Why only 9 Gen-I Helmets in H5G?

Halo 5 Guardians saw plenty of doofy armor designs, but saw the return of some classic designs. Fans were elated when we got the release of the Gen-I Helmets pack, which added the following -

• CQB Gen-I, Reach Mk.IV - EOD Gen-I, Reach Mk.IV - EVA Gen-I, Reach Mk.IV - Mark V Delta, H3 - Military Police Gen-I, Reach with doofy lights - Operator Gen-I, Reach - Pilot Gen-I, Reach Mk.IV with over-shiny visor - Recon Gen-I, Reach - Security Gen-I, ReachBut for some reason, there were many Gen-I Helmets that were missing that 343 could’ve given players in this pack. Not all at once mind you, probably allow us to have them unlock like 7 at a time or something to get even more money out of the pack, but still, we are still missing -

• AKIS Gen-I, Reach - Argus Gen-I - Centurion Gen-I - CQB Mk.VI, Halo 3 - CQC Gen-I, Reach - EOD Mk.VI, Halo 3 - EVA Mk.VI, Halo 3 - GUNGNIR Gen-I, Reach - Hayabusa Gen-I, Halo 3 - HAZOP Gen-I, Reach - Hermes Gen-I - JFO Gen-I, Reach - Mark I, Background Lore - Mark II, Background Lore - Mark III, Background Lore - Mark V Bravo, Reach Default Helmet - Mark V Charlie, Reach MJOLNIR Mk.V model - Mark VI Gen-I, Reach Mark VI - Mariner Gen-I, Reach - ODST Gen-I, Reach - ODST Buck, H3ODST - ODST Dutch, H3ODST - ODST Mickey, H3ODST - ODST Romeo, H3ODST - ODST Mk.VI, H2A - ODST ONI, Nightfall - ODST Sedra, Nightfall - ONI Recon, H3ODST - Orbital Gen-I, Background Lore - Pilot Mk.VI, H3 Pilot NPCs - Raider Gen-I, Background Lore - Ranger Gen-I, Background Lore - Rogue Gen-I, Halo 3 - Scout Gen-I, Halo 3 - Security Mk.VI, Halo 3 - SPI Mk.I, Headhunters - SPI Mk.II, Headhunters - Strider Gen-I, Background Lore - Venator Gen-I, Background Lore / Halo Reach Concept ArtVery much a missed opportunity to not include these helmets in the raffle shuffle. Heck, the four Fireteam Raven helmets could’ve been added in once that game was released. Honestly sad that we didn’t get to unlock any of these other helmets, and honestly a bad business choice by 343 to only allow nine of the total 48 Gen-I Helmets we know about.

Thoughts anyone?

One minor thing, just from memory I don’t think there are many differences between CQB in Reach vs H3.
And it was likely just a resources thing mate. Once Halo MCC became 343’s child, they stopped adding new stuff altogether for Halo 5.
Luckily if you’re looking for Gen1 armor sets, Halo Infinite will have you covered since all or most Reach sets will be in at launch. Not too crazy to think the Halo 3 sets would be added later too

> 2533274882898126;2:
> One minor thing, just from memory I don’t think there are many differences between CQB in Reach vs H3.
> And it was likely just a resources thing mate. Once Halo MCC became 343’s child, they stopped adding new stuff altogether for Halo 5.
> Luckily if you’re looking for Gen1 armor sets, Halo Infinite will have you covered since all or most Reach sets will be in at launch. Not too crazy to think the Halo 3 sets would be added later too

MCC was trash at launch and the support for Halo 5 stopped well over two years before MCC began getting some update attention and fixes.
I just find it funny that there were many helmets that were excluded from the roster of Gen-I Variants that players could obtain, considering how well the pack sold among the fanbase once they learned of its existence in the Xbox Store.
Sure the Mark VI CQB and Mark V are very similar in design… but I could still see it possible to be added in. You know, since the EVA Gen-I in Halo 5 is the Mark V from Reach and the Wrath Helmet is supposed to be just the EVA with a skull-scratch… but if you look at the two models side-by-side, 343 made two entirely different models rather than just using EVA from Halo 3. Which I am sure fans would have loved and Rooster Teeth would’ve loved to use for a story flashback of Agent Maine / The Meta.

I believe 343i outsourced a lot of the work for the armors in H5. My guess is that those helmets were simply out of scope for the company doing the hands-on work or they did not have enough time to get all of them done by the given deadline. I agree it would been great to see all the helmets you listed though.

> 2533274824050480;4:
> I believe 343i outsourced a lot of the work for the armors in H5. My guess is that those helmets were simply out of scope for the company doing the hands-on work or they did not have enough time to get all of them done by the given deadline.

I can confirm that you are correct on the outsourcing of artists. If you go onto ArtStation, you can find dozens of freelance artists that 343 hired for Halo 5.

