Why Not Quit Playing?

This is not a hypothetical question…

If so many people hate this game so much, why bother complaining? Why come on waypoint at all? It’s a game. There are others out there. Go play something you enjoy. Don’t waste your time.

I don’t want this to turn into “Well OP, why do you like it?” Because that’s not the point. The point is, this isn’t the only game out there. Why are you spending your time:
A) Complaining on a message board where you don’t think you’re being listened to
B) Playing a game you think is sub-par
C) NOT spending time playing a game you DO enjoy.

It doesn’t make any sense to me. Are you just looking for something to fill the void of your bleak afternoons?

EDIT:

So the consensus from most of you is that
A) I’m being a -Yoink- (lulz)
B) You are complaining in hopes of changing things

So, again, not being snarky here, do you really think that hating on the game on a message board is going to change any of the core elements of the game? Like the DMR, the AA’s, the LoadOuts existing, or Complex Existing?

Have there been any examples of this working in the past with the older Halo games? Because I certainly don’t remember any. I could be forgetting though- it’s been known to happen.

You found us out, OP. We secretly love the game unconditionally. He hate ourselves to sleep every night, tortured by regret after daring to try to improve a slightly flawed game. Help us love again.

Posting in a thread on Waypoint because I feel like it, I don’t like Halo 4, it’s garbage.

Well i dont play it, and im complaining because i bought this game. Which at the moment i consider a beta. If I hadnt bought the game and considered it a waste of money i wouldnt be here.

Complaining about complaining, sneaky title.

Oh jeeze, believe it or not you’d be bored to tears if everyone was just singing praise and shooting rainbows out of their butts over this game or any message board that revolves around anything passionate. Grow up.

Come on guys, I think it’s time that we all come out of the entitlement closet and admit that this game is absolutely perfect in every conceivable way. Trust me, it’s… liberating to let go of ways you think the game can be improved. There’s no need to speak up about it, no one can hear anyone over the heavenly choirs.

The first responder was quite close, and we are Spartan and Elite are we not?
Do we back down from a fight?
Does a Spartan (fireteam) whom finds themselves in the middle of a killbox with the enemy on the highground and said enemy is covered from every direction above not say; “Good, we have them surrounded.”?

This is why we know Halo is far from dead, least alone dying. There’s too much life for such a claim to be remotely true.

Halo4 is not perfect, but it is far from the imperfect hyperbole that those who feel their settings should be global feel it is.

because i want it fixed. i’m not going back to halo 3 or reach.

Halo 3- lag fest, construct, the dlc playlists are dead, filled with noobs and their bad guests.

i won’t get to reach because that would be beating a dead horse.

Halo reach is the “worst” halo ever but yet reach currently has more players than halo 3…where is the logic???

I guess it’s just funny to watch people threaten “I’m never playing this game again! ZOMG!” and yet they are on this board week after week after week.
What’s the point? I guess I just DGAF about any game enough to devote time to hating it.

I want to enjoy the game. The only way I can do that is if the game gets fixed. The only way for that to happen is to provide feedback/complaints.

Lote of players have already left (not even 100k people playing). And there will be many more if the TU doesn’t bring drastic changes to the game.

> Lote of players have already left (not even 100k people playing). And there will be many more if the TU doesn’t bring drastic changes to the game.

If this theory is correct then there will be a lot more players leaving the game as I doubt the TU will change the game drastically.

I’m complaining over the missing “Revenge of the Grunts” DLC which would allow you to play as grunts in a 32 vs 32 online match.Well i wish there was a DLC like that …now im sad.Again people are not complaining because they hate the game, but because they love the franchise and wish it go grow larger than halo 3 ever was, but with its current condition…its losing player base, fast.To be more precise, the core player base is being lost fast.Which is or “was” astonishing.

So when we are raging on these forums in the hopes that 343 will come on and see what is going on with their game, we are showing our dedication and love to the Halo franchise.Well that is at least how i feel.I try to give a constructive post without making it sound “whiny”, but in a forum with thousands of people posting each day, allot of mixed and varied views get crammed together.Which is why it may seem like its full of hate, when in reality people are simply expressing their feelings on where their favorite game is heading.Which many people do not like currently.

I stopped playing because the game isn’t fun, but I come here looking for news in hopes of things getting better.

Also, I can do this during spare time at work…

I’m waiting for a few things.

The january update could very easily fix some massive problems with the game. Whether 343i are actually smart enough to figure this out and make the right changes, I don’t know. Evidence points to “No.”

I have two brothers who play video games. For Christmas I got one of them BF3 and the other Halo 4. If either one of them likes their christmas present enough to play then I’ll have someone to play with again, because what made me give up on BF3 was that I didn’t have anyone to play with and what sucks about Halo 4 is no one else I know likes it. I have a clan with whom I play whenever possible, but they’re both more adaptable and less adaptable then I am, so it’s sort of square peg round hole territory.

Overall Halo 4 sucks. 343i did an awful job and I can’t believe anyone could have been so stupid as to do the things they did with the game. You can NEVER succeed in business by copying someone else’s product and then selling it for the same price. You can copy their business model, or you can sell their product for a lower price, but only a complete fool (Plenty of those in the business world) would be so extravagantly stupid as to copy the product and then sell it for the same price. Some of those idiots got ahold of Halo 4 and now we have Call of Duty: Space Marines. Combine their copycatting with the apocalyptic incompetence required to put 1 Gauss on one side of a 2-sided map, and you have Halo 4. It’s that moment when you say “No one would be THAT stupid” and then you see the Youtube video of Yes, someone WAS and IS THAT STUPID.

I post on waypoint because I vainly cling to the idea that our feedback means something and could get somewhere. The information for how to improve this game is present, it’s just up to 343 to first learn how to read and then read, and then learn how to make a game and do it.

All internet forums seem to be designed with the sole purpose to bash what ever subject is being discussed, be it movies, video games, books, sports, doesn’t matter, where ever you have forums you will have people telling everyone how bad “Subject A” and how much better “Subject B” is than the lowly “Subject A”. Except for the nuts that love Minecraft.

I did quit the game, I cannot enjoy this game at all. It’s frustrating, and when it’s not frustrating-the fun doesn’t even last that long.

I however come here to complain in hope that they will improve the game, and for the better of Halo 5. I seriously hope they learn from this and actually make a game better than Halo 2-3, not likely though. Halo 4 <mark>should</mark> of been an improvement of Halo 3, however it really wasn’t.

Halo has been my favourite gaming series since I first started playing Halo 2 in 2004. I was 10 years old at the time and I loved the game to bits, everything about it made me want to continue playing it, improving, winning, being better than people and just having fun. I grew up with Unreal Tournament 1999, I was 5-6 when I first played that game lol, but because of this, Halo’s “Arena” style made me want to play the game. They have pretty much removed everything that appealed to me in the first place, so I quit.

I cannot for the love of me, give this game ANOTHER chance, I’ve given this game more than enough chances and the result is the same.

Those of us that complain are complaining because we’re sad to see our favourite game, or a once truly great game go down the drain. To me, it is quite sad seeing the ship sink. We’re on a sinking ship that we want to stop sinking.

If you haven’t noticed, we have been, and still are.

That is why the population is abysmal.

So the consensus from most of you is that
A) I’m being a -Yoink- (lulz)
B) You are complaining in hopes of changing things

So, again, not being snarky here, do you really think that hating on the game on a message board is going to change any of the core elements of the game? Like the DMR, the AA’s, the LoadOuts existing, or Complex Existing?

Have there been any examples of this working in the past with the older Halo games? Because I certainly don’t remember any. I could be forgetting though- it’s been known to happen.