Why not two LE consoles-Locke and Chief versions?

343 announced today that they will be releasing a Limited Edition Console for Halo 5 Guardians. The console is designed around Locke’s armor, aka a blue and grey color scheme. In addition to the console, 343 also announced a Chief-themed Controller for the XB1. I’ve always loved the orange and green color scheme, and I’m still happily sporting my old Halo 3 Limited Edition console (the thing sounds like a leaf blower compared to my XB1 lol). So, why not design a Limited Edition console with the green and orange color scheme that Chief sports? That way, we can choose whether we want the Locke edition, or the Chief edition of the console.

I am always down for choice, and that would be great. I know I would always choose the Locke version though, that silver and blue is -Yoink!-. Ahem, but yes a green and gold console would be a nice throwback.

Production costs, also it probably isn’t designed, and its being released in 80 some odd days. Thats a number of reasons :P. I wouldn’t mind having it, but it is unlikely it will be done.

My question is why take advantage of Halo fans by making it $500. Forza is $400 and includes the $60 game. Why is this $500 with absolutely no discount?
Oh and to answer your question… do you know how expensive it would be to design and make two different versions? But yeah I really would have preferred for it to be designed after the main character that has been in all the other games and not Locke…

> 2533274868196456;4:
> My question is why take advantage of Halo fans by making it $500. Forza is $400 and includes the $60 game. Why is this $500 with absolutely no discount?
> Oh and to answer your question… do you know how expensive it would be to design and make two different versions? But yeah I really would have preferred for it to be designed after the main character that has been in all the other games and not Locke…

Yeah at that price it should come with an elite controller or a Kinect… but oh well…

> 2533274803493024;5:
> > 2533274868196456;4:
> > My question is why take advantage of Halo fans by making it $500. Forza is $400 and includes the $60 game. Why is this $500 with absolutely no discount?
> > Oh and to answer your question… do you know how expensive it would be to design and make two different versions? But yeah I really would have preferred for it to be designed after the main character that has been in all the other games and not Locke…
>
>
> Yeah at that price it should come with an elite controller or a Kinect… but oh well…

And THAT right there was the plan. I was hoping for a $500 limited console with an elite controller. That would be a $50 discount. If not then fine.
It was going to be a $400 limited edition console and then I would buy the elite controller.

Way to go MS. I don’t even know how they came up with this mess. Actually I do. It was them knowing that they could take advantage of Halo fans. They got my $500 but everything else I buy will be used or from a third party that doesn’t have to pay MS a portion of sales.

> 2533274868196456;4:
> My question is why take advantage of Halo fans by making it $500. Forza is $400 and includes the $60 game. Why is this $500 with absolutely no discount?
> Oh and to answer your question… do you know how expensive it would be to design and make two different versions? But yeah I really would have preferred for it to be designed after the main character that has been in all the other games and not Locke…

The limited edition console has the req packs in it, so that’ll probably be Microsoft’s terrible excuse to tack on $100. Also we get the benefit of downloading the game and getting the console itself a week before release.

> 2533274835229788;7:
> > 2533274868196456;4:
> > My question is why take advantage of Halo fans by making it $500. Forza is $400 and includes the $60 game. Why is this $500 with absolutely no discount?
> > Oh and to answer your question… do you know how expensive it would be to design and make two different versions? But yeah I really would have preferred for it to be designed after the main character that has been in all the other games and not Locke…
>
>
> The limited edition console has the req packs in it, so that’ll probably be Microsoft’s terrible excuse to tack on $100. Also we get the benefit of downloading the game and getting the console itself a week before release.

Are you sure it comes with the req packs as well ? I have not read that anywhere but I am from the UK.
In the UK at game it only comes with the digital standard edition of the game. Sorry I don’t know how to do hyperlinks.

> 2533274835229788;7:
> > 2533274868196456;4:
>
>
> The limited edition console has the req packs in it, so that’ll probably be Microsoft’s terrible excuse to tack on $100. Also we get the benefit of downloading the game and getting the console itself a week before release.

1. OMG a week early console and a pre-load! Golly Gee Willikers thats definitely worth $100. Thanks for looking out for me MS… Not.
  2. Yeah the REQ packs that cost them nothing to hand out will probably be their excuse.

This is a disaster. I know it will still sell well because we have no other option if we want a Halo edition but I still hope people complain enough to get some info from the guys up top. There is no excuse for this price.

> 2533274799153651;8:
> > 2533274835229788;7:
> > > 2533274868196456;4:
> > > My question is why take advantage of Halo fans by making it $500. Forza is $400 and includes the $60 game. Why is this $500 with absolutely no discount?
> > > Oh and to answer your question… do you know how expensive it would be to design and make two different versions? But yeah I really would have preferred for it to be designed after the main character that has been in all the other games and not Locke…
> >
> >
> > The limited edition console has the req packs in it, so that’ll probably be Microsoft’s terrible excuse to tack on $100. Also we get the benefit of downloading the game and getting the console itself a week before release.
>
>
> Are you sure it comes with the req packs as well ? I have not read that anywhere but I am from the UK.
> In the UK at game it only comes with the digital standard edition of the game. Sorry I don’t know how to do hyperlinks.
>
> http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-1tb-console-with-halo-5-guardians-716771?pageSize=40&searchTerm=hALO%205%20XBOX%20ONE&catGroupId=

Dude it has REQ. It has a limited edition copy of the game (for some reason) and it has fotus. There are multiple sites with all of this listed. Look for them.

