Why only focus on matchmaking and not the res

So everytime i bring up how halo spartan ops should be improved or how anything other then basic multiplayer matchmaking should get tweeked its like someon comes on the forum and says hey no they should focus on the matchmaking i mean it needs improving and they should be focused on that.

i wonder these same people would want the same kinda of service on other things like drive throughs should slow down so they can focus more on the people inside the store. or perhaps car companies shoul only focus on looks of a car and just kinda put safety and mechanics top the side becasue hey if the car looks grat who cares about the rest right. just saying instead of picking one or the other people should get improvements in all areas and by improvements i mean like major overhauls like adding universal skins and perhaps the dlc skins playable on spartan ops.

heres the thing matchmaking is fun buuuuuuuuut if you just play and play and play and play matchmaking it gets boring really fast and i bonestly enjoyed spartan ops though yes there are many improvements to the game i think are good like adding AI teammates like in the halo reach game but in single player spartan ops because sometimes you just feel like paying on freaking easy to feel like a god to the covies lol. and the obvious DLC skins would be nice i mean people paid to have them but cant even use them in the entirety of the game. i understand there was some game software issue but seriously its the xbox one if you want to prove this new game engine then prove it fix something as simple as those things maybe letting us choose the skulls choose the difficulty on multiplayer mean it seems like these games became more of taking away some options and adding those which are ok.

Heres another improvement ok i remember when i got halo 4 it said it was basically you are the Infinity but when i boot up the game and expect the background to be me in the bay or spartan armor bay or something of the sort i get none of that i get some dark murky screen with the silhouette of a spartan standing in some room overwatching reach then it pans to the outside of the infinity and i thing the planet… i go oooooook so is this what they meant by me being on the infinity because when i got to fight aboard the infinity as the chief i was cool i get to explore this big -Yoink- ship. bt all i get is dark blue backgrounds that make things hard to see and not having a ful view of my spartans armor which that whole asembly of the armor could have been made cool too.

This all can be done we dont have to choose between better matchmaking and better spartan ops, why its a bit annoying to see those who only like multiplayer to only want that fixed its a bit selfish i want both to have high standards of gaming quality i mean seriously why spend the money for half the work done i get it i know its hard work for the game developers but hey lets make them earn those millions they make. we as consumers invest so much money into DLC and games to have to fight for which part of the game gets fixed. Its just not right you know seems kinda like a let down when we dont all get what we want and just one side of the community gets the full attention of game developers.

Yes, focus on only Matchmaking. Your title is asking why? I’ll give you reasons.

Halo 4 introduced Spartan Ops, interesting idea but the form of playing a extended campaign is lost on Halo fans. You could argue if it had better connection and better dynamics that people would have enjoyed it more. But that doesn’t mean people would flock to it like Multiplayer. The only reason I played Spartan Ops was to rank my character up and get all achievements. (I did not enjoy a minute of it, I was just doing it for completion status) The same can be said for Firefight. I only played it to get %100 achievements then I was done with it. For me, Halo is Multiplayer. Multiplayer is without a doubt what made the original trilogy so incredible!

If you look at the past you see that Halo 2 and Halo 3 had a insane Xbox Live population cause people played the campaign, crushed it, loved it and moved to Multiplayer. Halo doesn’t need to create more content to make people happy, they just need to focus on the meat of Halo which is multiplayer. Solid campaign that can be beat in a afternoon, and a world class multiplayer that brings people back day after day, year after year. Look to Halo 2 & Halo 3, their history tells us of success.

Since you gave analogies in yours I’ll give a antidote as well. Go look at the history of the soft drink Coke. They introduced it and everybody loved it (Halo 1,2,3). Then they said hey we have a great thing, lets change it and call it New Coke! (Basically Halo Reach, Halo 4). And guess what, the public hated New Coke! (the Halo community Hates Halo Reach & Halo 4). Then Coke brings back Coke Classic and the world rejoices. I pray 343 brings back Halo Classic (Halo 5). It worked for Coke, it’ll work for Halo!!!

Coke is a drink people want to be the same. Halo spans multiple games, changes should be done.

I like Spartan ops, maybe more now after destiny.

Also, using infinity roam as a menu might be quite too slow, specially with lobby.

