why or how the forerunner...

Anyone know why or how the forerunners extinguish all the precursors? and Why the forerunners past the mantle to the humans?

Please someone tell me

Read cryptum and primordium.

1. The precursors tried to erase the forerunners (they made the forerunners and thought them to be failures).
  2. Everything you know about the mantle is probably wrong.

> Read cryptum and primordium.
>
> 1. The precursors tried to erase the forerunners (they made the forerunners and thought them to be failures).
> 2. Everything you know about the mantle is probably wrong.

Failures in what way? and what about the mantle is wrong?

> Read cryptum and primordium.
>
> 1. The precursors tried to erase the forerunners (they made the forerunners and thought them to be failures).
> 2. Everything you know about the mantle is probably wrong.

Spoiler tags?

:’(

I didn’t see this coming…

> > Read cryptum and primordium.
> >
> > 1. The precursors tried to erase the forerunners (they made the forerunners and thought them to be failures).
> > 2. Everything you know about the mantle is probably wrong.
>
> Spoiler tags?
>
> :’(
>
> I didn’t see this coming…

it was all a form of dominance. After the precursors gave the forerunners the mantle the forrunners felt like the best of all kind but the precursors limited their power so they wage a war which killed many, made many flee the Galaxy and only the timeless one remained he was the last of HIS kind. so he created the flood to test the forerunners to see if they could truly bear the mantle and they couldn’t so after activating the halo rings the didact confronted the timeless one. and the timeless one explained what the forerunners had done. and that they would be replaced with the humans. the humans would take the place of bearing the mantle. at this point you also discover that the precursors created the forerunners and the humans. and at this time as well the timeless one states that he is the last of his kind. his final quote is “We are the flood”.

> it was all a form of dominance. After the precursors gave the forerunners the mantle the forrunners felt like the best of all kind but the precursors limited their power so they wage a war which killed many, made many flee the Galaxy and only the timeless one remained he was the last of HIS kind. so he created the flood to test the forerunners to see if they could truly bear the mantle and they couldn’t so after activating the halo rings the didact confronted the timeless one. and the timeless one explained what the forerunners had done. and that they would be replaced with the humans. the humans would take the place of bearing the mantle. at this point you also discover that the precursors created the forerunners and the humans. and at this time as well the timeless one states that he is the last of his kind. his final quote is “We are the flood”.

WOW wait a minute… but the humans were destroyed by the forerunners and left them without technology… so how they will sustain the mantle?.. and haow the precursors become the flood?.. and nobody has answer one of my first questions: How the forunners destroy the precursor?

The Precursors were gods in their own right. They could create life. They created many species including the Forerunners and Humanity. The Precursors observed many species, trying to determine who would succeed them in The Mantle. The Forerunners believed that they were the rightful successors. Humanity also made this same claim. The Precursors had ultimately chosen Humanity as its successors which infuriated the Forerunners to no end. So, the Forerunners went to war with Humanity. Humanity was eventually devolved by the Forerunners. The Precursors were infuriated by this and attempted to exterminate the Forerunners. They failed, and the survivors, excluding The Timeless One, fled to another galaxy. The Forerunners now self-inherited the Mantle. By the end of the Forerunner-Flood War, the Forerunners came to the conclusion that Humanity was indeed the rightful heirs to the Mantle and so, passed it them as the Halo Array fired. Obviously, Humanity had no idea of this at the time, being pretty much cavemen at this point. In my own opinion, I believe the Ancient Evil in Halo 4-6 is the Precursors who have returned to the Milky Way to test Humanity once again, to see if they are still worthy of upholding the Mantle as the Precursors had originally intended before their de-evolution.

everything written so far in this thread is pure speculation until the release of Halo 4/the 3rd Forerunner Saga book.

FACTS so far are: the forerunners never assumed the mantle and therefore couldn’t pass it on to humanity. according to the timeless one, humanity will be tested for mantle-compatibility next, but since he’s flood-associated i wouldn’t trust him.

according to Forerunner lore, they wiped out their gods because they were exterminating species after specied. Forerunners didn’t care until they were to be the next victims, so they went to war against a “Tier 0” species and won, even though they still were Tier 1 millions of years later.

i smell plot-twist.

> everything written so far in this thread is pure speculation until the release of Halo 4/the 3rd Forerunner Saga book.
>
> FACTS so far are: the forerunners never assumed the mantle and therefore couldn’t pass it on to humanity. according to the timeless one, humanity will be tested for mantle-compatibility next, but since he’s flood-associated i wouldn’t trust him.
>
> according to Forerunner lore, they wiped out their gods because they were exterminating species after specied. Forerunners didn’t care until they were to be the next victims, so they went to war against a “Tier 0” species and won, even though they still were Tier 1 millions of years later.
>
> i smell plot-twist.

Thanks 4 clearing evreything out but the thing is that evreyone of u people are contradicting yourself… so my only choice now will be to go and read the books but i was really hoping that u guys could get out of doubt.