I’m happy with it. I don’t know why everyone is upset?

Because the face of halo is JOHN 117 not Locke.

And it needs to stay so

Also the Locke version would sell very poorly.

> 2533274868196456;10:
> > 2533274799153651;8:
> > > 2533274835229788;7:
> > > > 2533274868196456;4:
> > > > My question is why take advantage of Halo fans by making it $500. Forza is $400 and includes the $60 game. Why is this $500 with absolutely no discount?
> > > > Oh and to answer your question… do you know how expensive it would be to design and make two different versions? But yeah I really would have preferred for it to be designed after the main character that has been in all the other games and not Locke…
> > >
> > >
> > > The limited edition console has the req packs in it, so that’ll probably be Microsoft’s terrible excuse to tack on $100. Also we get the benefit of downloading the game and getting the console itself a week before release.
> >
> >
> > Are you sure it comes with the req packs as well ? I have not read that anywhere but I am from the UK.
> > In the UK at game it only comes with the digital standard edition of the game. Sorry I don’t know how to do hyperlinks.
> >
> > http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-1tb-console-with-halo-5-guardians-716771?pageSize=40&searchTerm=hALO%205%20XBOX%20ONE&catGroupId=
>
>
> Dude it has REQ. It has a limited edition copy of the game (for some reason) and it has fotus. There are multiple sites with all of this listed. Look for them.

Will fotus even be worth it because arent all exclusive content bonuses unlockable in game?

> 2533274920092347;13:
> > 2533274868196456;10:
> > > 2533274799153651;8:
> > > > 2533274835229788;7:
> > > > > 2533274868196456;4:
> > > > > My question is why take advantage of Halo fans by making it $500. Forza is $400 and includes the $60 game. Why is this $500 with absolutely no discount?
> > > > > Oh and to answer your question… do you know how expensive it would be to design and make two different versions? But yeah I really would have preferred for it to be designed after the main character that has been in all the other games and not Locke…
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The limited edition console has the req packs in it, so that’ll probably be Microsoft’s terrible excuse to tack on $100. Also we get the benefit of downloading the game and getting the console itself a week before release.
> > >
> > >
> > > Are you sure it comes with the req packs as well ? I have not read that anywhere but I am from the UK.
> > > In the UK at game it only comes with the digital standard edition of the game. Sorry I don’t know how to do hyperlinks.
> > >
> > > http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-1tb-console-with-halo-5-guardians-716771?pageSize=40&searchTerm=hALO%205%20XBOX%20ONE&catGroupId=
> >
> >
> > Dude it has REQ. It has a limited edition copy of the game (for some reason) and it has fotus. There are multiple sites with all of this listed. Look for them.
>
>
> Will fotus even be worth it because arent all exclusive content bonuses unlockable in game?

They haven’t confirmed that yet for this specific DLC. That was confirmed for everything else before it though. It would be idiotic if FOTUS wasn’t exclusive especially at the console price.

Honestly I am sick and tired of devs not just answering questions that they KNOW will come up. This should have been said right after the announcement. Would have taken two seconds.

> 2535463261337659;11:
> I’m happy with it. I don’t know why everyone is upset?

Because Locke isn’t the guy we had from Halo 1-4. He is not Halo. Chief is. I have no idea what made them think a Locke console would make sense. It still looks good though.

Its like they are force feeding us Locke. I like Spartan II and Blue team. That should of been the theme, or both. I would switch my preorder to Green and gold in a heartbeat

It was 400 where I preordered

And then people say that 343 is NOT trying to replace the chief

**** that

> 2533274868196456;6:
> > 2533274803493024;5:
> > > 2533274868196456;4:
> > > My question is why take advantage of Halo fans by making it $500. Forza is $400 and includes the $60 game. Why is this $500 with absolutely no discount?
> > > Oh and to answer your question… do you know how expensive it would be to design and make two different versions? But yeah I really would have preferred for it to be designed after the main character that has been in all the other games and not Locke…
> >
> >
> > Yeah at that price it should come with an elite controller or a Kinect… but oh well…
>
>
> And THAT right there was the plan. I was hoping for a $500 limited console with an elite controller. That would be a $50 discount. If not then fine.
> It was going to be a $400 limited edition console and then I would buy the elite controller.
> Way to go MS. I don’t even know how they came up with this mess. Actually I do. It was them knowing that they could take advantage of Halo fans. They got my $500 but everything else I buy will be used or from a third party that doesn’t have to pay MS a portion of sales.

You do realize you’re getting everything in the H5 LE alongside the LE console & controller and the game right?

> 2533274868196456;4:

It comes with all of the limited edition content.