> Yes, focus on only Matchmaking. Your title is asking why? I’ll give you reasons.
>
> Halo 4 introduced Spartan Ops, interesting idea but the form of playing a extended campaign is lost on Halo fans. You could argue if it had better connection and better dynamics that people would have enjoyed it more. But that doesn’t mean people would flock to it like Multiplayer. The only reason I played Spartan Ops was to rank my character up and get all achievements. (I did not enjoy a minute of it, I was just doing it for completion status) The same can be said for Firefight. I only played it to get %100 achievements then I was done with it. For me, Halo is Multiplayer. Multiplayer is without a doubt what made the original trilogy so incredible!
>
> If you look at the past you see that Halo 2 and Halo 3 had a insane Xbox Live population cause people played the campaign, crushed it, loved it and moved to Multiplayer. Halo doesn’t need to create more content to make people happy, they just need to focus on the meat of Halo which is multiplayer. Solid campaign that can be beat in a afternoon, and a world class multiplayer that brings people back day after day, year after year. Look to Halo 2 & Halo 3, their history tells us of success.
>
> Since you gave analogies in yours I’ll give a antidote as well. Go look at the history of the soft drink Coke. They introduced it and everybody loved it (Halo 1,2,3). Then they said hey we have a great thing, lets change it and call it New Coke! (Basically Halo Reach, Halo 4). And guess what, the public hated New Coke! (the Halo community Hates Halo Reach & Halo 4). Then Coke brings back Coke Classic and the world rejoices. I pray 343 brings back Halo Classic (Halo 5). It worked for Coke, it’ll work for Halo!!!

I think you missed my point see your one person and yes multiplayer is more popular but it doesnt mean that the few people who like the other parts should get less on par treatment to quality of gaming. just saying to me multiplayer becomes a bit a dull monotonous task of shoot of shoot other team win / lose wait in lobby repeat same thing and yes spartan ops is kinda the same but i occasionally like working with a team who is not intent on pure KD and stats just people who want to play halo to play halo in a social way.

This said if you make a game put some ficus on other aspects of the game the reason i bring this up is because im not some age between 11 and 24 which seems to be the prime age of hardcore gaming, i also dont have the luxery to play online multiplayer all the time between work and having a kid and actual responsibilities i usually found solace in playing a round or two of spartan ops it seems like a more my pace kinda game so thats why i pointed out the AI partners for sprtan ops single player because i usually dont play online since your restricted to playing only the missions that 343I allows you too play for the entire week online with other people. This is why i wouldnt mind the option to choose the mission any mission then search online for people who also want to be on that mission and also choose the freaking difficulty and not be forced to play 4 players on legendary because it assumes all 4 players will play but if two quit then you have 2 players playing on legendary and that sucks add the lag it becomes the most annoying thing ever.

I honestly dont play halo for the multiplayer honestly ,i dont, doesnt mean im playing the game the wrong way just play it for other reasons. im not competitive in video games for one many reasons, mainly becasue its a video game and it has no real competitive value to me like a real active sport does. i just play to play and enjoy a few minutes of mindless shooting at virtual enemies. the main point of this topic so everyone is clear is we as consumers buy a game to play the entire game some people prefer campaign some prefer spartan ops lots prefer multiplayer but we cant just say well you guys dont matter only those who play multiplayer matter plus we spend money real money we earn on DLC just to find out you actual use this DLC you have paid for in the one thing that actualy shows it in the way you intended it to be seen which is in spartan ops, because in multiplyer your either red or blue and you can barely see the skins. unless you play free for all and thats only fun if well you hate being part of a team.

Just saying How many people were pretty annoyed when they realized all these cool things they got when they paid for it could not be used in the other half of the game, i for one was a bit annoyed when i put on my toxic skin scout armor and it got reset to basic recruit armor in spartan ops. I mean that was pretty crappy how i paid for something expecting this but got that and then the next day a disclaimer came out stating how thosr things wont work in spartan ops kinda sucks. but if you keep wiht the mentality that they wont do it or they shouldnt even try then offcourse 343I WILL CONTINUE TO THROW DLC out that cant be used in all the aspects of the game and people will buy that thinking well they wont try but if you say hmm maybe theres something wrong with this then maybe they will give it a go.

Now for the responses.