> it was all a form of dominance. After the precursors gave the forerunners the mantle the forrunners felt like the best of all kind but the precursors limited their power so they wage a war which killed many, made many flee the Galaxy and only the timeless one remained he was the last of HIS kind. so he created the flood to test the forerunners to see if they could truly bear the mantle and they couldn’t so after activating the halo rings the didact confronted the timeless one. and the timeless one explained what the forerunners had done. and that they would be replaced with the humans. the humans would take the place of bearing the mantle. at this point you also discover that the precursors created the forerunners and the humans. and at this time as well the timeless one states that he is the last of his kind. his final quote is “We are the flood”.

Not true; the Precursors deemed the Forerunners a failure and never gave them the Mantle. They had them listed to be destroyed; the Forerunners found out, and defeated the Precursors, presumably with their own weapons. They fled the galaxy, and are now about to return.

Why would anyone go on the halo forums, where they discuss everything that has to do with halo, and not assume they’ll be discussing everything including all the most recent stuff?

Yeah that was…completely wrong.

Precursors never gave the forerunners the mantle. It was always intended for humanity. The forerunners kind of…stole it.

Forerunners fought the precursors because the pres deemed the forerunners to be failures and opted to wipe them out. The forerunners found out and burninated the precursors.

The timeless one is probably not the last of his kind. We don’t even know what his kind technically is. It has been described as about 5 different things…a precursor…a gravemind…a whole bunch of…somethings? We have no definite idea what exactly it is. Perhaps all precursors are flood, or perhaps he’s just a collection of precursors that gave themselves to the flood? Or perhaps a precursor is technically just a really advanced gravemind? Impossible to say.

The flood might be the mantle, or it might be a test for the mantle…or both. Pure speculation until more info is given to us.

The didact confronted the timeless one well before he activated the rings. That won’t happen until the third book.

The TO never said they are the flood, he said they are one with the flood. What that ACTUALLY means is pure speculation at this point. And he never said he was the last of his kind. If anything he hinted that “another will be released”, meaning there are more like him, whatever “him” is.

> > everything written so far in this thread is pure speculation until the release of Halo 4/the 3rd Forerunner Saga book.
> >
> > FACTS so far are: the forerunners never assumed the mantle and therefore couldn’t pass it on to humanity. according to the timeless one, humanity will be tested for mantle-compatibility next, but since he’s flood-associated i wouldn’t trust him.
> >
> > according to Forerunner lore, they wiped out their gods because they were exterminating species after specied. Forerunners didn’t care until they were to be the next victims, so they went to war against a “Tier 0” species and won, even though they still were Tier 1 millions of years later.
> >
> > i smell plot-twist.
>
> Thanks 4 clearing evreything out but the thing is that evreyone of u people are contradicting yourself… so my only choice now will be to go and read the books but i was really hoping that u guys could get out of doubt.

that’s the best thing you could do regardless of the answers here. still: my post contains the facts only, no speculation apart from the very last sentence.

This is why the primordium is called the book of madness. You have to know exactly whats going on. for instance. going to an anniversary terminal (assault on the control room) People seem to thing that the ship that crashed on installation 04 has to do with the precursors. well that ship crashed in the year 40,000 Bc. that might have actually been another civilization that had been destroyed by the timeless one but it was not him. and others who read somewhat of primordium think it is 05-032 Mendicant Bias. well bias was split in 2 half of it was sent to the lower ark and the other half to the forerunner keyship Dreadnought which is last seen on high charity

> > it was all a form of dominance. After the precursors gave the forerunners the mantle the forrunners felt like the best of all kind but the precursors limited their power so they wage a war which killed many, made many flee the Galaxy and only the timeless one remained he was the last of HIS kind. so he created the flood to test the forerunners to see if they could truly bear the mantle and they couldn’t so after activating the halo rings the didact confronted the timeless one. and the timeless one explained what the forerunners had done. and that they would be replaced with the humans. the humans would take the place of bearing the mantle. at this point you also discover that the precursors created the forerunners and the humans. and at this time as well the timeless one states that he is the last of his kind. his final quote is “We are the flood”.
>
> Yeah that was…completely wrong.

Please explain

> > > it was all a form of dominance. After the precursors gave the forerunners the mantle the forrunners felt like the best of all kind but the precursors limited their power so they wage a war which killed many, made many flee the Galaxy and only the timeless one remained he was the last of HIS kind. so he created the flood to test the forerunners to see if they could truly bear the mantle and they couldn’t so after activating the halo rings the didact confronted the timeless one. and the timeless one explained what the forerunners had done. and that they would be replaced with the humans. the humans would take the place of bearing the mantle. at this point you also discover that the precursors created the forerunners and the humans. and at this time as well the timeless one states that he is the last of his kind. his final quote is “We are the flood”.
> >
> > Yeah that was…completely wrong.
>
> Please explain

I edited my post.