Why on earth did they re-use Halo 3's Flood models?

Seriously, they should have made their own to look like Halo CE’s would in a modern-gen game. Instead we have half-elite flood running around with OBVIOUSLY Halo 3 Elite armor on. And it looks terrible.

Because it’s a side project that was under time restraints…

maybe because of the new graphics for the Elites, any one notice the knee pads on the elites i ll look and compare em

nah just watched a video about the campian seems that they are using a mix between halo 3 and Reach’s elites

> nah just watched a video about the campian seems that they are using a mix between halo 3 and Reach’s elites

Nope, it’s a direct rip of the Halo 3 model, which is nothing like the Reach model.

Does it really matter? Seriously it’s the Flood. I’m glad they are back, I can honestly care less on what they look like seeing as though they will be lying dead on the ground after I’m done with them.

I like it, I saw the back of a normal human combat form and it looked awesome. 10 times better than Halo 3.

> Does it really matter? Seriously it’s the Flood. I’m glad they are back, I can honestly care less on what they look like seeing as though they will be lying dead on the ground after I’m done with them.

Anyone who has eyes, the Halo 3 Elites have completely different armor and feet. Basically 343 is saying that when a Reach Elite gets infected they magically turn into a Halo 3 Elite

> I like it, I saw the back of a normal human combat form and it looked awesome. 10 times better than Halo 3.

The only Halo 3 Flood model is the Elite one, they remade all the others.

I think it might be because that was the lst game to have the flood beside halo wars

> I think it might be because that was the lst game to have the flood beside halo wars

Nope, the Flood HAS to appear in the new trilogy, supposedly the Forerunner Saga ties with the Reclaimer trilogy, so there is obviously going to be Flood in the new Halo games.

> > Does it really matter? Seriously it’s the Flood. I’m glad they are back, I can honestly care less on what they look like seeing as though they will be lying dead on the ground after I’m done with them.
>
> Anyone who has eyes, the Halo 3 Elites have completely different armor and feet. Basically 343 is saying that when a Reach Elite gets infected they magically turn into a Halo 3 Elite

CE came before Reach, I don’t know why you’re getting upset over pixels. If anything you should be upset that the Elite armor wasn’t scaled back to CE(Pretty sure Elites weren’t even playable back then)…

Are you implying that Halo 3’s Flood were bad? The way they are in Halo 3 basically is as good as they can be made without being too busy. Sure, they COULD have modeled and textured new Flood, but I think that would be wasting time considering the ones in Halo 3 are so nice.

Also, how on Earth do the Flood Elites look too different from Halo Reach Elites? What I’m saying is, the only parts on the Flood that still resemble the previous Elite are the armor pieces, all of which have been consistent since the beginning.

EDIT: Just watched the Comparison Video from France. Firstly, the Elites are an entirely different model from the Reach ones. Secondly, the Flood Elites look similar, but are ultimately different than those of Halo 3. Fail to see why you make such blunt statements as if you actually know what is what.

> Are you implying that Halo 3’s Flood were bad? The way they are in Halo 3 basically is as good as they can be made without being too busy. Sure, they COULD have modeled and textured new Flood, but I think that would be wasting time considering the ones in Halo 3 are so nice.
>
> Also, how on Earth do the Flood Elites look too different from Halo Reach Elites? What I’m saying is, the only parts on the Flood that still resemble the previous Elite are the armor pieces, all of which have been consistent since the beginning.
>
> EDIT: Just watched the Comparison Video from France. Firstly, the Elites are an entirely different model from the Reach ones. Secondly, the Flood Elites look similar, but are ultimately different than those of Halo 3. Fail to see why you make such blunt statements as if you actually know what is what.

1.The anniversary Elites ARE the Reach ones.
2.The Armor for the Elites has never been consistent and there is a giant difference between the Halo 3 and Reach models.
3.Those are the Halo 3 Flood Elite models, I have no idea how you think they aren’t.

In all serious now, how huch effort does it really take to make new models. I’m right hacked off we’re getting Reach models for the Elites when all they surely had to do was make some new ones matching the dimensions of the HaloCE but with higher polygons counts. In truth how hard is it that they did this rather than go the lazy route and import Reach models. Budget it may be but it would certainly not have cost that much to have someone on this

Lazy and a big finger up at that fans

Halo CEA Elite Flood.
Halo 3 Elite Flood.
Notice the feet, the design of the shin guards, the chest piece, and the bracers. Wow, what do you know? They’re different.

It’s a new model.

> I’m right hacked off we’re getting Reach models for the Elites

Here’s a clear view of an Elite Minor in Halo: CEA. Here’s the Reach model. There are differences. They are new models.

Other than the the shoulder pad it looks essential that same model though. My biggest problem is their jaw and less slender tall build. The Reach Elites i like quite a bit but this is Halo1 and they’re not really welcome here

If you compare images and video of the two you can see they aren’t exactly the same. I won’t argue about it but I will say this: CEA looks all-around fantastic. Seeing a “reimagining” of the art that stays pretty faithful is giving me geek seizures.

I know this will never be addmited by 343 themselves but i rather think they felt they should go the route of Reach models for the Elites because they didn’t want to upset newer fans. Halo Elites haven’t looked like they do with their Halo1 jaws etc for years now and it’s better to upset a minority of fans. Either that or they felt people would find it odd having Reach multiplayer Elites different to what they were now seeing in campaign. Either way this isn’t for the fans in as big a way as they’ve made out

> Other than the the shoulder pad it looks essential that same model though.

Looks the same, yes, but it’s not. Another big difference is the height of the Elites. They had to basically shorten the Elites, shift where the shin-guards went, as well as tweak other elements of the suit. The neck, legs, and arms are also shorter.

It’s basically a different model.

> Halo CEA Elite Flood.
> Halo 3 Elite Flood.
> Notice the feet, the design of the shin guards, the chest piece, and the bracers. Wow, what do you know? They’re different.
>
> It’s a new model.

I don’t know, I’m still almost 100 percent sure that those are the same models. I don’t think that pic from CEA is good enough to be used in a comparison, the features on the combat form can’t be clearly made out.