Why not radically change SP instead of MP?

I don’t understand 343’s logic. Why mess with MP so much? It’s a lose, lose scenario. No matter what you do, people will be pissed off.

Why not change up SP? So long as all the canon stuff is correct and it tells a good story hardcore Halo fans will be happy. Why are we still getting Halo games who’s campaign consists of entering an area, killing stuff, and then pressing a button to enter a new area?

Do something else. Go nuts with campaign and leave the MP alone.

This is quite a good idea, all of the downsides the spartan abilities bring to MP (like running away) become a positive in SP (can get out of danger faster). The one problem is 343 have now added MP to cannon, you are in a war games simulator and so has to representable of the campaign. But would be cool if in campaign MC played like Halo 2/3 and Locke played like Halo 5.

I still hate sprint though, even in campaign. I loved the way I usually had to use a vehicle to get around. Try not to destroy the last ghost or it’ll be a 10 walk. The gameplay became centered around getting vehicles but I never got in a vehicle unless it was a tank mission for Halo 4, just ran everywhere.

Seems odd for the campaign and multiplayer to be so drastic. Campaign usually gives people the downlow on the gameplay for the game and gets them ready for multiplayer. There shouldn’t be a disconnect.

> 2535445272577794;1:
> I don’t understand 343’s logic. Why mess with MP so much? It’s a lose, lose scenario. No matter what you do, people will be pissed off.
>
> Why not change up SP? So long as all the canon stuff is correct and it tells a good story hardcore Halo fans will be happy. Why are we still getting Halo games who’s campaign consists of entering an area, killing stuff, and then pressing a button to enter a new area?
>
> Do something else. Go nuts with campaign and leave the MP alone.

First off “Mess with MP” Its their freaking game, One in which they are refocusing for player like yourself, If they wanted to keep the “COD” gaming then they would keep everything in halo 4, and yet the scraped pretty much everything from that game.

They are synonymous with each other. The mechanics had and will always go hand in hand MP/SP. Only difference being the MP is balanced differently then SP.

All these mechanics will be amazing in SP opening up so many options into Combating the enemy.

Or they could change up both in fun ways.

Designers tend to like SP and MP to be virtually identical in terms of mechanics and sandbox, with only a few minor differences, and halo 4 probably being the most divergeant between the 2 in the franchise. The changes done have likely been for both MP and SP as well.

> 2533274876456769;5:
> Or they could change up both in fun ways.

But 343 is Lucifer

> 2533274964189700;6:
> Designers tend to like SP and MP to be virtually identical in terms of mechanics and sandbox, with only a few minor differences, and halo 4 probably being the most divergeant between the 2 in the franchise. The changes done have likely been for both MP and SP as well.

Im not really talking mechanics. I mean how the SP is laid out.

Add puzzles

Add choices

Add multiple endings

Add, idk anything besides shooting.

> 2535445272577794;8:
> > 2533274964189700;6:
> > Designers tend to like SP and MP to be virtually identical in terms of mechanics and sandbox, with only a few minor differences, and halo 4 probably being the most divergeant between the 2 in the franchise. The changes done have likely been for both MP and SP as well.
>
>
> Im not really talking mechanics. I mean how the SP is laid out.
>
> Add puzzles
>
> Add choices
>
> Add multiple endings
>
> Add, idk anything besides shooting.

How can the canon be correct with multiple endings and player choices? That is fundamentally against the way the Halo story is told.

> 2535445272577794;8:
> > 2533274964189700;6:
> > Designers tend to like SP and MP to be virtually identical in terms of mechanics and sandbox, with only a few minor differences, and halo 4 probably being the most divergeant between the 2 in the franchise. The changes done have likely been for both MP and SP as well.
>
>
>
> Add puzzles
>
> Add choices
>
> Add multiple endings
>

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Whoa.

That goes against everything I know the campaign stands for, I certainly don’t want that to happen. Halo has always been about telling a story, an existing start-to-finish story. I really don’t think it is an appropriate forum for multiple endings or choices or puzzles.

