement.

Bloom, its random, its BS and when goign against people who want to win it just becomes unbearable

AAs kill competitive play, if you ever played uncaged with jetpack halo turns into armored core really fast

slow movement and jump, 120 on both is a necessity for competitive play IMO

Ranks are limited to only the 1 arena playlist, why try my heart out for a rnak that no one outside of arena will see(no one iwll dig through 5 menus to find it)

thats why i dont play Arena, I went onyx once, my reach competitive itch has b een scratched until the above is implemented or at the least ZB

> > > > I haven’t played Arena a season or so ago. I’ll have to re edit that.
> > > >
> > > > Otherwise i can’t argue with the rest of your post. It would add more rank to the game because it’s “competitive” offerings is just one big social playlist. Would it be viable to add MLG to Arena? After all, TS would remain in social and MLG is the pinnacle of competitive play.
> > >
> > > I can’t speak for the MLG community, but I think they would prefer to keep it unranked but with tighter true skill restrictions and party restrictions.
> >
> > Visit the mlg forums your mind will change…

My main gripe with arena is the fact that it does not update on an instant basis. Your level in Halo 3 would do one of three things. Move up, move down, or stay the same. A player was never left in the dark about what their level was at any given time.

Arena on the other hand forces a player to wait until the next day to see what % they are in the division. I personally would like to know after a win or loss exactly where I am after the fact. This is why I feel 1-50 is superior in regards to Arena.

I posted this in the 1-50 thread