Just another thing i want to add one of the post replied about how the community wants and favors matchmaking, so my question is since i play halo and others who play halo like spartan ops and want to see that improved does but we see someone say the community wants to only focus on matchmaking, would it be same to assume that unless you are all about matchmaking and classic style of halo then you dont count towards the halo community even though we prefer the not so popular part of the game as it seems that someone above stated.

just saying theres plenty of people who love spartan ops its just the small things that made it not playable as much as it could have been i for one thing it was half -Yoinked!- a bit and very restricted for one just let us pick the damn level and difficulty and then search the world for other players who want that same game seriously who wouldnt wan to play on easy or nromal for a change i mean some of us are not that good at halo and we like to play with others who arent that good at our own level without being restricted to 5 of the same levels for a week long then have to wait for a other week for 5 new levels. what is so hard about letting us just freaking pick. and yes we are part of the halo community so what we want matters too, no matter how small we are necause i gurantee you if halo was strictly matchmaking and campaign and nothing else. alot of people will get bored very fast because theres not a third option to take you out of the normal same old same old.plus why pay for freaking DLC if you cant even use it for like half the game. come on guys call of duty ghost got it right, one you unlocked your camos you an use them in all parts of the game it made sense to be bale to use them. -Yoink- up until those updates messed it up you were able to pick a difficulty of the Bots you wanted to fight in squad mode and then search for games and boom it would bring up other people who want to go up against bots of the same difficulty as you i know man thats some hard -Yoink- to accomplish right. i guess its to challenging for them to add those simple things.

im sure someones going to give me some long winded explanation of how the majority rles and blah blah blah but hey lets face it for some of o=us gaming offers no competitive anything seriously you push buttons and -Yoink- happens it really doesnt feel like you have to excert much effort as a sports athlete do or a chess champion does those things take actualy true effort that takes practice and dedication to achieve something of real value where as video games were soley design to keep us occupied and happy and entertained for the few minutes or hours we play, but now its like its all some people do in life so it becomes a sport, somehow it became some event that is epic. if i can do it in my Pejamas with a bowl of nachos in my lap i highly doubt its in the ame class as anything els thats competitive, hell candy crush can become competitive doesnt mean we have to soley focus on the online matchmaking fo that game when peope love other aspects of it.

honestly to me whats makes halo halo is being a freaking spartan who can punch a whole in a tank drop a frag and bounce then run across a map not get tired grab a machine gun off a damn mount and walk off with it likes its a freaking grocery bag and lay waste and be like ok next weapon its the cray superhuman -Yoink- you can do that makes halo halo, so lets stick with that. being super soldiers in bad -Yoink- armor that kick -Yoink-.

so yea i honestly love spartan ops better then matchmaking i love the bigger maps the fact that i can be more tactical how i can choose to snipe an elite rather then rush him how we have a realistic ay of becoming our spartans and then showing off all the cool skins we have. because i out some effort into that surge skin but in matchmaking eh it looks like the other recon armor anyways.

I’ll keep this response somewhat short and not long winded.

I’m a hardcore gamer, but I’m not a kid age 11-24 like you suggested, I’m 32 with real life issues like yourself.

You want Spartan Ops games to be matched up with what episode and what difficulty you prefer instead of the 5 weekly matchmaking choices we get. That’s a joke, and you don’t understand numbers. There are currently 50 different Spartan Ops episodes, and there are 4 different levels of difficulty that you can play. That makes for 200 DIFFERENT MATCHMAKING LOBBIES!!! I’m looking at Spartan Ops on Live now, there are 94 people playing Spartan Ops. If those 94 people could pick their personal preference game, the odds of them being in a lobby by themselves is extremely good. There are NOT the numbers to do this, nor is there a demand to do this.

You talk about how video games aren’t supposed to be competitive or a sport cause you can eat nachos while doing it… That’s weak dude. This just means your narrow minded. Competitive players practice as much as any athlete. Look up MLG and and see how much the individual players of the team Final Boss made during their heyday of tournaments. Ask Jonathan Fatal1ty if video games aren’t a competitive. Look up Kemper Arena in KC, they are actively trying to make it a hub of esports. I’m sorry you don’t see it, but it has become a reality, video games are competitive enough to be profitable for the highest level of play like any sport.

Firefight, Spartan Ops are both interesting side projects for the Halo series. But if all you want to do is feel like a spartan boss, than just replay the campaigns on easy. I’m glad you enjoy Halo, but catering to a small crowd of fans is a waste of energy. I love chess, but that doesn’t mead Halo should include a chess multiplayer game… Oh wait, good ole April Fools!