Open worlds is what Halo needs

> 2533274850926786;2:
> This is quite a good idea, all of the downsides the spartan abilities bring to MP (like running away) become a positive in SP (can get out of danger faster). The one problem is 343 have now added MP to cannon, you are in a war games simulator and so has to representable of the campaign. But would be cool if in campaign MC played like Halo 2/3 and Locke played like Halo 5.
>
> I still hate sprint though, even in campaign. I loved the way I usually had to use a vehicle to get around. Try not to destroy the last ghost or it’ll be a 10 walk. The gameplay became centered around getting vehicles but I never got in a vehicle unless it was a tank mission for Halo 4, just ran everywhere.

i wouldnt mind some abilities and things in the single player but for multiplayer it just ruins the experience

> 2533274850926786;2:
> This is quite a good idea, all of the downsides the spartan abilities bring to MP (like running away) become a positive in SP (can get out of danger faster). The one problem is 343 have now added MP to cannon, you are in a war games simulator and so has to representable of the campaign. But would be cool if in campaign MC played like Halo 2/3 and Locke played like Halo 5.
>
> I still hate sprint though, even in campaign. I loved the way I usually had to use a vehicle to get around. Try not to destroy the last ghost or it’ll be a 10 walk. The gameplay became centered around getting vehicles but I never got in a vehicle unless it was a tank mission for Halo 4, just ran everywhere.

To be fair, that was more of a scale / size issue.

Halo 4’s campaign was pretty small-scale compared to Halo 3 because the 360 couldn’t handle running a game of that caliber (in terms of visuals) and also have it be grand (like a bunch of Hornets fighting two Scarabs while Pelicans and Phantoms flew about in a massive open area).

But in the campaign, I would often only sprint when I felt Chief would in terms of what was going on. If he’s trudging along towards the cartographer tower like in the mission “Requiem” he probably wouldn’t be wind-sprinting there. But when Cortana yells “You need to get that beam down, now!” he’s gonna hustle a bit … kinda like how he bolted from the control room in CE when she told him to go find Keyes.

> 2535445272577794;1:
> I don’t understand 343’s logic. Why mess with MP so much? It’s a lose, lose scenario. No matter what you do, people will be pissed off.
>
> Why not change up SP? So long as all the canon stuff is correct and it tells a good story hardcore Halo fans will be happy. Why are we still getting Halo games who’s campaign consists of entering an area, killing stuff, and then pressing a button to enter a new area?
>
> Do something else. Go nuts with campaign and leave the MP alone.

Why not go play The MCC on Xbox One instead of poisoning future generations of a game with your misplaced nostalgia in multiplayer?

Halo 5 is on the best possible course as the Beta showed me. I wont pretend to speak for a majority of people some people on these boards, because case in point, I don’t!

I will speak for myself though, and Halo 5 is the best of both worlds, staying true to Core Halo gameplay while adding something new. These new gameplay features are mobility and offensive actions. (Spartan Abilities)

All of which are fine in the right context.

If you don’t want multiplayer to change and you want the game to be the same experience title after title, go play Call of Duty. Halo however can and will change, and as far as I can tell, in ways you will not care for. Get over it, find yourself a new franchise, because obviously Halo is no longer for you.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535445272577794;8:
> > 2533274964189700;6:
>
>
>
>
> Add puzzles
>
> Add choices
>
> Add multiple endings
>

Okay garbage like this immediately tells me that you have absolutely no idea what Halo is about. You sir need to get away from Halo because you are in fact poison.

I honestly wouldn’t automatically throw out open world, puzzles, etc.

I don’t feel like the campaign needs to be relegated to just trudging through a linear level and shooting everything in sight.

I wouldn’t want multiple choices or alternate endings though. Feels like it would cause unnecessary controversy over the canon.

> Why not go play The MCC on Xbox One instead of poisoning future generations of a game with your misplaced nostalgia in multiplayer?
>
> I will speak for myself though, and Halo 5 is the best of both worlds
>
> Halo however can and will change, and as far as I can tell, in ways you will not care for. Get over it, find yourself a new franchise, because obviously Halo is no longer for you.

> Okay garbage like this immediately tells me that you have absolutely no idea what Halo is about. You sir need to get away from Halo because you are in fact poison.

Basically saying “this is going to be the way it is, this change is good, deal with it”, then doing a complete 180 and throwing a fit when he asks for his own changes to the singleplayer. He could tell you to “get over it” if he wanted to.

Maybe now that you’re doing it yourself you’ll realize there’s actual, legitimate reasons for people to be opposed to changes.

Make a Half-life 1 style campaign, I would love that.