why ordnance is a great idea in halo...

i know, at the beginning I was just like the rest of you, “less random spawning crap, please”, but in the end, it is balanced, the change is welcome and needed, and it is most definitely showing that they aren’t going to go the way of cod and release the same game in 11 different iterations.

I say they’re balanced. that’s gotta be making some heads spin right about now. well, they’re balanced in the same way that halo’s weapons are balanced. while getting the rockets, splaser, sniper or shotty would be great every time, and they can feel OP at times, I haven’t been in too many games where I felt like I still couldn’t frag that player and take it from them. on that note. when I get the lesser, a speed boost, maybe overshield, a couple grenades… well, they may not be able to get me those kills, but they won’t be able to use my wares when I die, (unless they have resupply equipped, but then they could get nades from everyone anyways) and I’ve found all of those quite useful in getting a few extra kills as well. so while you may not get the “killing power to save your team” with the lesser ones, you’re also not giving the enemy a fully loaded saw when they group attack you and bring you down.

it’s welcome and necessary because for the love of god, I don’t want to be playing halo ce.6 right now. if you haven’t noticed halo is always changing. and that’s an awesome awesome thing. especially when you can still pop in the other halo’s this generation and play them too. they all play like different games. you can’t say that about pretty much any other shooter series this gen (hell, even bf3 feels like bfbc2… just way prettier.) I mean, we all talk about how much greater halo is than it’s behemoth competition, we’ll even bring up the laziness of the cod devs to sell us the same game every year; but the funny thing is, every time some one brings an addition to halo, we swear it’s the reason other players are better than we are. sometimes we have to understand, we’re not the greatest player in the game.

could it use some work? sure, i’d like to see them handle it similarly to killzone mercenary in the next one. you get to pick your drops and the length of time it takes to get that drop is determined by the value of the ordnance would be a great place to start.

this is just my opinion. I don’t want to play the same halo every time a new one releases, you may be different. if so, say so below. if not, tell us what you’d like to see in a halo game. i’d like to see a guardian so I can kill it and take my sweet, sweet revenge…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Stopped reading once I saw the post title

Couldnt agree anymore with you my friend.

See the thing that balanced ordnance is there never is a bad option. Everyone cries, ohh I got a needler he got whatever, but the needler is an excellent weapon! Remember that.

> Couldnt agree anymore with you my friend.

I knew this was coming.
I could truthfully care less about either option. I get a concussion rifle every PO. But others experience this, and we have yet to see what they will say. I have a pretty good sense of what they will say…

>

great, thanks for adding nothing. you’re a beacon of light and a shining example.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> >
>
> great, thanks for adding nothing. you’re a beacon of light and a shining example.

No problem . I often take things rather then add anyway . So au revoir

> Couldnt agree anymore with you my friend.
>
> See the thing that balanced ordnance is there never is a bad option. Everyone cries, ohh I got a needler he got whatever, but the needler is an excellent weapon! Remember that.

this is definitely part of it. we look at people who get rockets and snipers like it’s unfair… but I know ton of people who hate using those weapons. I mean, my favorite two are damage and the saw. i’m also happy to get a speed boost when I’m rockin a sword or a shotty. they’re all great options, but just like the weapons they all have their effective uses… sometimes people forget that and think they aren’t worth the trouble because they don’t fall in line with how they play. if none of the options are great in your opinion, drop it in the middle of your team and give it to them, i’m sure at least one player will appreciate it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

you’re wrong

> you’re wrong

well, I’ve given my reasons why, which i’m assuming you didn’t even read because you posted nothing. you’re opinion isn’t very valid if you have nothing to back it up with. argue the point or don’t post. why is this so hard for some of you to understand? my god, it was easier getting flamed than getting you all to post something with relevant content.

No.Personal Ordnance should be limited to extra ammo for your loadout weapon or grenades as the only options

> No.Personal Ordnance should be limited to extra ammo for your loadout weapon or grenades as the only options

could you explain why you feel that way… and you do realize you have those option in thegame right? i mean… ammo and grenadier and resupply… just sayin. READ THE OP PEOPLE, argue the points or don’t post… again, not hard to do.

stating your opinion is fine, but state why you feel that way. i KNOW the opinion out there, but none of you can counter my argument thus far with the “why nots”.