> I’ll keep this response somewhat short and not long winded.
>
> I’m a hardcore gamer, but I’m not a kid age 11-24 like you suggested, I’m 32 with real life issues like yourself.
>
> You want Spartan Ops games to be matched up with what episode and what difficulty you prefer instead of the 5 weekly matchmaking choices we get. That’s a joke, and you don’t understand numbers. There are currently 50 different Spartan Ops episodes, and there are 4 different levels of difficulty that you can play. That makes for 200 DIFFERENT MATCHMAKING LOBBIES!!! I’m looking at Spartan Ops on Live now, there are 94 people playing Spartan Ops. If those 94 people could pick their personal preference game, the odds of them being in a lobby by themselves is extremely good. There are NOT the numbers to do this, nor is there a demand to do this.
>
> You talk about how video games aren’t supposed to be competitive or a sport cause you can eat nachos while doing it… That’s weak dude. This just means your narrow minded. Competitive players practice as much as any athlete. Look up MLG and and see how much the individual players of the team Final Boss made during their heyday of tournaments. Ask Jonathan Fatal1ty if video games aren’t a competitive. Look up Kemper Arena in KC, they are actively trying to make it a hub of esports. I’m sorry you don’t see it, but it has become a reality, video games are competitive enough to be profitable for the highest level of play like any sport.
>
> Firefight, Spartan Ops are both interesting side projects for the Halo series. But if all you want to do is feel like a spartan boss, than just replay the campaigns on easy. I’m glad you enjoy Halo, but catering to a small crowd of fans is a waste of energy. I love chess, but that doesn’t mead Halo should include a chess multiplayer game… Oh wait, good ole April Fools!

one thing Dont call me narrow minded not evryone has to consider gaming as competative just a preferance you can practice anything and be good at it but that doesnt make it a competative sport second you dont really know me. all im basicaly trying to say is im getting tired of only one part of the game being considered important but honestly at this point i am starting to care less because in a few years ill probably just use my xbox one as really big blu ray player. and you say catering to a small group of fans is a waste of energy. the way i see is is we keep these game companies in business why not actualy cater to the ones who you make a profit too and some of the suggestions i ask for arent like some godly feat like adding AI to spartan ops to have as a team im sure theres a programmer at 343i who can do that while taking a dump and playing candy crush with a hand tied behind his back. so in that sense it wouldnt be a waste of energy more like a ok code here code there done and on to multiplayer. they could probably just have 2 programers working on spartan ops and everyone else on multiplayer.

and no offesne but i am not sure who those gamertags belong too nor do i care to know or care for MLG sinc eit doesnt really matter to me i dont watch people playing videogames just doesnt seem interesting to me… im not putting those guys down now just saying its not what strikes me as interesting im more of a watch epic fails kinda guy because those things are funny.
i feel as though i have offended you in some way though as if i did or said something that is blasphemy which to me would be kinda weird because its just about a video game though some people take this game to heart i do not so my comments may come of as a bit off or rude but thats mainly because as much as i like halo i truly dont care for what happens to the characters in the game nor the story and which way it goes. im not that into the game. thats why i stay out of the whole comments for how that goes because its not my thing. maybe video games are becoming less and less interesting. like right now im looking forward to forza horizon 2 because its not just about race from point A to point B kinda game you can literaly drive cross country with people just for fun and have car meets its kinda like a way to take a break from the normal thing. kinda like if you could play spartan ops or multiplayer then in between when your not trying to play go to a hangout spot and mingle or whatever but thats more for a racing game i guess. i just hope the next halo game doesnt become a boring game within a wek or some game where casual gamers cant actualy enjoy… lets be honest how many people who consider themelves hardcore competative players strictly play in MLG lobbies, because i bet a few of them go into the casual gamers lobbies to feel superior at a video game which is truly the sad thing. id rather play againt people on par with me if im competative and not take the easy route. im sure you can agree wiht me on that last part because you know it happens… i stay my happy -Yoink- out of MLG places because im not that into a game.

Heres a fresh start kinda thing i do believe spartan ops was not such a great success but i enjoy playing it more then multiplayer but i always have the feeling that the next halo game may be not for me because perhaps there wont be a spartan ops instead it will be multiplayer focused and it will get some half -Yoinked!- spartan ops firefight thing thrown in but it wont be that good so in that sense i would not buy the next halo soley for that reason since i play 80 percent spartan ops and the rest is between campaign and matchmaking. basically if halo 5 only offers matchmaking then its not for me.

another thing is i like the progression of the spartan armor as in any wtimeline as tech becomes more advance so does the equipement we use so it doesnt suprise me that the armor became more sleek more aggressive and not like a giant tin mani guess some may disagree but i liked the armor in halo 4 i like how i could use a br in halo 4 starting out i never noticed the power changes with the dmr on the feild honestly i crushed dmr users i just new how to exploit there downfalls.

but yea i liked halo 4 for alot of reasons the graphics the armor i jus wish there was a freaking color wheel for my armor not thee shades of each color just saying i could make some cool OD green shades with that thing.

plus the halo 4 armor looked like it wouldnt take as long to put on as the est would.