> 2533274882898126;2:
> One minor thing, just from memory I don’t think there are many differences between CQB in Reach vs H3.
> And it was likely just a resources thing mate. Once Halo MCC became 343’s child, they stopped adding new stuff altogether for Halo 5.
> Luckily if you’re looking for Gen1 armor sets, Halo Infinite will have you covered since all or most Reach sets will be in at launch. Not too crazy to think the Halo 3 sets would be added later too

yes I can’t wait to see more halo infinite armor.

> 2533274860712851;6:
> > 2533274882898126;2:
> > One minor thing, just from memory I don’t think there are many differences between CQB in Reach vs H3.
> > And it was likely just a resources thing mate. Once Halo MCC became 343’s child, they stopped adding new stuff altogether for Halo 5.
> > Luckily if you’re looking for Gen1 armor sets, Halo Infinite will have you covered since all or most Reach sets will be in at launch. Not too crazy to think the Halo 3 sets would be added later too
>
> yes I can’t wait to see more halo infinite armor.

They are supposed to create enough content for at least 10 years, so hopefully the armor section is broader than H5 was.

> 2535438002035715;7:
> > 2533274860712851;6:
> > > 2533274882898126;2:
> > > One minor thing, just from memory I don’t think there are many differences between CQB in Reach vs H3.
> > > And it was likely just a resources thing mate. Once Halo MCC became 343’s child, they stopped adding new stuff altogether for Halo 5.
> > > Luckily if you’re looking for Gen1 armor sets, Halo Infinite will have you covered since all or most Reach sets will be in at launch. Not too crazy to think the Halo 3 sets would be added later too
> >
> > yes I can’t wait to see more halo infinite armor.
>
> They are supposed to create enough content for at least 10 years, so hopefully the armor section is broader than H5 was.

yes I hope there will be more armor than halo 5 and especially that they will be much prettier.

Like the Yoroi, that armor caused more hype than the Achilles in H5.

> 2535438002035715;9:
> Like the Yoroi, that armor caused more hype than the Achilles in H5.

Mainly because Gamers seem to be made up of Weebs and not people who like Greek iconography.

> 2533275064872824;10:
> > 2535438002035715;9:
> > Like the Yoroi, that armor caused more hype than the Achilles in H5.
>
> Mainly because Gamers seem to be made up of Weebs and not people who like Greek iconography.

Well that’s true, you’re absolutely right.

> 2533274882898126;2:

in some other thread a few of us were talking about a halo 3 season for its 15th anniversary

> 2533274882898126;2:

Honestly cannot wait for infinite’s customisation.

> 2535461884091985;13:
> > 2533274882898126;2:
> > One minor thing, just from memory I don’t think there are many differences between CQB in Reach vs H3.
> > And it was likely just a resources thing mate. Once Halo MCC became 343’s child, they stopped adding new stuff altogether for Halo 5.
> > Luckily if you’re looking for Gen1 armor sets, Halo Infinite will have you covered since all or most Reach sets will be in at launch. Not too crazy to think the Halo 3 sets would be added later too
>
> Honestly cannot wait for infinite’s customisation.

It’s only downside is Armor Coatings being preset color combos and not alternate paintjobs that you get to colorize yourself.

> 2533275064872824;14:
> > 2535461884091985;13:
> > > 2533274882898126;2:
> > > One minor thing, just from memory I don’t think there are many differences between CQB in Reach vs H3.
> > > And it was likely just a resources thing mate. Once Halo MCC became 343’s child, they stopped adding new stuff altogether for Halo 5.
> > > Luckily if you’re looking for Gen1 armor sets, Halo Infinite will have you covered since all or most Reach sets will be in at launch. Not too crazy to think the Halo 3 sets would be added later too
> >
> > Honestly cannot wait for infinite’s customisation.
>
> It’s only downside is Armor Coatings being preset color combos and not alternate paintjobs that you get to colorize yourself.

Agreed, hopefully that could get worked on later down the line, but only one can dream.

> 2535461884091985;15:
> > 2533275064872824;14:
> > > 2535461884091985;13:
> > > > 2533274882898126;2:
> > > > One minor thing, just from memory I don’t think there are many differences between CQB in Reach vs H3.
> > > > And it was likely just a resources thing mate. Once Halo MCC became 343’s child, they stopped adding new stuff altogether for Halo 5.
> > > > Luckily if you’re looking for Gen1 armor sets, Halo Infinite will have you covered since all or most Reach sets will be in at launch. Not too crazy to think the Halo 3 sets would be added later too
> > >
> > > Honestly cannot wait for infinite’s customisation.
> >
> > It’s only downside is Armor Coatings being preset color combos and not alternate paintjobs that you get to colorize yourself.
>
> Agreed, hopefully that could get worked on later down the line, but only one can dream.

One thing I am hopeful for is to see how they could fix the designs of the more goofy Gen-II armor sets. Like Seeker, Breaker, Athlon, Tracer, and Goblin.