> > you’re wrong
>
> well, I’ve given my reasons why, which i’m assuming you didn’t even read because you posted nothing. you’re opinion isn’t very valid if you have nothing to back it up with. argue the point or don’t post. why is this so hard for some of you to understand? my god, it was easier getting flamed than getting you all to post something with relevant content.

There’s relevent content against it all over.

sure, I’ve read em. and I’ve come up with my reasons against it. you’re turn. see, balance is in the eye of the beholder. you can say giving an entire team snipers is unbalanced. i know lots of snipers i drop because they can’t sink a round into an immobile target even.

you’re terrible experiences aren’t theonly ones going on. again, read my post, and address the topic or don’t post. thanks again.

> > No.Personal Ordnance should be limited to extra ammo for your loadout weapon or grenades as the only options
>
> could you explain why you feel that way… and you do realize you have those option in thegame right? i mean… ammo and grenadier and resupply… just sayin. READ THE OP PEOPLE, argue the points or don’t post… again, not hard to do.
>
> stating your opinion is fine, but state why you feel that way. i KNOW the opinion out there, but none of you can counter my argument thus far with the “why nots”.

I already know we have those options, but the current personal ordnance system is terrible and way to random. You are pretty much screwed if the enemy team gets a really good power weapon from personal ordnance.

I personally believe that Initial Ordnance is fine, however Random Ordnance and Personal Ordnance are based on factors, hence creating a random feel in what you have the option of getting. Random Ordnance is set on a timed factor, with times varying (default settings place Random Ordnance to drop every 120-320 seconds). Also, Random Ordnance can have multiple weapon options, adding more of a random factor (random times + random weapons). Personal Ordnance options are based on a weighted factor, creating a random chance at getting options, and allowing certain weapons and options to have a higher chance at being received than other options (Ex. the chance of receiving a SAW outweighs the chance of an Incineration Cannon by a factor of 3.5:1, so you will receive the SAW 3x more often than you would receive an Incineration Cannon). Both of these options create a random feel in the gameplay that cannot be considered competitive.

> Not anywhere in that entire OP did I see an actual justification for why Ordnance could be balanced. “Ordnance is balanced because I don’t want to play Halo CE.6” is not a valid reason in the slightest.
>
> I never understood that logic (in general, not specifically targeting the OP). The “X is good because it is new” makes no sense whatsoever. You wouldn’t be saying that if 343 went overboard and did something like take shields, or something else fundamental, out of Halo 5 completely.

while getting the rockets, splaser, sniper or shotty would be great every time, and they can feel OP at times, I haven’t been in too many games where I felt like I still couldn’t frag that player and take it from them. on that note. when I get the lesser, a speed boost, maybe overshield, a couple grenades… well, they may not be able to get me those kills, but they won’t be able to use my wares when I die, (unless they have resupply equipped, but then they could get nades from everyone anyways) and I’ve found all of those quite useful in getting a few extra kills as well. so while you may not get the “killing power to save your team” with the lesser ones, you’re also not giving the enemy a fully loaded saw when they group attack you and bring you down.

that was from my second paragraph, you didn’t look that hard. a shotgun isn’t balanced to a br, but they are balanced in the game. same principle.

also, you don’t have any idea what i’m gonna say to those changes… that’s the way YOU would feel, not necessarily me. nice try though.