My main let downs in spartan ops was when i played alone i was still called fireteam crimson… then i would look around and be yo palmer wtf im one dude who else you giving credit too. i mean would some customizable AI spartan teammates be to hard to add into a game, hell i dont even care if they are any good so long as they gave the enemie something else to shoot at while i sneak around and knife the elite.

The other things about spartan ops is why was there cutscenes showing my spartan like the one in reach i mean that made it feel like my spartan and it was me and i got to actualy see some point to why im actualy running through endless amounts of bad guys.

You’re right in the sense people will occasionally play down in a lobby to feel superior, that happens all the time.

I’m not gonna argue about the graphics or looks of spartans in Halo 4, as those things are fine in my opinion.

You claim you don’t think that Halo 5 will be worth a purchase if they don’t include Spartan Ops, cause you claim that you play 80% Spartan Ops? I’m looking at your stats, you have 12 days of Multiplayer and 8 days of Spartan Ops. You actually only play Spartan Ops 34% of the time while Multiplayer takes up 66% of your time. (And that doesn’t include campaign so both those percentages are actually lower.)

I don’t even know what we are arguing about even more? But this thread has been fun, maybe I just need coffee…

> You’re right in the sense people will occasionally play down in a lobby to feel superior, that happens all the time.
>
> I’m not gonna argue about the graphics or looks of spartans in Halo 4, as those things are fine in my opinion.
>
> You claim you don’t think that Halo 5 will be worth a purchase if they don’t include Spartan Ops, cause you claim that you play 80% Spartan Ops? I’m looking at your stats, you have 12 days of Multiplayer and 8 days of Spartan Ops. You actually only play Spartan Ops 34% of the time while Multiplayer takes up 66% of your time. (And that doesn’t include campaign so both those percentages are actually lower.)
> I don’t even know what we are arguing about even more? But this thread has been fun, maybe I just need coffee…

i only played matchmaking to complete the covenant loadout commondation for the SURGE skin for the recon armor once that was done i went back to playing spartan ops most of the time i was kjust doing endless grinds and then id play some spartan ops then go to bed but if we look at how much matchmaking i played just ot play it was way less then 34 percent most of those hours were endless attempts to kill someone with the plasma pistol… Stats hmmm havent seen those in ages just a bunchj of numbers that basically equel to uh nada lol not to mention that half the time i hand the controller to my 4 year old which equals some funny -Yoink- -Yoink-. but yes thats the main reason it shows me paying matchmaking alot mainly just maxing out things but once i got those things i was back to spartan ops plus i stopped playing halo 4 once i got battlefeild 4 on my xbox one have been playing from time to time but not too much.

Halo is such a massive rich fictional entity that it seems there is no end to its ability to expand and grow forever and onwards. That is why I think there is still such potential for it to broaden out even further in the gaming industry, especially for the more casual gamer. Campaign is getting bigger and better where the story is well respected and cared for in the more than capable hands of 343i. Halo 4 is incredible and I would recommend to anyone to check out an analysis of the story done by haruspis. Competitive multiplayer seems to be making a comeback with the MC Collection and Halo Guardians. Competitive multiplayer is extremely fun especially for players who are focused on one on one skill based gaming. But where does the casual gamer fit in between these two things? This is where I think the potential lies. PvE type modes has this tremendous potential to bridge a gap that caters for the casual halo gamer without compromising competitive multiplayer. I feel that even campaign gameplay has areas that has potential to develop to something more dynamic and immersive that does not need to influence the multiplayer in any way. Imagine a firefight mode or in campaign where Spartans perform acrobatic type combat along the lines of something from the game Mirror’s Edge where we see wall running, somersault jumps, ground slides and so on. How about hand to hand combat the Spartan way, fast and strong martial arts not limited to Assassination mode but from whatever direction a Spartan approaches an enemy from. How about space vehicle type firefights where Spartans use Booster Frames against the Covenant, where the Spartans are deployed from a cloaked Prowler and perform space combat then after a process land on a Covenant cruiser/moon/space station and fight the enemy on foot, achieve whatever goal, get back to the Booster Frames and head back to the Prowler? Just a few ideas. Halo has so much potential for more creative dynamic development that appeals to the more casual player and that is an excellent thing.