> I personally believe that Initial Ordnance is fine, however Random Ordnance and Personal Ordnance are based on factors, hence creating a random feel in what you have the option of getting. Random Ordnance is set on a timed factor, with times varying (default settings place Random Ordnance to drop every 120-320 seconds). Also, Random Ordnance can have multiple weapon options, adding more of a random factor (random times + random weapons). Personal Ordnance options are based on a weighted factor, creating a random chance at getting options, and allowing certain weapons and options to have a higher chance at being received than other options (Ex. the chance of receiving a SAW outweighs the chance of an Incineration Cannon by a factor of 3.5:1, so you will receive the SAW 3x more often than you would receive an Incineration Cannon). Both of these options create a random feel in the gameplay that cannot be considered competitive.

while everything you say is sound. again, the value of any of those is subjective. while the incineraton cannon is awesome… so is a speed boost given the right circumstances. i haven’t found a drop yet that i can’t stand using that I’ve been forced to take.

i agree, random can suck, which is why in my OP i stated that it isn’t perfect, could use some work and even provided a possible solution to that issue. might want to check that out. it’s in the second to last paragraph (in case you missed it.)

> > > Not anywhere in that entire OP did I see an actual justification for why Ordnance could be balanced. “Ordnance is balanced because I don’t want to play Halo CE.6” is not a valid reason in the slightest.
> > >
> > > I never understood that logic (in general, not specifically targeting the OP). The “X is good because it is new” makes no sense whatsoever. You wouldn’t be saying that if 343 went overboard and did something like take shields, or something else fundamental, out of Halo 5 completely.
> >
> > that was from my second paragraph, you didn’t look that hard. a shotgun isn’t balanced to a br, but they are balanced in the game. same principle.
>
> “I have taken quite a few guys down who have power weapons” isn’t valid either. For all we know, you could be at the very bottom of the True-Skill ranks playing against kids that barely know how to play the game or are incredibly terrible. You have yet to prove anything about balance from more than some vague and extremely personal experiences and you don’t seem fit to apply them justifiably to the entire population of Halo players, competitive or not.
>
>
>
> > also, you don’t have any idea what i’m gonna say to those changes… that’s the way YOU would feel, not necessarily me. nice try though.
>
> You’re right. Sorry for thinking that you’d be sensible enough to agree that “removing a fundamental part of Halo” (as I said) would be bad for Halo.
>
> You have yet to actually make a logical argument.

and this is a valid one? i love halo swat and if they decided to make a full swat game, i’d probably get it. any more brain busters? don’t assume everyone likes the same things, guy. i loved dual wielding, but you don’t hear me crying about how it’s not around anymore do you?

just because you can’t see anyone else’s point of view on apparently anything, and no ability to explain your opinion, doesn’t make anyone else’s less valid. again, telling me i’m wrong and illogical isn’t saying anything at all. if you don’t understand what i’m saying, tell me what you’re having problems with and i’ll be glad to expound on it, but you have literally said nothing at all this entire time. either add to the conversation, explaining your side with some details that fill in beyond “you’re dumb” or don’t post.

you’re also assuming we all assume you’re high cr. i damn sure don’t if you can’t work around the team getting a good drop. you’re at the bottom wrung of the ladder… or am i wrong? you have basically said you cant ever kill the guy who gets the drop from the other team. i wouldn’t be calling anyone terrible if i couldn’t drop a rocket user…

Personal ordnance is great! A skilled player can make use of anything he is given and it’s exciting and fun to get one.

Random ordnance is great! It takes lots of skill to be paying careful attention and react fast to run over and get one. You have to be on top of things. Anyone who says otherwise needs more practice! Hang in there

well, i haven’t checked and don’t care what you are. my k/d is well over 1.0 and i’m runnin it at a terribad connection. but i don’t care. i thought we were passed trying to say, “my stats are better, i know gaming more than you at this point” you’ll notice i didn’t bring it up first, you did. you’re illusion of skill is so irrelevant in a p2p server game it’s stupid.

as for me using my experiences as an example. you’re right. me assuming everyone has killed a sniper or rocket carrying person, or someone with a br and damage boost is EXACTLY the same as you assuming everyone hates a core change made to halo… which they’ve done… numerous times… I’ve stayed for all of em… even ordnance drops… i can see how you would call me a hypocrite and site that all my examples are bs… nobody else could have possibly had the experiences I’ve spoken of in the game, definitely not the majority of players… certainly not you who apparently could “destroy me at any second in game”! you wouldn’t know anything about overcoming a better geared player… it’s impossible!! (sarcasm, btw. i know i have to spell things out for ya)